Ah cool, Warwick, Nottingham, Birmingham and Southampton. Yourself? :smile:

Sounds good :smile: Warwick, York, Durham and Cambridge
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by daisy05
Sounds good :smile: Warwick, York, Durham and Cambridge

Ah, hope you get an offer from Cambridge (and the others, obviously) :smile:. What do you think of Reading then? I'm a bit disappointed after today :/.
Reply 62
Original post by SecretCircus
Ah, hope you get an offer from Cambridge (and the others, obviously) :smile:. What do you think of Reading then? I'm a bit disappointed after today :/.

Thank you! :smile: In all honesty I haven't visited! I was booked on the open day, but didn't see much point in going after I'd applied haha. Why were you disappointed?
Original post by daisy05
Thank you! :smile: In all honesty I haven't visited! I was booked on the open day, but didn't see much point in going after I'd applied haha. Why were you disappointed?

Ah, fair enough :smile:. It just didn't seem as good as I'd made it out to be in my head for some reason. The course looks really good though, it was more the actual university. When we went to see the accommodation, no one had even bothered to clear up the kitchen - there was food everywhere and dirty dishes. Just expected them to at least tidy up.
I'm applying, but I live in reading.... I'll be living in halls though, I want to make friends :redface:
Reply 65
Don't suppose anyone has an offer yet?

Went to the open day on the 22nd, but applied on the 20th, loved it and really want to get an offer!! Hence the impatience :wink: I got an email two days ago saying they had my application and it was under consideration, so I guess its just a waiting game from here!!
Reply 66
GCSE: A*A*A*AAAABBC
AS: AAABB (Law, English Language, History, Spanish, Critical Thinking)
A2 predictions: A*AA (Law, English Language, History)
Course: Law
Why: I know the place of Reading quite well (as I was born there) and the Law Department seemed really good at Reading so it's perfect for an insurance
Choices: York, Manchester, Oxford, Leeds, Reading

I'm another Law applicant hoping to put Reading down as my insurance. I went the Open Day on the 8th and thought whilst the uni wasn't quite as good as others I've looked at, the Law Department seemed to be on the ball and the talk was very useful. I've received confirmation from them of my application, but nothing else as of yet.
Reply 67
Hi! I've applied for the Art and Art History joint degree for 2012 - has anyone else applied for this course, or another Art course? :smile:

GCSEs: A*A*A*A*AAAAAA
AS: AAAB (Maths, English lit, Art, Physics)
Predicted A2: A*A*A (Art, English lit, Maths)
Choices: UCL, Reading, Edinburgh, Leeds, Reading

So excited! I'm dyyyyying for an offer!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 68
GCSE: A*A*A*A*AAAAAA
AS: ABBB
A2 predicted: AAB
Course: Pharmacy

Went to the open day a couple weeks back and was absolutely amazed, I had reading in mind as a " just incase everything goes horribly wrong choice " boy was I wrong, they've got a brand spanking new building with labs and general Pharmacy & Pharmacology facilities worth about £20million !
Totally overwhelmed by everything on campus it's a definite insurance i'll be happy to go to if I don't make my first choice, I only 15minutes away so I would drive, they've got amazing sports & library facilities. Perfect really :biggrin:
AND I got an interview on the 9th november :biggrin:
Best of luck to everyone, feel free to ask me anything, I'm pretty local so I'll do my best at giving info about Reading in general :smile:
I've applied to Biochemistry :smile: It's probably going to be my insurance but I still need to visit campus.
I got my offer today :biggrin:
Reply 70
Hey got an Unconditional for Accounting and Management....and have sent off my supp app for accounting and business....I applied for two courses at reading...really wanna cme here lol...anybody else doin accounting
Original post by mrsremuslupin
I've applied to Biochemistry :smile: It's probably going to be my insurance but I still need to visit campus.
I got my offer today :biggrin:

I'm applying for biochemistry too.
Hopefully my college will send off my application tomorrow.
Really want an unconditional from them. have BBC at A-levels. and D in maths :frown:(( wish i had a C then i would have the 320 points....

But hopefully they will see that I did 3 science subjects at a-level and also did EPQ :-D

Whats your offer?
Reply 72
GCSE: 6A*s, 5As, 1B, 1C and two distinctions
AS: AAAC
A2 predicted: A*A*A* (eeek :s-smilie:)
Course: Psychology and Philosophy

Good luck everyone! :biggrin:
Im doing law hopefully :smile:
Reply 74
Anybody else applying for Accounting and Business and Accounting and Management???
Reply 75
I'm applying for Law..does anyone know when Reading start handing out offers?
Im still doing my application so have no idea i afraid where else have you applied ?
Reply 77
Original post by S'mores
Hi! I've applied for the Art and Art History joint degree for 2012 - has anyone else applied for this course, or another Art course? :smile:

GCSEs: A*A*A*A*AAAAAA
AS: AAAB (Maths, English lit, Art, Physics)
Predicted A2: A*A*A (Art, English lit, Maths)
Choices: UCL, Reading, Edinburgh, Leeds, Reading

So excited! I'm dyyyyying for an offer!

I'm applying for the 4 year Art course, just send my UCAS form off and Reading's my top choice.
AS: AAAC (art, photography, geog, bio) and predicted AAAB for A2. I'm just super scared as its mainly on portfolio 0_0
I'll probably be applying for V500 Philosophy

GCSEs: (did Spanish equivalent)
AS: AAAAB
Predicted A2: A*A*A*A
Choices: UCL, KCL, York, Sussex, Reading
Reply 79
I'm applying for Biomed. They say in the prospectus you need a B in biology and one other science, I already have a B in biology but a C in chemistry which I'm resitting. Really, really hoping they make me an offer though :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending