The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoJessicaAnn
Yay, well done! I would have liked this but TSR says I've reached my limit today already.... ooerr.

Thank you! Even if I don't get an offer from Cambridge (which is pretty likely) I still think applying has been worth it - it made me get my application in early and if I hadn't done so I 'd probably barely have started my PS by now, never mind be sitting on four offers! :biggrin:

Where have you applied/are you applying? :smile:

EDIT: Also, I hate running out of +rep too! :tongue:
Original post by PatrickD
Thank you! Even if I don't get an offer from Cambridge (which is pretty likely) I still think applying has been worth it - it made me get my application in early and if I hadn't done so I 'd probably barely have started my PS by now, never mind be sitting on four offers! :biggrin:

Where have you applied/are you applying? :smile:

EDIT: Also, I hate running out of +rep too! :tongue:

Yeah, my friend applied to Oxford but he's already ended up with two offers from really good universities - RHUL and Exeter :smile: so now, obviously he does want Oxford but he's still got really really good choices if he doesn't get it :smile: So jealous!

I applied for History to Leeds (x2), RHUL, Cardiff and Sussex :biggrin: Only sent off my application on Friday and it's already doing my head in :wink: silllyy.
Yeah, my friend applied to Oxford but he's already ended up with two offers from really good universities - RHUL and Exeter :smile: so now, obviously he does want Oxford but he's still got really really good choices if he doesn't get it :smile: So jealous!

I applied for History to Leeds (x2), RHUL, Cardiff and Sussex :biggrin: Only sent off my application on Friday and it's already doing my head in :wink: silllyy.

Haha. Yeah, you soon start checking your emails/Track every five minutes just in case! :tongue:

I'm glad to see someone else who has applied for two courses at a single university! I very nearly applied for three courses at Nottingham but thought it might be a bit too far! :smile:
Reply 203
Original post by maxcartwright
both:smile:

I take country-specific A level exams which do not have A* grades. Hence the offer is AAB.

I do realise that I'm incredibly lucky but I guess it has to do with the fact that I'm a non-EU international!
Haha. Yeah, you soon start checking your emails/Track every five minutes just in case! :tongue:

I'm glad to see someone else who has applied for two courses at a single university! I very nearly applied for three courses at Nottingham but thought it might be a bit too far! :smile:

Well my course's have a big grade difference - I've applied for straight History which is AAA and History and Sociology which is ABB. So I'm hoping it will at least show my dedication to the Uni - really want to go there :smile:
Well my course's have a big grade difference - I've applied for straight History which is AAA and History and Sociology which is ABB. So I'm hoping it will at least show my dedication to the Uni - really want to go there :smile:

Yeah it should do - they'll be pleased that you want to go there. That's what Nottingham told me after I emailed them asking if it would mkae me look indecisive, anyway - it makes you look eager to go to their uni.

I applied to both courses because they are similar but have slightly different standard offers. My preferred course's is AAB-ABB while the other's is ABB-BBB. In the end I got ABB offers for both courses! :tongue:
Yeah it should do - they'll be pleased that you want to go there. That's what Nottingham told me after I emailed them asking if it would mkae me look indecisive, anyway - it makes you look eager to go to their uni.

I applied to both courses because they are similar but have slightly different standard offers. My preferred course's is AAB-ABB while the other's is ABB-BBB. In the end I got ABB offers for both courses! :tongue:

Wow, so I could get two offers :tongue: Never even thought of that option, assumed two rejections or only one offer!
Wow, so I could get two offers :tongue: Never even thought of that option, assumed two rejections or only one offer!

Yeah, it obviously depends on the university but I think most would be quite ahppy to give you two offers if you're good enough.

When I emailed them they pointed out that they wouldn't be able to see my other application because the other course was dealt with by a different department. They also said that two applications to the same department would not put me at any disadvantage - each application is treated separately and fairly. :smile:
Reply 208
Application sent: 4th November
Uni: Royal Holloway
Course: Management
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
Offer Grades: AAB
Date Offer Received: 7th November
Reaction: First offer!!! YAYAYAYAY :smile:
Reply 209
Original post by s1234s

Original post by s1234s
Application sent: 4th November
Uni: Royal Holloway
Course: Management
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
Offer Grades: AAB
Date Offer Received: 7th November
Reaction: First offer!!! YAYAYAYAY :smile:

Congratulations!!! :biggrin:
Got 2 offers already and a email from Nottingham saying they will be making me an offer :biggrin:
Finally got my first offers ^_^
Nottingham and Manchester for Classical Civilisation. God, I thought the nerves were going to kill me...
Reply 212
Original post by Nadine10
Application sent: 27/09/11
Uni: Bristol
Course: BSc Economics
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional Offer
Offer Grades: A In Economics
Date Offer Received: 27/10/11
Reaction: Jumping up and down with joy!

Congrats! Nice name, by the way. :wink:

EDIT: Realised that I've been a bit of a noob and thought the first page was the last. Sorry!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 213
Original post by Nadindi
Congrats! Nice name, by the way. :wink:

EDIT: Realised that I've been a bit of a noob and thought the first page was the last. Sorry!

Reply 214

English Language and Literature ^^
Reply 215
Applying for 3 Law courses and 2 English...I know, probably a poor move. But I can't make my mind up.
Durham - English Literature
St Andrews - English
Aberdeen - Law
York - Law
Queen's Belfast (hometown) - Law

Think they're all looking for AAA or A*AA (Durham) but Aberdeen wants ABB so it's an insurance.
GCSES - 10A*s
AS Levels:
English Lit - A
Music - A
Physics - A
Class Civ - B (dropped, broke my heart. Favourite subject by far!)
A Level Predictions - A*A*A*
Reply 216
Original post by Nicholasng925
Application sent: 19th of September
Uni: Warwick
Course: MMORSE (G0L0)
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Offer
Offer Grades: A*AA with A* in Maths and A in Further Maths
Date Offer Received: Tuesday 8th November

Uni: City
Course: Actuarial Science
Decision: Offer
Offer Grades: A*AA with A* in Maths
Date Offer Received: Tuesday 8th November

Uni: Heriot-Watt
Course: Actuarial Science
Decision: Offer
Offer Grades: AAB with A in Maths
Date Offer Received: Monday 7th November

Reaction: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just woke up from sleep, and this is like a dream for me! :eek: :banana2::banana2::banana::badger::bhangra::bhangra:

OMG A BIG MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! did you just get 3 offers at once!!! damn enjoy the adrenaline rush :biggrin:
OMG A BIG MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! did you just get 3 offers at once!!! damn enjoy the adrenaline rush :biggrin:

Yeah!!!!!!!! :biggrin: thank you! omg so excited, I can't sleep now! :eek: (It's 2.48am for me!) :colondollar:
Application Sent: 21/10/11
University: University of Sussex
Course: Physics
Decision: Conditional Offer
Offer Grades: ABB with Physics and Mathematics at A2.
Date Offer Received: 08/11/11.
Reaction: YES! YES! Second Offer!
Original post by i Pav i
Application sent: 7/10/11.
Uni: Birmingham.
Course: Biological Science w/Europe.
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional.
Offer Grades: ABB.
Date Offer Received: 8/11/11.
Reaction: ABB :O SO HAPPPY - ALL 5 OFFERS after less than a month :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wow, that's pretty cool- well done! I'm waiting for an offer from Birmingham and 2 others...:erm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending