Reply 1020
Hello everyoneeeee,

I sent my UCAS last week and applied for:

Oxford- Law with European Law
King's College- Law
Bristol- Law
Warwick- Law with Study Abroad in English
Reading- Law with Legal Studies in Europe

I did the LNAT last month... it was pretty tricky but the essay wasn't too bad! And I've been predicted A*A*A*A*A.

I hate all this waiting around haha!

Good luck to you all :smile: x
Hey :smile: I don't know if anyone has already answered this on other threads but I have had a good look..so does anyone know how long after taking the LNAT that universities consider you and start making offers (hopefully not rejections..)?
I'm taking my LNAT tomorrow, absolutely terrified! :eek:
Thanks in advance for any answers :biggrin:
Original post by kmorrison13
Hey :smile: I don't know if anyone has already answered this on other threads but I have had a good look..so does anyone know how long after taking the LNAT that universities consider you and start making offers (hopefully not rejections..)?
I'm taking my LNAT tomorrow, absolutely terrified! :eek:
Thanks in advance for any answers :biggrin:

I would like to know this too, as my UCAS application has been sent off and I have my LNAT on Thursday. Good luck with your LNAT! :smile:
Getting bored of waiting for more offers now haha, got all excited when I got my UWE offer, but all the other ones seem to be a bit slow now..
Reply 1025
Original post by krussel
Getting bored of waiting for more offers now haha, got all excited when I got my UWE offer, but all the other ones seem to be a bit slow now..

I haven't had any yet :frown:

I hate waiting...

Well done on your UWE offer!
Reply 1026
Nothing here too :frown: Especially hard when Exeter have been giving out Law offers.

Oh well, LNAT on Monday, that should at least then let me start fretting over why KCL and UCL haven't got back to me too!
Original post by SecretCircus
I would like to know this too, as my UCAS application has been sent off and I have my LNAT on Thursday. Good luck with your LNAT! :smile:

Thank you! Good luck with yours :biggrin: it wasn't as bad as I had expected, but the damn computer screen made my eyes ache after 2 hours 15 minutes..
Reply 1028
Do you reckon I have a chance of being made an offer from Birmingham? As stated in my sig, I got ABC at A2 last year. I'm resitting modules to get them up to A*AA hopefully. I do have mitigating circumstances which my referee has mentioned in my reference. What do you guys reckon?
Original post by kmorrison13
Thank you! Good luck with yours :biggrin: it wasn't as bad as I had expected, but the damn computer screen made my eyes ache after 2 hours 15 minutes..

Thank you, feeling a little unprepared but I'm hoping it'll be ok :smile:. That's good to hear, and yeah I'm not surprised - such a long amount of time to be sat in front of a screen for when you need to be concentrating!
I am applying for Law and French Law this year. I've applied to Oxford, KCL, UCL and Edinburgh so far. But for my final choice I'm not sure whether to risk it and go for QMUL or go for Glasgow, the safer choice.

I really want to be in London if I don't get into Oxford but it looks like QMUL is just as competitive as the other two London unis I've applied to. If I went for QMUL, Edinburgh would become my back-up.

Should I risk it or stick to the safe option? If you wish to see them, my exam results are in my signature.
Reply 1031
Original post by Elle408
Nothing here too :frown: Especially hard when Exeter have been giving out Law offers.

Oh well, LNAT on Monday, that should at least then let me start fretting over why KCL and UCL haven't got back to me too!

Interesting! I see KCL is one of your choices - same as me! :biggrin:
How are you feeling about the LNAT
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1032
Original post by narusku
Interesting! I see KCL is one of your choices - same as me! :biggrin:
How are you feeling about the LNAT

I think 'Not great' just about sums it up! I haven't done as much prep as i'd like and lateral thinking isn't my strong point. But, i'll be happy to get it done and know that my application can at least be considered for KCL and UCL once it's over!

I've never been so eager to get 50% in a test before either :rolleyes:

How about you? Have you sat yours yet? It's probably not a very good omen that the closest date I could get was Halloween. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1033
Have applied to:

York
Oxford
Leeds
Manchester
Reading

for Law [M100] and am eagerly waiting for a response! I'm hoping to get offers off at least 3 of them, as for Oxford and Manchester, it depends how well I've done on my LNAT and I'm really not sure. I didn't think it was too bad and I thought the essay was fine, but equally, I may have done shocking on the multiple choice questions.

It's not something to worry about - there's plenty of time so I didn't feel really pressured. It's just the long wait to see how I did that's annoying.
LNAT later today :s-smilie:.
Reply 1035
Original post by SecretCircus
LNAT later today :s-smilie:.

Good luck :smile:
I have mine this time next week :s-smilie:
Reply 1036
Good luck with it! :smile: It's quite tough but don't get worked up about it - the worst thing is staring at the computer screen for so long - all the writing starts to go fuzzy. I didn't think the essay was too bad. It's the multiple choice ones I had to constantly re-read.
Reply 1037
I’ve heard a lot of people say the essay isn’t too bad, I’m just hoping there’s at least one topic I know something about and can establish a good argument. Some of the sample ones are really random.
The problem I have with the multiple choice questions is the articles are so boring and after reading several of them my brain starts wandering onto other things as I’m reading them :s-smilie: I suppose they purposely make them boring as a lot of the law cases we’re going to be reading will be incredibly boring.
Original post by -Haz-
Good luck :smile:
I have mine this time next week :s-smilie:

Thank you :smile:. Ah, good luck for then! I agree with your other post too - my mind started wandering when I was doing the practice questions and I lost focus.

Original post by Jockie
Good luck with it! :smile: It's quite tough but don't get worked up about it - the worst thing is staring at the computer screen for so long - all the writing starts to go fuzzy. I didn't think the essay was too bad. It's the multiple choice ones I had to constantly re-read.

Thank you! I just hope it's not too tough. I feel more confident with the essay section than the mcq section, but hopefully it'll be ok.
Has anyone to date received an offer from warwick or manchester?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending