The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Freshers Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi :smile:
I've applied for Geography (Single Honours L701) , my UCAS is being sent in the next few days from school, so fingers crossed I'll get an offer. Anyone else applying for this course or the other Geography courses?
Well done if you've already got an offer and good luck if you're waiting :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by he3
I am going to apply to Chemistry(major) with forensic science. Haven't sent my application yet though :/ Still waiting for reference from my teacher, it's taking ages for her to upload it on the UCAS form. I am taking Keele as an insurance choice but the more i look at modules and the course it self the more i am thinking of taking it as my firm choice. Anyone else applying to similar course?

Hey! I am applying for Chemistry (major) with Maths :smile:
My UCAS has been sent out for over 2 weeks now, and I haven't had an acknowledgement from Keele :P Its also my backup :smile:
Hi i have applied for psychology and education studies and I got an offer a week ago for BBC. Anybody else applying for either subject?? :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by ChipDeeks
I certainly am! Anyone else thinking of studying Politics at Keele? The study abroad scheme?! <3 that idea so much!

Original post by Stokiealex
I applied for Politics and History; the politics course sounds great :smile: Does anyone know how long it typically takes for Keele to make offers?

Heyyy guys :smile: I'm from italy and i've applied on the 26th of oct for Politics & International relations.. I'm just soooo thrilled about the study abroad scheme!! which country would you choose? mm
I have also applied to Kent, Nottingham, St Andrews an Dundee (tho i'll never meet the requirements for nottingham and st andrews LOL)
in how much time do you think we're gettin a reply? :P
Reply 84
Original post by ajira
hello everybody. Im an international student and this university have offered me a place law and politics.I would be very happy to talk with anyone who are also applied or thinking about it :smile: I need to improve my English language skills :smile: thank you!

I have applied or Politics and Int Relations! I took the ielts during summer, and got a 7!! if u have any question about this exam feel free to ask :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by LauraMial
Heyyy guys :smile: I'm from italy and i've applied on the 26th of oct for Politics & International relations.. I'm just soooo thrilled about the study abroad scheme!! which country would you choose? mm
I have also applied to Kent, Nottingham, St Andrews an Dundee (tho i'll never meet the requirements for nottingham and st andrews LOL)
in how much time do you think we're gettin a reply? :P

I recieved my offer after only two weeks :smile: good luck!
Reply 86
Original post by Stokiealex
I recieved my offer after only two weeks :smile: good luck!

Congrats!! :smile: is keele your first choice? have u got any other offer so far?
Got a conditional offer for Biomedical sciences at Keele-Yay! Has anyone else?
Reply 88
Original post by POWW!
:0! I'm applying for Maths as well! hopefully be my Firm/ Insurance if I get an offer!

For the record i'm also applying for mathematics, but combined with Physics :P Also hopefully my insurance... haven't got an offer yet though, although my application was sent off a few days ago
I got a conditional for Chemistry today! BBC :biggrin: Its my backup, but its still pretty awesome knowing that someone wants me :P
Reply 90
Original post by LauraMial
Congrats!! :smile: is keele your first choice? have u got any other offer so far?

Thanks :smile: Yep its my first choice, so it'll be my firm offer. And I've also recieved an offer from Chester, which will probably be my insurance. I'm just waiting on Aberystwyth, Cardiff and Leicester. Have you applied to any others?
Reply 91
Hey guys :smile: Any questions, send them my way... Im at keele now so happy to help if anyone has any questions :smile:
Original post by Emmaharvs
Hey guys :smile: Any questions, send them my way... Im at keele now so happy to help if anyone has any questions :smile:

Hey I've yet to visit but on paper I love Keele and they've given me an offer I think I can meet easily so I think they're going to be my firm choice :smile: now this may be an odd question but... what's the arboretum like? :P
Reply 93
Original post by brokenlogic18
Hey I've yet to visit but on paper I love Keele and they've given me an offer I think I can meet easily so I think they're going to be my firm choice :smile: now this may be an odd question but... what's the arboretum like? :P

Keele is really nice, I didnt visit until quite late but when I did I just set my heart on it even more! Much as I'd love to answer your question, Im not gonna lie... got no idea what an arboretum is :tongue: sorry... explain?
Original post by Emmaharvs
Keele is really nice, I didnt visit until quite late but when I did I just set my heart on it even more! Much as I'd love to answer your question, Im not gonna lie... got no idea what an arboretum is :tongue: sorry... explain?

haha well on the website it mentioned it had an arboretum, basically a collection of tree and plant species or a botanical garden type thing :tongue: I hadn't noticed such a thing with other universities and thought it was really cool and unique :tongue:
Reply 95
Well, I'll be honest, I havent noticed any special trees or anything but it might be up near the science buildings and that. There definitely are a lots of trees, its a gorgeous campus as you'll see if you visit. Literally the view from my window (Im in horwood halls) is like trees :smile: And theres lots of squirrels, everyone jokes about the number of squirrels but genuinely theres loads :tongue: Sorry I couldnt help much
Reply 96
I've applied to do Biology at Keele with a minor in forensic science (haven't referenced it at all in my personal statement though, caught me a bit offguard with having to choose a minor so quickly)
I have a squirrel hoodie :awesome:
Hellooo I've applied at Keele for Human Biology and Chemistry :biggrin:
Original post by katherine_b
Got a conditional offer for Biomedical sciences at Keele-Yay! Has anyone else?

me too!! BBC?! i was kinda shocked cos my personal statement was completely geared towards medicine and the other people who genuinely want to do biomed prob haven't even sent out their applications but they're already giving out places...ah well, not complaining :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply