The Student Room Group

Swansea Medicine Applicants 2012

Anyone else applied to Swansea? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Me :smile: Doesn't look like there's many of us...
Reply 2
Aha! There are signs of life after all.

Oh well, I'm not complaining if there's few of us. :tongue:
I know, right? Might make life a bit easier :tongue:

So, how was your Gamsat? Though I guess we've got no idea what they want from it...
Reply 4
Hey guys, I've applied for Swansea grad med too, so thought I'd pop n say hey! When do you reckon we should expect to hear of interview offers?

P.S. GAMSAT nearly killed me - endurance test!!!
Reply 5
I see Swansea medical students everyday and cant help feeling jealous of them! They seem like such a happy close knit bunch. Fingers crossed for next year! :smile:
Reply 6
Hurry up Swansea! Still waiting to hear from them to send out interviews invitations.
Reply 7
Interview at swansea! so happy (:
Oh, good for you! What was your Gamsat, if you don't mind me asking?

Now I know this is coming the waiting's just agonising. I really need Swansea to like me!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
I had S1=58 S2=55 S3=55 , so average of 55! So glad I've got through that hurdle! Do you know much of the structure of the interview at swansea? what kind of questions are likely etc? Im so nervous/excited!
Nice one! I was worried, but my average was 65 and I've now got an interview for the 30th :biggrin: So happy!

No idea what the interviews are like, none at all. Hopefully someone around here will know...
Hiya, I had a aquick question,

If i was applying for medicine this year (graduate) would I have to have taken the gamsat by now or can i take it at a later stage?
Reply 12
Hey I've also received an interview at Swansea on the 24th of Jan! YAY! I'm just so shocked at receiving an invite that it's taken me a while to get over it and actually start preparing for it! How is everyone's prep going?
Reply 13
I haven't heard anything from Swansea. :frown:
congrats guys! i havent heard anything yet...but i got 52 in gamsat to not expecting an interview :frown:
Original post by rukshunda14
Hiya, I had a aquick question,

If i was applying for medicine this year (graduate) would I have to have taken the gamsat by now or can i take it at a later stage?

If by 'this year' you mean applying in Sept 2012 for 2013 entry, then it's ok, you've got plenty of time. You can sit it in March or Sept.
Has anyone got an interview on the 31st?

I'm wondering do I set off at 6am (4.5hr drive) or stay overnight? Anyone know what the hotels in Swansea are like ie which ones are close and cheap?

I think that there are more invites to come out, they seem to be sending them day by day.
Reply 17
Original post by ivor_the_engine

I'm wondering do I set off at 6am (4.5hr drive) or stay overnight? Anyone know what the hotels in Swansea are like ie which ones are close and cheap?

I think that there are more invites to come out, they seem to be sending them day by day.

I think if I were travelling that distance I may think about hotels mate, I'd be tired after driving/training it all that way! I'm sure there'd be a travellodge or something similar near the city centre, and the uni is about a 15 to 20minute walk from the centre.

I've got friends in uni at swansea so I could ask about if its any help?! :biggrin: I'm in uni at cardiff so think I'm just gonna catch the train up!
Reply 18
Original post by ivor_the_engine
Has anyone got an interview on the 31st?

There is a travelodge a little further into the city on princess way i think. Its literally a 5 min cab ride from the uni. I would avoid the premier inn though in salubrious place, as its located on the the main street for nightlife in swansea, so depending on which day your interview is.. you might not get much sleep!

or depending on your style, this might be the perfect place for pre-interview preparation! :wink:
Cheers for the advice. I was thinking I might be a bit blurry eyed if I drove down and then had to be on form at 17:00, yawning during my interview is something I want to avoid.

The mad thing is that my wife works at de vere and can get discount at the Village in swansea, when she asked for a tarrif for a night it was 'special event price' of £150!!! No idea what the special event is. My interview is a special event but come on!!

Thanks for the offer to find out from friends at Swansea Levelup, I will try the travel lodge first, I'm sure that will be fine.

622873 you are a star, even though it might be tempting have a night out to get to know the nightlife of Swansea, trying to sleep pre interview might be hard enough as it is!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending