The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Depends on how many views/subscribers you get.

And yes, you can get rich from youtube, but that all depends on your definition of rich.
Original post by mrdreamerstar
So how much can you get paid per 100 views? Could you ever get rich from youtube?

Rich? Yes, I know how it's simple marketing tricks employed by certain users on youtube that have scored well over $500,000 from making ridiculous videos because they are pointless soules human beings,
I'm not sure, but my brother will find out soon...he just got his youtube partnership accepted :biggrin:
Reply 4
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
I think it was something like 0.05 per view it was something like that but you need to be a partner
Reply 6
Original post by mrdreamerstar
So how much can you get paid per 100 views? Could you ever get rich from youtube?

I have 117,023 views and I have earned £37 so far. However google don't pay till you have earned £60 so i have another year yet :frown: I have been reasonably lucky in how this has played out. There are plenty of people with great videos that haven't even reached the point where they are considered for ad sense. I earn 0.03161 pence for each hundred views (about 600 views a week). Basicly you would be better off viewing it as a hobby with a little on a side rather than dependable income.
Wow, all of the answers above are completely EITHER worthless or untrue.

Whilst I am not a YouTube partner (Incredibly competitive area), my entire account has been selected to be enabled for monetization. This means, that I am able to monetize any video I have or upload by allowing google to put adverts over my video, and giving me a rougly 50-60% share of the revenue.

To this day, since July the 16th, I have earned ONLY £19.28. I have 38 monetized videos, and they have over 80,000 total views combined so far. I receive on average 110 total views a day for all of them, and getting a click on your advert is really RARE.

YouTube will NOT EVER make you rich, unless you are a comedian/professional/musician that is popular or recognized by lots.

Get a job if you are interested in earning money, time better spent.

EDIT: Neggers can dream on about YouTube bringing them riches, haha.
EDIT2: Wow, TSR you keep amazing me with you severe lack of common sense. Watching you people is so funny. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
It's something daft like 10 pounds for every 100000 views
Reply 9
To make an actual reasonable incoem (to live off of) would be incredibly hard. So hard it's almost not worth trying.

To be RICH from it? I doubt anyone is. Don't know what you define rich as. but unless i'm earning far above 200k+ a year, i'm not rich in my eyes, i'm just well off.

I watch some gaming channels who get half a mil+ for every day, with a lot of them being 2mil+. With daily updates and such. They can make a living off of it. People like Bluexephos, TotlaBiscuit. OMFGcata, syndicate etc. Probably lots of non-gaming ones too.
Original post by Sgt.Incontro

Whilst I am not a YouTube partner (Incredibly competitive area), my entire account has been selected to be enabled for monetization. This means, that I am able to monetize any video I have or upload by allowing google to put adverts over my video, and giving me a rougly 50-60% share of the revenue.

To this day, since July the 16th, I have earned ONLY £19.28. I have 38 monetized videos, and they have over 80,000 total views combined so far. I receive on average 110 total views a day for all of them, and getting a click on your advert is really RARE.

YouTube will NOT EVER make you rich, unless you are a comedian/professional/musician that is popular or recognized by lots.

What's your channel about?
Reply 11
So i wouldn't have made much from 1000 views lol
Reply 12
Not even people like: charlieissocoollike ; spricket24 or raywilliamjohnson

Make reasonable income/money. They probably have to do other stuff on the side. I know RWJ sells merchandise on the side.
Reply 13
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Not even people like: charlieissocoollike ; spricket24 or raywilliamjohnson

Make reasonable income/money. They probably have to do other stuff on the side. I know RWJ sells merchandise on the side.

So if i wana be rich youtube isnt a good way?
Reply 14
I know a Youtube partner and looked at his contract they are quite strict on who gets the best rates and they are divided into categories

The fulltime employed (by google) content creators can get upto $5000 per million views if they stick to their contract my guess is these top category partners are very rare and are people lik sxephil rwj etc.
Original post by Tommyjw
To be RICH from it? I doubt anyone is. Don't know what you define rich as. but unless i'm earning far above 200k+ a year, i'm not rich in my eyes, i'm just well off.

So wait, are you saying anything between £140,000 and £200,000 is not rich?
Reply 16
So wait, are you saying anything between £140,000 and £200,000 is not rich?

Yes i am. That isn't rich.

Little kids don't understand the economy (:

Go look up just how many people in UK are considered as worth over a million.

Thanks bro (:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw

Wow. Just wow.

EDIT: Neggers can dream on about YouTube bringing them riches, haha.

You haven't earned any serious money from YouTube because you such words as " Negger, " and have a simplistic view of how marketing really works. If you really knew how the actual system of online marketing indeed, works not just in theory... and have a good idea of social media's and what content people actually want to see rather than posting some random crap entilted " my life's work down the toilet, " then maybe, just maybe... would you make some money. It's simple math to calculate how much some of the dominant and , completely crap might I add, YouTube users have had. It's ignorant comments like you've displayed that demonstrate to me yet again what a stupid society we live in if people are that confused by some basic advertising and linking systems. Do us a favor, study it, learn it, use it and then, and only then, I beg... can you make rants on TSR about it.

Thank you and good day to you sir.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw

No it isn't rich, I'll back you up - it's subjective in addition. For example, I am a student... £200K, would be nice... I wouldn't say I'm rich, I'd say I'm slightly well off perhaps.

Latest

Trending

Trending