The Student Room Group

DCPIP and vitamin C experiment write up.

So i figured out the concentratino for different solutions. However, i think i made a mistake - freshly squashed orange juice took three drops for the colour to change and the concentration is less compared to the others. Shouldn't the concentration should be more because there is a lot more of vitamin C in it?:confused:
Reply 1
Original post by Iwannaknow
So i figured out the concentratino for different solutions. However, i think i made a mistake - freshly squashed orange juice took three drops for the colour to change and the concentration is less compared to the others. Shouldn't the concentration should be more because there is a lot more of vitamin C in it?:confused:

It should but orange is less acidic than other citrus fruits.
Original post by Iwannaknow

If it's more concentrated, you would need fewer drops for it to change the colour of the DCPIP.

Quick Reply