The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5720
Who here absolutely adores Devin Townsend Project??

His newer songs have lost their heaviness especially the album Ghost, but they are so beautiful!

I heard about Arizmenda quite a while ago but only got around to listening to them the other day. I feel like a fool. Within The Vacuum Of Infinity is brilliant.

Apparently, Decapitated were on that plane that landed with no wheels the other day! :eek:
After checking their website at least weekly for the past two years, Forefather recently announced their new album title and artwork:
^epic.
Does anyone like eluveitie?
Reply 5726
Anybody going to Rise Against tomorrow night at the Manchester Apollo? Absolutely can't wait, been 2 years since they was last here (also at the Apollo, November 19th). Definitely my most anticipated gig of the year.
Original post by Joolker
Anybody going to Rise Against tomorrow night at the Manchester Apollo? Absolutely can't wait, been 2 years since they was last here (also at the Apollo, November 19th). Definitely my most anticipated gig of the year.

Nope, I'll be there next Friday for Opeth :headbang:
Reply 5728
Original post by Joolker

Damn, I forgot all about that! Alter Bridge are on later in the month with Black Stone Cherry as support too. Curse my essays! Hope it's amazing, they certainly were in Liverpool 02 Academy a few years back :tongue:
Original post by mikeyd85
Apparently, Decapitated were on that plane that landed with no wheels the other day! :eek:

They have the best luck with vehicles. I'm kinda glad they cancelled Damnation really. I don't think I'd enjoy most of their set, and apparently Ulver are now gonna get to play longer.

Original post by Manitude
After checking their website at least weekly for the past two years, Forefather recently announced their new album title and artwork:

About ****ing time. Steadfast musta been 2007/8.
Original post by concubine

About ****ing time. Steadfast musta been 2007/8.

May 08 apparently, but yeah - it has been ages!
They said soon after Steadfast that they didn't want another very long break between albums, but it's going to be at least three and a half years!

Hopefully it will be somewhere near as good as Steadfast.
Original post by Imlovingmyradio
Does anyone like eluveitie?

Yes! :smile: I saw them with DevilDriver November last year (holy **** that was a year ago!!?? :eek:), they were amazing! Shame they only played like 5 songs though.
Original post by Guitarded
Yes! :smile: I saw them with DevilDriver November last year (holy **** that was a year ago!!?? :eek:), they were amazing! Shame they only played like 5 songs though.

I'd love to go see them live :tongue:. What all songs did they play?
"New Burzum compilation From The Depths Of Darkness is out late November 2011 via Byelobog Productions. The tracks were re-recorded in 2010."

Track list:
The Coming (introduction)
Feeble Screams from Forests unknown
Sassu Wunnu (introduction)
Ea. Lord of the Depths
Spell of Destruction
A lost forgotten sad Spirit
My Journey to the Stars
Call of the Siren (introduction)
Key to the Gate
Turn the Sign of the Microcosm (Snu Mikrokosmos' Tegn)
Channeling the Power of Minds into a new God

Will be interesting to see how he's changed his old stuff.
Original post by Imlovingmyradio
I'd love to go see them live :tongue:. What all songs did they play?

Quoth The Raven
(Do)Minion
Thousandfold
Inis Mona

There was at least one other, I can't remember. Tegernako maybe. I really only knew songs off Slania at the time. They put on one hell of a performance though!
Original post by SmilerNuts
you can't be serious about Bring Me The Horizon surely? they are absolute pish!
The ones in bold are the ones i like but haven't heard much by the rest. You should check out grindcore like Napalm Death and Pig Destroyer, that's some real bands without these tragic haircuts :wink:

Napalm Death is the stuff... hahaha.
My ideal type of metal would be just good old NWOBHM (i.e. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Tygers of Pan Tang, Def Leppard, etc.) and some glam (Motley Crue, Steel Panther). I had my share of time with thrash (Exodus, Megadeth, Metallica (old stuff), Slayer, Anthrax, Evile, etc.)

My TOP favorite bands:
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Boston, Def Leppard, Megadeth, Motley Crue, Mr. Big, Whitesnake, The Who

You're probably one of the only eastern asians who like to listen to good old heavy metal :biggrin:
Will there be a Falkenbach gig in 2011?
"No, Falkenbach live is planned for 2012 at the moment.
The rehearsals will start in september, ´til spring 2012,
as we cannot rehearse more often than 1-2 times a month."

**** YES!
(but only if there's some UK dates...though videos of the inevitable german dates would be cool too)
Original post by doctork2
My ideal type of metal would be just good old NWOBHM (i.e. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Tygers of Pan Tang, Def Leppard, etc.) and some glam (Motley Crue, Steel Panther). I had my share of time with thrash (Exodus, Megadeth, Metallica (old stuff), Slayer, Anthrax, Evile, etc.)

My TOP favorite bands:
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Boston, Def Leppard, Megadeth, Motley Crue, Mr. Big, Whitesnake, The Who

You're probably one of the only eastern asians who like to listen to good old heavy metal :biggrin:

You should totally check out Marseille, Pagan Altar and Saxon.

Actually EVERYONE should go and look at Pagan Altar:
Reply 5739
Anyone heard Rishloo, just found them thanks to last.fm they sound very much like Tool, check them out.

Latest