The Student Room Group

Warwick Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying to Warwick for MMORSE! :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by Ellie_M
I got the same email, got my boss to write a reference for me. So I suppose it means I need to get my uni supervisor to write one too.

It's not that odd ifyou think about it, until a few years ago, medical schools would get 2 references on the UCAS form so I guess Warwick just like to have 2 references.

The email states if you've been out of education for 5 years they want a reference from your most recent employer instead of an academic reference. I graduated in 2004, so I reckon I'll be alright.

Will ring them later on today just to get confirmation.
Biochemistry!!!
GCSEs 8A* 3A
AS AAAA
A2 Predictions A*A*A*Aa*a bio physics maths chemistry as further maths and epq.
Reply 23
Original post by adsyrah
The email states if you've been out of education for 5 years they want a reference from your most recent employer instead of an academic reference. I graduated in 2004, so I reckon I'll be alright.

Will ring them later on today just to get confirmation.

Yeah, I graduate this year so would need one from my uni :smile: Have sent an email to them to see if there is a deadline for the references.
Reply 24
Spoke to the admissions lady and she said they require a hard copy of the reference, so I'll get mine sent off this week.

Seems strange considering that the reference was attached to my UCAS application, but not a big deal to get a copy from my referee and send it off.
Reply 25
Original post by George89
got an email saying on average it is unlikely they would interview someone with a ukcat lower than 2660, so do u think it would silly to apply if you get just under that?

I got 2650, pretty gutted :s
Ive applied to Warwick anyway as love it so much, just have to keep my fingers crossed for a rather large miracle!! x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by gunner4lyf44
Biochemistry!!!
GCSEs 8A* 3A
AS AAAA
A2 Predictions A*A*A*Aa*a bio physics maths chemistry as further maths and epq.

Wrong thread - this is medicine.
Reply 27
I've had another request - a breakdown of my course modules.

I've supplied this once before as I was unsure if my degree would be acceptable, though last I'd suplpied the list they said my degree is fine.

Fingers crossed the admissions tutors haven't changed their minds :s-smilie:
Am getting a little worried now. All I've had from the is the standard acknowledgement email.

I graduated 10 years ago with a 2i in Biochemistry, 712.5 in UKCAT and have worked in healthcare ever since. On nights now hence being awake at silly o'clock. However I am older than your average applicant so I'm wondering if they're just not interested. I may however be getting slightly paranoid!
Reply 29
Original post by select the right name
I may however be getting slightly paranoid!

I think you may be!

The acknowledgement email was all I would have had if I had done a degree in their list - it's only after sending my reference to them that they asked for more information.

If they need anything from you, they'll ask :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Just had an email from Warwick saying that the next time I hear from them will be at the end of December (!) , to tell me if I have got into the selection centre or not... another 2 months to wait then...
Reply 31
Original post by Cattree
Just had an email from Warwick saying that the next time I hear from them will be at the end of December (!) , to tell me if I have got into the selection centre or not... another 2 months to wait then...

Ditto. Nice to hear from them all the same :smile:

Im desperate to go to Warwick but think ill fall at the first hurdle, 663 UKCAT. :frown:
Original post by Cattree

Me too. So frustrating!
Original post by adsyrah
I think you may be!

The acknowledgement email was all I would have had if I had done a degree in their list - it's only after sending my reference to them that they asked for more information.

If they need anything from you, they'll ask :smile:

Thanks for the reassurance! Feeling a little negative about the whole process.
Reply 34
I'm applying for Law :smile:
Reply 35
Warwick have asked for an academic reference on letter headed paper from my tutor. Apparently the one from my line manager isn't enough :frown: . My tutor seemed keen to help tho, which is nice - I hate asking for references. Expecting a big fat rejection when the UKCAT comes out, my score is likely to be borderline :s-smilie:
Reply 36
Original post by Cattree
Warwick have asked for an academic reference on letter headed paper from my tutor. Apparently the one from my line manager isn't enough :frown: . My tutor seemed keen to help tho, which is nice - I hate asking for references. Expecting a big fat rejection when the UKCAT comes out, my score is likely to be borderline :s-smilie:

Yeah, if it's not been more than 5 years since you graduated they'll want an academic one.

Good luck with the application :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Cattree
Expecting a big fat rejection when the UKCAT comes out, my score is likely to be borderline :s-smilie:

Ditto. What's the proceedure for borderline cases? Do thay take into consideration PS etc or is it striaght into the rejection pile?

Im on 662.5 :frown:
Reply 38
I've applied for Chemistry! :biggrin:
But I'm yet to here any news... D:
Reply 39
Got an email today - only saying that they've received my written reference :s-smilie: . Back to the wait...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending