The Student Room Group

WJEC AS level computing coursework (analysis and design)

i was just wondering if anyone on here has any previous examples of their AS analysis and design section of their coursework :smile: our college has provided us with a partial example of an exemplar piece of work obviously a different scenario but i find having the example gives me peace of mind that im at least on the right track, so if anyone could help out in filling the bits that are missing that'd be great, ^_^
Reply 1
I did the exact same course. Just a tip: this course requires a huge quantity of work (alot of it is easy but there's just a vast quantity), a good rule of thumb is if it's under 100 pages you've gone wrong somewhere. For the A Level you're looking at closer to 150+.
AS Level Work
Reply 2
Original post by markop2003
I did the exact same course. Just a tip: this course requires a huge quantity of work (alot of it is easy but there's just a vast quantity), a good rule of thumb is if it's under 100 pages you've gone wrong somewhere. For the A Level you're looking at closer to 150+.
AS Level Work

Woaah???? 100 pages?????? OMG... That's just insane. I currently have 8 pages, it's 5000 words and I'm up to objectives. We haven't started the coding yet, and I still have to do graphical user interface, gonna be 2 more pages. Oh I also have objectives and events table, which is 5-6 more pages. But it's definitely not gonna come out as 100 pages.... That would be like a hundred thousands of words, seeing as for 8 pages I have 5000 words. OMG. I know this thread was old but seeing this reply I just went omfg mode.

Hope you sill this and will reply with some explanation. I'm really stunned about what you said... 100 pages. Just wow.
I got 67/70 for AS and my final coursework was 300 pages and my A2 project is nearly 800 pages.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ExplosiveSam
I got 67/70 for AS and my final coursework was 300 pages and my A2 project is nearly 800 pages.

300 pages long? Seriously but :wtf:
Does it include the coding?
Does it include evaluation and testing?
What takes the most pages? Because really, 300 pages... That doesn't sound impossible. I will ask my teacher as he is examiner for that board.
I got 65/70 with ~45 pages. That figure does include the programming aspect, an annotated printout is part of the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending