Cardiff
Bradford
Anglia Ruskin

A-level predicted is A*AA
AS-levels are AABD

I really like Manchester and Aston.. So i'll see what offers I get.. :smile:

How bout you guys??
Reply 21
Im applyiing for optometry for 2012 aswell.

Applied last year didnt get it in to uni i wanted (aston)

im applying aston, anglia ruskin, city london and bradford.
Defo firming aston!
Didnt get in?!?! what grades did you get?
Ive applied to cardiff plymouth aston manchester and bradford

cardiff = firm
Original post by KSinghh
Im applyiing for optometry for 2012 aswell.

Applied last year didnt get it in to uni i wanted (aston)

im applying aston, anglia ruskin, city london and bradford.
Defo firming aston!

so what unis did you get then?

and also achieved grades.

i presume you're on a gap year :biggrin: hi five !
I'm applying for Optom too. :smile:
Grades at AS were BBCC, but I messed up through not doing enough for and I'm retaking some papers.

Applying to;
Mancester
Glasgow Caledonian
Ulster
and Anglia Ruskin.

Back-up is Liverpool for Orthoptics.

Got an offer from Anglia last night for ABB with an A in either maths or biology and then Bs in the others (whichever science isn't an A and economics).

Manchester acknowledged my application so fingers crossed on that one.

Waiting for news is killing me.
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe

Got an offer from Anglia last night for ABB with an A in either maths or biology and then Bs in the others (whichever science isn't an A and economics).

Oh my gosh! When did UCAS process your application? I really want to put Anglia Ruskin as my firm choice :smile: good luck!
Original post by britchick
Oh my gosh! When did UCAS process your application? I really want to put Anglia Ruskin as my firm choice :smile: good luck!

Last night!

According to my email, UCAS sent the 'log into track' email at about 4.45. I logged into track around about 5.15, and clicked the 'choices' tab to make sure everything was the right subject etc. So I'm glancing down and beside Anglia it says 'Conditional' and I click and there's an offer. ._.

Very prompt of them, I have to say.
Last night!

According to my email, UCAS sent the 'log into track' email at about 4.45. I logged into track around about 5.15, and clicked the 'choices' tab to make sure everything was the right subject etc. So I'm glancing down and beside Anglia it says 'Conditional' and I click and there's an offer. ._.

Very prompt of them, I have to say.

Wow that is amazing :| UCAS processed mine yesterday so now I'm paranoid XD congratulations on getting an offer - you must be over the moon, must be quite a relief, and so early on!

Edit: I just read how they'd given you an offer within 30 mins. LOL. That must be a world record, your application must have been perfect
(edited 12 years ago)
Wow that is amazing :| UCAS processed mine yesterday so now I'm paranoid XD congratulations on getting an offer - you must be over the moon, must be quite a relief, and so early on!

Then again, I hear UCAS don't actually send the email at the same time as the forms, so maybe my application was procesed early and yours got done late? I dunno. I'm sure they'll be back to you soon enough. :smile:

I'm so anxious to hear from Manchester though. I think I'd like it there, love the city. But I'm not getting an A in bio haha, I'm only on a C from AS. :/ I reckon Anglia'll be one of the only ones to actually give me an offer, haha.
Then again, I hear UCAS don't actually send the email at the same time as the forms, so maybe my application was procesed early and yours got done late? I dunno. I'm sure they'll be back to you soon enough. :smile:

I'm so anxious to hear from Manchester though. I think I'd like it there, love the city. But I'm not getting an A in bio haha, I'm only on a C from AS. :/ I reckon Anglia'll be one of the only ones to actually give me an offer, haha.

Yeah that's my problem, my 2 "science subjects" are Biology and Physics, and my non-science subject being Psychology. At AS I got Bio A, Psychology A, English A, Physics D. Most excrutiating thing was having to drop the English (A) and carry on with Physics (D) so that I would be eligible for Optometry. I'm re-sitting at least one of the Physics paper to bump up my overall grade. So at VERY best I think I'll only be able to get a B in Physics, meaning Anglia is the only university I probably have a chance of getting into.

And yeah, I never got an e-mail from UCAS to actually say it had been processed, I just logged into Apply which said it had been processed... I'm so confused, shouldn't they have e-mailed me?
Yeah that's my problem, my 2 "science subjects" are Biology and Physics, and my non-science subject being Psychology. At AS I got Bio A, Psychology A, English A, Physics D. Most excrutiating thing was having to drop the English (A) and carry on with Physics (D) so that I would be eligible for Optometry. I'm re-sitting at least one of the Physics paper to bump up my overall grade. So at VERY best I think I'll only be able to get a B in Physics, meaning Anglia is the only university I probably have a chance of getting into.

And yeah, I never got an e-mail from UCAS to actually say it had been processed, I just logged into Apply which said it had been processed... I'm so confused, shouldn't they have e-mailed me?

When you say processed, do you mean your careers tutor sent it or that UCAS sent the form to the Unis? If the latter, you should have an email basically saying 'welcome to track, you can log on now'. That takes around 48 hours from when your tutor sends it to them...
When you say processed, do you mean your careers tutor sent it or that UCAS sent the form to the Unis? If the latter, you should have an email basically saying 'welcome to track, you can log on now'. That takes around 48 hours from when your tutor sends it to them...

My school sent it to UCAS on Monday, and I got an e-mail to say UCAS had received it.
But I have had no e-mail from UCAS to say I can log into Track etc, that only comes up on the Welcome page when I log into the Apply section (it's been like that since Thursday).

It's so weird how I haven't received an e-mail, but I can log into my Track account and UCAS said they'll send a letter in the post etc. so I suppose that's all that matters for the meantime?
My school sent it to UCAS on Monday, and I got an e-mail to say UCAS had received it.
But I have had no e-mail from UCAS to say I can log into Track etc, that only comes up on the Welcome page when I log into the Apply section (it's been like that since Thursday).

It's so weird how I haven't received an e-mail, but I can log into my Track account and UCAS said they'll send a letter in the post etc. so I suppose that's all that matters for the meantime?

Odd. I can't help, I'm afraid. :/
Until an email comes/letter comes I'd assume that it hasn't actually been sent and try not to worry. Easier said than done though, I know.
i haven't sent my ucas application yet!!!! Is this bad???

stressing now :frown:
Original post by Fezzes_Are_Cool
i haven't sent my ucas application yet!!!! Is this bad???

stressing now :frown:

Not at all. :smile:
As long as it's sent by January 15th, the unis have to give you fair and equal consideration.
And, in fact, some of them might not hue ANYONE offers until that date because, say, if Person A applied really early, but then person B came along and was better, but hadn't applied until the deadline, well, the uni would feel really stupid if they'd offered A a place and then couldn't offer B one as well.

Basically, nothing to worry about as long as it gets to them eventually. (although yeah, some departments in some unis have been issuing offers already).
Reply 35
Hey how many of you applied to bradford? Cuz they want a reference from ur work exp placement so I told the guy I did work exp with and he was like ye just write it urself and I'll sign it...except now I don't know what to write lol 8-) any ideas?
Original post by Jodieeee....
Has anyone else applied for Optometry yet?? I know no one applying for it =[

UCAS processed my application for Optometry on 20th October, and I received a conditoinal offer from Anglia Ruskin yesterday at 3:45pm :biggrin::biggrin:
And I know what you mean, when I had a meeting with my careers advisor at school a couple of months ago, he said in all 40 years of being a careers advisor, I was the first person he'd come across who wanted to study Optometry. Weird huh?
Original post by Fardip
Hey...

I just sent my Ucas off today and I'm applying for:

Manchester
Aston
Cardiff
Bradford
Anglia Ruskin

A-level predicted is A*AA
AS-levels are AABD

I really like Manchester and Aston.. So i'll see what offers I get.. :smile:

How bout you guys??

I got AABD (in Biology, Psychology, English Lit and Physics respectively) at AS-levels too, and I'm predicted A*AB (in Psychology, Biology, Physics respectively). What did you get the D in?

I'm re-submitting my English AS coursework because I was overall 2 marks off an A, so hopefully I will be able to bump my AS levels to AAAD, and then I'm also re-sitting at least one Physics paper too. My first choice uni will be AR so I'll need ABB with AB in my two core sciences. Now that I've received the offer I'm more motivated now :biggrin:

Good luck to everyone applying!
Odd. I can't help, I'm afraid. :/
Until an email comes/letter comes I'd assume that it hasn't actually been sent and try not to worry. Easier said than done though, I know.

No worries, I got the CO from Anglia yesterday, and a letter of acknowledgement from them this morning :biggrin: and an e-mail of acknowledgement from Manchester just now too :biggrin:
No worries, I got the CO from Anglia yesterday, and a letter of acknowledgement from them this morning :biggrin: and an e-mail of acknowledgement from Manchester just now too :biggrin:

Oh good!
:smile:

I'm so anxious to hear from Manchester if they're even going to give me an interview. :/

Quick Reply