The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Applicants 2012

Ay-oop, and welcome to the University of Sheffield applicants thread for year of entry 2012 AD.

As with other threads, I will pop your name in the OP if you fill out this simple form.

Username:
Course:

Applicants list:

Biochemistry

Spoiler

Biology:

Spoiler

Chemistry:

Spoiler

Computer Science:

Spoiler

Economics

Spoiler

Engineering

Spoiler

English Lit.

Spoiler

Geography

Spoiler

History:
bethanysmith
Muscovite (and Russian)

Informatics
Ilovesourskittles

International Relations

Spoiler

Languages/East Asian Studies:

Spoiler

Law

Spoiler

Medicine

Spoiler

Music

Spoiler

Philosophy

Spoiler

Physics

Spoiler

Plant Sciences

Spoiler

Politics

Spoiler

Psychology

Spoiler

Sociology

Spoiler

Speech Science

Spoiler

Theology

Spoiler

Zoology

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Username: abi.tanner
Course: Speech and Language Therapy
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Username: blondie :smile:
Course: politics and sociology

:biggrin:
Reply 3
Username: xiaoti
Course: mechanical engineering
Reply 4
Username: Munny_d
Course: Korean studies with Japanese
Username: ZombieYoshi
Course: Korean Studies with Japanese, Korean Studies and Japanese Studies. I think Korean Studies with Japanese will be my first choice though if I get an offer.
Reply 6
Username: taeace
Course: Korean Studies
Reply 7
YAY finally someone made this thread :biggrin:

Username: Emgrace
Course: Biology with Year Abroad (MBiol)
Reply 8
I just clicked on this thread without even noticing it. Weird. :tongue:

Username: stifa
Course: Computer Systems Engnieering
Reply 9
Username: ohTS
Course: Economics BA
So, has anyone applied and received offers yet? I'm applying by Thursday and wondering how long I have to wait to find out if my future dreams are ruined or not.
Reply 11
I applied on Friday because of early entry. I just got a confirmation email from them tonight and apparently Sheffield are fairly speedy when it comes to offers. I'll let you know when I get an offer/rejection!
Original post by ohTS
I applied on Friday because of early entry. I just got a confirmation email from them tonight and apparently Sheffield are fairly speedy when it comes to offers. I'll let you know when I get an offer/rejection!

Oh, okay, although I imagine it would be slightly different for each department (I've heard Politics takes a long time for example),

Good luck!
Reply 13
I got an email today inviting me to some kind of open day:

Thank you for your application to read for a MComp Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Sheffield. We are contacting you with an invitation to an Open Day, which may involve an informal interview with a member of academic staff

Our policy on making offers is

if you attend an Open Day, you can expect to receive an offer of a place conditional on A-level (or equivalent) grades. In the event that these grades are missed by a small margin, you may receive favourable consideration although this will only be possible if we have remaining places on the course you have applied for.

:biggrin:

Oh and add me to the list please -
Quoi?
Computer Science
Reply 14
Lots of people doing Korean/Japanese studies in this thread. :smile:
I saw on the UCAS Decisions 2012 thread, that someone got an offer for Biology already! :O Making me nervous. :frown:
I personally love how Sheffield's cost of living is so much lower than in big cities! What's life like anyway in Sheffield?

If anyone here got an offer to a reputable London uni, would you choose London or Sheffield? Imperial's my dream, and Sheffield are among my insurances.
DarwinsDevotee
Zoology!
bethanysmith
history (L)(L)(L)<3
KatieKate
Applied for French and Hispanic Studies RR14 woo woo megar excited

Quick Reply

Latest