The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Thinking of applying to Edinburgh for 2012 entry?
Already applied to Edinburgh and now waiting it out for news on your application?

Then this thread is for you!

If you want to ask a question to a current student/graduate then please post it in the FAQ thread and someone will try to help you. Please do read the FAQ first though on the first post - most questions are already answered there.

Have you selected Edinburgh as your firm choice?
Share your details in the University of Edinburgh firmers 2012 wiki page. If you have a conditional offer then good luck and hopefully you'll get to Edinburgh in September! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying to Edinburgh for French and Italian! Got my e-mail about the MyEd thing last night :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Received my confirmation e-mail today :smile: for Philosophy and Politics.(anyone else?)

MyEd doesn't look indispensible to me (yet)... ucas track is good enough.
Reply 3
what is this stuff about Edinburgh discriminating against English students? Especially public schoolers?
Reply 4
when do people tend to hear from Edinburgh?
Reply 5
Original post by OneTimer

Original post by OneTimer
what is this stuff about Edinburgh discriminating against English students? Especially public schoolers?

There is no stuff.

Read one of the million and one threads in the Edinburgh forum about this but the short version is that its essentially a media fabricated story that boosts the egos of the thousands of people who get rejected each year to give them a reason as to why they were rejected. In some subjects more than 90% of people are rejected. Edinburgh has a very high percentage of English applicants, particularly applicants from independent schools. Edinburgh also has a very high percentage of English students, particularly from independent schools. As a result the amount of people who are rejected from English private schools is higher than from other sectors simply due to the sheer number of applicants.... so therefore people need to find a reason and this Daily Mail story goes quite well :smile:

For your second question look in the FAQ thread. This is/will be the applicant chat thread.
Applying to Edinburgh for Pharmacology. :biggrin: Going to transfer to Chemistry with a Year Abroad if I get in though, only applying for Pharmacology because I want to do pharmacy so my PS will be more relevant to that than chemistry. Fingers crossed it works!
Reply 7
Applying for economics with management science :wink:
Reply 8
I've applied for Veterinary Medicine!
Reply 9
Applying for International Relations :biggrin:
Original post by Isabell
Applying for economics with management science :wink:

I'm applying for Economics with Management Science as well :smile: Do you have any idea how competitive entry is for this course, at Edinburgh?
Reply 11
Original post by Schlegel
Received my confirmation e-mail today :smile: for Philosophy and Politics.(anyone else?)

MyEd doesn't look indispensible to me (yet)... ucas track is good enough.

Did anyone try getting into myed? There seems to be an ERROR tab at the end at the top within EUCLID. Is this normal for all ?

Can anyone confirm please?

Also did anyone receive the fee status questionnaire from Edinburgh yet? any idea, typically to whom , this is sent?
I'm applying for politics and sociology! Oh, and I'm American... any other Americans on here applying?
Reply 13
Original post by tripleeagle
I'm applying for Economics with Management Science as well :smile: Do you have any idea how competitive entry is for this course, at Edinburgh?

Good luck then! :wink:

I think that it is competitive as well as pure economics but I'm not sure :wink:
I've applied for history - but my MyEd username/password don't seem to be working :s. Anyone else found this?
Reply 15
It will start working tommorrow :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by AtheneNoctua
I've applied for history - but my MyEd username/password don't seem to be working :s. Anyone else found this?

did you put your ucas user name?

Also was there an email to fill out fee status questionnaire? can anyone explain more on this?

thanks
Applied for medicine :smile: The long, torturous wait begins..
Original post by Morgana
Applying for International Relations :biggrin:

me toooo
Reply 19
Original post by maxcartwright
me toooo

Awesome :biggrin: have u already sent off ur application?:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending