The Student Room Group

Ucas 2012 Actuarial Science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smoky188
Deciding between cass actuarial science and banking international finance can anyone persuade me for actuarial

Nobody shall persuade you to study Actuarial Science, cause as we all know Actuarial Science is not really easy, and if you couldn't study that, nobody should ever to persuade you to study something that you're not strong at.

What're your strengths and weaknesses? Knowing these well enough will give you the direction in the end. :smile:
Original post by jagatheesh14
ok i'm not rich.. hahaha.... 1st year it is then... :smile:

haha good luck then! :smile:
Original post by smoky188
It is a hard decision as I'm equally good in maths as i am in the financial side and I do not favour one over the other at the moment.

Actuarial Science is not about maths anyways, it's more about statistics, finance and economics. Just being curious, what exactly are your strengths in financial side? Your descriptions were rather vague and I couldn't interpret the exact information that you're trying to convey.

Perhaps you might want to check out their overall ratings based on the aspects of stress, environment, jobs and so on. From there you might be able to find where your career lies. :smile:

EDIT: why the neg? :s-smilie: this shows how easily people can get annoyed, although I don't see in any way how my post which intended to be informative annoys people.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Application sent. My reference was better than I could've dreamed of, now its just time to wait!
Reply 44
Interview at UEA, and an offer at Heriot-Watt.....gooood weekend for me :biggrin:
Original post by CloClo7
Interview at UEA, and an offer at Heriot-Watt.....gooood weekend for me :biggrin:

Offer from Heriot-Watt! Weeeeeeeee! Actually I've got the email yesterday, didn't check until today. :tongue:
Reply 46
Original post by Nicholasng925
Offer from Heriot-Watt! Weeeeeeeee! Actually I've got the email yesterday, didn't check until today. :tongue:

Thank god for a smartphone, does mean I'm a little obsessive about my phone though. Left it in my boyfriends pocket for a lesson the other day, nearly ripped his jacket getting it from him :rolleyes:
Original post by CloClo7
Thank god for a smartphone, does mean I'm a little obsessive about my phone though. Left it in my boyfriends pocket for a lesson the other day, nearly ripped his jacket getting it from him :rolleyes:

I didn't get anything from my phone!!! :tongue: Congrats by the way! :biggrin:
Reply 48
I didn't get anything from my phone!!! :tongue: Congrats by the way! :biggrin:

Thanks....did you get an offer for MMORSE? What were the conditions? Sort of wish I'd applied for something else rather than southampton, either warwick or manchester :s-smilie:
Original post by CloClo7
Thanks....did you get an offer for MMORSE? What were the conditions? Sort of wish I'd applied for something else rather than southampton, either warwick or manchester :s-smilie:

Yes! Just got it a few hours ago when I was sleeping! *Excited* A*AA with A* in Maths and A in Further Maths. :biggrin:
Reply 50
Yes! Just got it a few hours ago when I was sleeping! *Excited* A*AA with A* in Maths and A in Further Maths. :biggrin:

Wish I had done further maths - it was STEP that put me off applying for Warwick :redface:
when did you guys sent off ur UCAS?? So far i only received offer from Cass, kinda worry now......
Original post by CloClo7
Wish I had done further maths - it was STEP that put me off applying for Warwick :redface:

Ah I see. yeah if I didn't have Further Maths, I probably would have freaked out too! :s-smilie:
Reply 53
Any word from LSE? Or Warwick MMORSE?
Original post by lecom40
Any word from LSE? Or Warwick MMORSE?

I've got an offer from Warwick to read MMORSE yesterday! :biggrin: As for LSE, I don't think they have started the applications processing yet.
Reply 55
I've heard rejections for LSE straight economics have already been done this year :eek: But nothing else.

I know Southampton is giving out offers, and Kent, but not from the maths department. I find it typical that the places I want to go to (UEA and Kent) are out of the three I haven't got offers for. Bring on the 30th and my interview!
Original post by CloClo7
I've heard rejections for LSE straight economics have already been done this year :eek: But nothing else.

I know Southampton is giving out offers, and Kent, but not from the maths department. I find it typical that the places I want to go to (UEA and Kent) are out of the three I haven't got offers for. Bring on the 30th and my interview!

Yeah! LSE Applicant 2012 thread was fulled with worried people just now! Heard about Friday offer/rejection day of LSE, means tomorrow! Hope I will get a good news though, that would be perfect to make my 11/11/11, once-in-a-lifetime day! :biggrin:
Reply 57
Yeah! LSE Applicant 2012 thread was fulled with worried people just now! Heard about Friday offer/rejection day of LSE, means tomorrow! Hope I will get a good news though, that would be perfect to make my 11/11/11, once-in-a-lifetime day! :biggrin:

Good luck.

Got an offer from Kent ten minutes ago, AAA...so very very happy now :biggrin: Only Southampton to hear from now, and tbh I'm not fussed about going there, it was just to get my monies worth :tongue:
Original post by CloClo7
Good luck.

Got an offer from Kent ten minutes ago, AAA...so very very happy now :biggrin: Only Southampton to hear from now, and tbh I'm not fussed about going there, it was just to get my monies worth :tongue:

Thanks CloClo7! Congrats for you offer from Kent! :biggrin: Which university are you going to put as firm and insurance then?
Reply 59
Still no word from LSE or Warwick, so now we wait for next Friday...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending