The Student Room Group

Sikhs riot over meat and alcohol at Cultural Centre

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Zuzuzu
What a pack of *****. A force-feeding of bacon sandwiches and stella'll sort em out proper.

bloody hell,

and yes I did.
Reply 21
The Sun, really?
Reply 22
I can understand people getting pissed but that is a bit of an extreme reaction. Even if the sun is making most of it up
Reply 23
If true, the reaction was OTT but what would you expect after naming it the "Sikh cultural centre"?
Reply 24
Original post by boobooboob
Touched a nerve ?

Go home pal.

I'm sure there's a tasty poo smelling slum in Mumbai with your name on it.

He told you to shut up because whenever people read your comment, they realise you are an idiot. It was for your own good.
Reply 25
I feel like I'm not getting the full story here. Sikhs, especially those in the West, are not known for their violence or threatening behaviour (unlike another certain group). In fact Sikhs tend to be very well-to do, educated, culturally assimilated types - I see many more soft-spoken Sikh lawyers, investment bankers or local-Dr-Singh-GP-types, than ranting and raving lunatics. Go figure.
Reply 26
That story has very little facts. Unsuprisingly.
touched a nerve ?

Go home pal.

I'm sure there's a tasty poo smelling slum in mumbai with your name on it.

yeh well i throw you in there after all it is mine.
Reply 28
It's unusual to see this amongst the Sikh community, they're usually one of the best integrated and most liberal of the recent immigration groups to the UK.
Original post by Omar.Ebrahim
Wow, you can read. Nice to know Labour's education system worked out well for you.

I'm half Arab, half British. I'm Muslim. English mum, Egyptian dad. I call myself British.

Although nobody's truly English, are they? The language is a mix of German, French and Latin, et al. 'English' people are descendents from Germans, the French, the Russians, Jews etc.

Go look up your family tree.

Not really. The Roman influence in the UK was rather small and the Germans didn't exist when the Anglo-Saxons came over to England and half of those lived in what is now Denmark instead of Germany. It would be more correct to say that the English are a Germanic people but most of those invasions were centuries and centuries ago now.
Tbf it was a sikh community centre, why were they selling meat and alcohol lolz
From seeing this article it is apparent that even more people need to get a smack round the head by Richard Dawkins.

Original post by Omar.Ebrahim
Although nobody's truly English, are they? The language is a mix of German, French and Latin, et al. 'English' people are descendents from Germans, the French, the Russians, Jews etc.

No-one is truly anything, unless England is the only place in the world that anyone has ever moved to. It does annoy me when England is constantly singled out, as if every other country is racially pure.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Snagprophet
From seeing this article it is apparent that even more people need to get a smack round the head by Richard Dawkins.

You come to that conclusion, even though the source is The Sun?

Niceone.
Reply 32
Original post by mrdreamerstar

We don't know where it was judging by that article. That's besides the point. Those "rioters" were angry due to the fact that, meat/alcohol was associated to a building named after their religion.
Reply 33
Original post by iqbal_harry
I think Sikhs should leave and go back home. And take the curry with them.. Trust the poeple of this country will have them back in no time for a curry and Samosa fix!! Sikhs rule!

I think you need to learn what sikhs did for the country *******.
Original post by f1mad
We don't know where it was judging by that article. That's besides the point. Those "rioters" were angry due to the fact that, meat/alcohol was associated to a building named after their religion.

fair enough m8
Reply 35
Original post by mrdreamerstar

According to a commenter "...but regarding the cultural center it is owned by the sikh gurdwara and therefore no alcohol or meat is allowed on the premises hence the furious reaction from the congregation,,Thanks"
Reply 36
Original post by ZRO
I think you need to learn what sikhs did for the country *******.

He was defending sikhs saying that people will want them back in no time.
Shut up about it being in the sun honestly you naive idiot this happened everything in the article is a fact

http://www.theasiantoday.com/article.aspx?articleId=2621
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8544741/Sikhs-trash-own-community-centre-for-selling-alcohol.html

Stop disputing things in newspapers you don't like simply because it doesn't fit in with your lovey dovey view of a religion/culture.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/8818816/Egypt-dozens-killed-as-Coptic-Christians-clash-with-riot-police-on-the-streets-of-Cairo.html

mate dont get jealous because we take all your jobs and your girls and your money and your benefits
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Besakt
He was defending sikhs saying that people will want them back in no time.

I know. What a numpty. More ignorance. I have an A level in Sikhism (only a C but still) and grew up In Gravesend!
Don't call it a Sikh community centre when is goes against Sikhism; how would other people like it if someone made money from their name when it goes against their principles?

Quick Reply