The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by nikita_atikin
Such a load of bullcrap. Tbh, from what I observed all of last year through intensive TSR stalking, the earlier you apply, the better chance you have for an interview/offer. I found that as soon as it was the Feb/March interviews for Computing, fewer people got offers. I swear everyone who came to my interview had an offer eventually.

I got my offer on the 8th of December (interview 24th of November) and I applied like a couple of days after the Oxbridge deadline. By January, Computing already does like 3/5 interview days.

They'll probably just make borderline people wait until January
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by nikita_atikin
Such a load of bullcrap. Tbh, from what I observed all of last year through intensive TSR stalking, the earlier you apply, the better chance you have for an interview/offer. I found that as soon as it was the Feb/March interviews for Computing, fewer people got offers. I swear everyone who came to my interview had an offer eventually.

I got my offer on the 8th of December (interview 24th of November) and I applied like a couple of days after the Oxbridge deadline. By January, Computing already does like 3/5 interview days.

Thank you for this! Hope I get my reply sooner. I just can't keep on waiting until next year.
Reply 1002
I am getting extremely worried! I submitted on the 9th of September (yes that early), ucas processed it on the 12th of September, and I havent even go an acknowledgement yet :/

Applying for Maths
Reply 1003
Imperial does not send acknowledgements! Worry not
Reply 1004
unfortunately people seem to be getting them now! My friend whos applying for engineering had an email today :/
Anyone else got an interview on the 14th Nov?
Reply 1006
Original post by Astronomical
Anyone else got an interview on the 14th Nov?

what subject is it for? Also, when did you hear from them ? :smile:
Original post by fruktas
what subject is it for? Also, when did you hear from them ? :smile:

Its for the Physics with Theoretical Physics (MSci) course. I got an email this afternoon, closely followed by some sort of acknowledgement, "thank you for applying" type email.

What have you applied for?
Reply 1008
For the good old Mathematics :smile: I got an offer from Warwick already, so that's my worst case scenario(Listen to me, saying Warwick is my worst case, most people would kill to go there). But ye, I am honestly getting scared :frown:
Original post by fruktas
For the good old Mathematics :smile: I got an offer from Warwick already, so that's my worst case scenario(Listen to me, saying Warwick is my worst case, most people would kill to go there). But ye, I am honestly getting scared :frown:

I got an offer from Warwick today as well (A*AA, already have the A* though :biggrin:). I wouldn't worry about the lack of communication for Imperial though to be honest, it's early days! And their maths department is so highly rated too, so they will no doubt have copious applications to go through already!
:biggrin: Now have 5/5 acknowledgements! And 0/5 offers/replies...
Reply 1011
I got an offer from Warwick today as well (A*AA, already have the A* though :biggrin:). I wouldn't worry about the lack of communication for Imperial though to be honest, it's early days! And their maths department is so highly rated too, so they will no doubt have copious applications to go through already!

Haha, I got my offer on thursday, and its A*A*A + 2 in STEP, have 1 A* tho, so just one in further maths to go haha. Or A*AA + 1 in STEP, but if I cant get A* in further maths, I doubt I can get a 1 in STEP :smile: My dreams lie with cambridge, but so do alot of people's, and they get rejected :frown:
Reply 1012
Does anyone know what the imperial physics questions are like ? are they more about the books that you've read, or do they set problems for you to solve?
Original post by fruktas
Haha, I got my offer on thursday, and its A*A*A + 2 in STEP, have 1 A* tho, so just one in further maths to go haha. Or A*AA + 1 in STEP, but if I cant get A* in further maths, I doubt I can get a 1 in STEP :smile: My dreams lie with cambridge, but so do alot of people's, and they get rejected :frown:

Oh, the dreaded STEP! :tongue: Best of luck with that, it looks tough... That is a tough offer; I can't imagine Imperials being any higher!

Cambridge NatSci is the ideal scenario for me, haha! Really pleased I will get some interview experience at Imperial before my Cambridge interview though (provided I get invited to interview, that is).

Where else are you applying?
Reply 1014
Oh, the dreaded STEP! :tongue: Best of luck with that, it looks tough... That is a tough offer; I can't imagine Imperials being any higher!

Cambridge NatSci is the ideal scenario for me, haha! Really pleased I will get some interview experience at Imperial before my Cambridge interview though (provided I get invited to interview, that is).

Where else are you applying?

Oh ye, I already started working through STEP questions, mostly for my Cambridge interview (again, assuming I get one haha).

I have applied to Cambridge (trinity), LSE for Maths with Economics, Bath and Warwick and Imperial ofc. Bath asked me to prove my grade, so I am assuming that once I have done that, and offer will arrive sooner or later :tongue:

What about you?
Reply 1015
Anybody got anything back yet for biotechnology and the like yet ?
Reply 1016
Original post by anyone_can_fly
:biggrin: Now have 5/5 acknowledgements! And 0/5 offers/replies...

When did you apply?
Original post by mpc1
When did you apply?

27 September. :smile:
Reply 1018
Original post by anyone_can_fly
27 September. :smile:

Have you applied to Warwick Maths? Many out here have got offers from Warwick Mmath already
Original post by mpc1
Have you applied to Warwick Maths? Many out here have got offers from Warwick Mmath already

I have. And I know. :frown: :moon: That's the problem.

Latest