The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erotas
I haven't been to see HYMS. Not too sure about the PBL course but if I get rejections from everywhere else I'd rather go to PBL than no medical school. I am terrified of getting all rejections too :sadnod:. But I'd be even more devastated to have an offer but miss out on it because of not getting the grades!!

I've been to see Hull and I'm not gonna lie, its BEAUTIFUL in a breathtaking way :O I'm in LOVE with HYMS, hope I get an offer so badly :yy:. Their interviews are horrible though :/ that's if I even get one :| Their PBL course is quite good (I read the whole prospectus) and it's supported by lectures and stuff so it's not 100% PBL, which is a good thing.

And yepp I'd be more devastated by that too, that's why I'm not gonna let it happen - offer or not. Because then if I get the AAA I can reapply.
Reply 121
Original post by SylveeDiggs
I've been to see Hull and I'm not gonna lie, its BEAUTIFUL in a breathtaking way :O I'm in LOVE with HYMS, hope I get an offer so badly :yy:. Their interviews are horrible though :/ that's if I even get one :| Their PBL course is quite good (I read the whole prospectus) and it's supported by lectures and stuff so it's not 100% PBL, which is a good thing.

And yepp I'd be more devastated by that too, that's why I'm not gonna let it happen - offer or not. Because then if I get the AAA I can reapply.

Ohh that's good to hear! Why do you say their interviews are horrible?! I've heard that they ask weird questions but is there more? I'm scared now :frown:
Original post by Erotas
Ohh that's good to hear! Why do you say their interviews are horrible?! I've heard that they ask weird questions but is there more? I'm scared now :frown:

Yeah they ask weird questions and give you an article, to which they ask more questions from. There's a fair amount of pressure :\ but apparently confidence and enthusiasm, plus preparation, is the best way.
Reply 123
just got my acknowledgement email too!!:biggrin:
i've heard the questions can vary a bit after the standard ones:P so we won't hear much before the 2nd?
Original post by smiths42
i've heard the questions can vary a bit after the standard ones:P so we won't hear much before the 2nd?

Congrats :biggrin: and nope we won't hear anything, unless you don't meet the minimum requirements probably :yep:
Reply 125
Original post by smiths42

Is it the 2nd when they receive our UKCAT results? I thought it was the 4th.
Original post by Erotas
Is it the 2nd when they receive our UKCAT results? I thought it was the 4th.

Sorry yes it is, I was thinking about BMAT day, that's why the 2nd rang a bell :tongue:
Who was everyone's acknowledgement email from. Mine was from a lady at the University of York, I'm just wondering whether they all come from York or whether this may be an indication of where your application is being considered?
Reply 128
Original post by platty1907
Who was everyone's acknowledgement email from. Mine was from a lady at the University of York, I'm just wondering whether they all come from York or whether this may be an indication of where your application is being considered?

I was thinking that too haha! Mine was from a lady at York too though :tongue:
My first letter of acknowledgement! Was begining to doubt that my application had even been sent off.
Reply 130
Original post by questionandanswer
My first letter of acknowledgement! Was begining to doubt that my application had even been sent off.

Congrats! :biggrin: Where else did you apply?

Lol weren't we all :biggrin:
Original post by platty1907

Original post by Erotas
I was thinking that too haha! Mine was from a lady at York too though :tongue:

Lady from York :yep:
Original post by Erotas
Congrats! :biggrin: Where else did you apply?

Manchester
Leeds
Liverpool
HYMS

Reallllly didnt want to do the BMAT

You?
Reply 134
Got my acknowledgment from York
Reply 135
Manchester
Leeds
Liverpool
HYMS

Reallllly didnt want to do the BMAT

You?

I was gonna do the BMAT but decided against it too. Really glad I opted out!

Newcastle
Leciester
Southampton
HYMS

:biggrin:
They just updated their website today:

"Latest news for applicants

Applicants for 2012 entry: We have received over 1000 applications for 2012 entry. Academic screening is now nearly completed and UCAS Form Reading is well under way; all applicants will hear by the end of November whether or not they have been successful in obtaining an interview."

Source: http://www.hyms.ac.uk/undergraduate/admissions-homepage.aspx
Reply 137
Original post by Rocket_Science

Applicants for 2012 entry: We have received over 1000 applications for 2012 entry. Academic screening is now nearly completed and UCAS Form Reading is well under way; all applicants will hear by the end of November whether or not they have been successful in obtaining an interview."

Thanks for that :biggrin:
Original post by Rocket_Science

Yay thanks :biggrin: I'm really glad their number of applicant's didn't increase this year. It was 1200 last year and I was worried that might have attracted some applicants :tongue: and omg we all hear back from them end of november? spooky stuff :creep:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 139
Original post by ViceVersa
Yay thanks :biggrin: I'm really glad their number of applicant's didnt increase this year. It was 1034 last year and I was worried that might have attracted some applicants :tongue: and omg we all hear back from them end of november? spooky stuff :creep:

where did you find out that it was 1034? I thought on their website it said 1200.

Quick Reply

Latest