The Student Room Group

University Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Homerton's captain seemed a bit of a nob lol.
Anybody know which universities are on next week?
Original post by mevidek
Anybody know which universities are on next week?

In an Oxford derby, a team from the Queen's College faces students from Worcester College in a second-round contest, with the winners earning a place in the quarter-finals.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=107961555
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
How are/ have Imperial doing/ done this year?

We weren't in it. I don't think we qualified to get on the show. :s-smilie:

Although, for the 2012 series, I did attend the Uni Challenge tryouts in Imps... pretty tough I gotta say, I didn't get through to the second stage aha :tongue:
Original post by nikita_atikin

We weren't in it. I don't think we qualified to get on the show. :s-smilie:

Although, for the 2012 series, I did attend the Uni Challenge tryouts in Imps... pretty tough I gotta say, I didn't get through to the second stage aha :tongue:

Haha, I was gonna go to that but didn't make it in the end. What was it like?
Haha, I was gonna go to that but didn't make it in the end. What was it like?

Oohh are you a Imperial fresher?? :smile: It was alright actually. A guy at the front asked questions, we answered. But apparently there was a MUCH better one on the Monday just gone and apparently there were buzzers and stuff? Also, Gilead Amit was there apparently :love: (If you watched the previous seasons, you'll know who he is, hot guy from Imperial who was on the Uni Challenge team that everyone lusted after.)

Oohh are you a Imperial fresher?? :smile: It was alright actually. A guy at the front asked questions, we answered. But apparently there was a MUCH better one on the Monday just gone and apparently there were buzzers and stuff? Also, Gilead Amit was there apparently :love: (If you watched the previous seasons, you'll know who he is, hot guy from Imperial who was on the Uni Challenge team that everyone lusted after.)

Yeah I'm a fresher. It appears you're a girl studying computing, that's pretty rare.. Which halls are you in?

Cheers - I want Queen's to win (Stephen Fry)
Yeah I'm a fresher. It appears you're a girl studying computing, that's pretty rare.. Which halls are you in?

SOUTHWELL! You? :smile: My next door neighbours are biochemists actually. Hmm girls in computing are kinda rare... it's okay though coz we have about 30 girls this year which is a fair bit!
does anyone know when Christ Church is playing?
Reply 1070
Someone just sent our team a letter asking us not to drink so much water in the future...
Original post by around
Someone just sent our team a letter asking us not to drink so much water in the future...

Probably Jeremy Paxman :lol:
who is that guy for homerton, studies chemical engineering, sits on the far right. has aspergers or something. he was a real dick a few matches ago, with the carbonic/carbolic fiasco. i want homerton to go out sooooooon, just so i don't have see him on the telly anymore.
Original post by colin4president

who is that guy for homerton, studies chemical engineering, sits on the far right. has aspergers or something. he was a real dick a few matches ago, with the carbonic/carbolic fiasco. i want homerton to go out sooooooon, just so i don't have see him on the telly anymore.

i don't think he has asperger's. besides, homerton are such a brilliant team. they possibly could be the winners! especially euesden :teehee:.
Original post by golddust&lipgloss
i don't think he has asperger's. besides, homerton are such a brilliant team. they possibly could be the winners! especially euesden :teehee:.

well he's got something for sure. either that or he's a bigger idiot than i previously thought.

the rest of their team i do like actually. i like their captain (i saw someone said they didn't...). i was rooting for durham last week, i really liked durham. they looked like a group of young lads having fun, rather than a bunch of socially awkward postgrads who hate each other.

No, he's just probably anxious. It happens to many. Besides, he's really good.
Original post by mevidek
No, he's just probably anxious. It happens to many. Besides, he's really good.

no, really. you can tell by his voice. listen out next time he says "chemical engineering." and the fact that he's really good (which he is) doesn't really harm the theory that he has something, in fact it would often help in a game show like university challenge...
(edited 12 years ago)
no, really. you can tell by his voice. listen out next time he says "chemical engineering." and the fact that he's really good (which he is) doesn't really harm the theory that he has something, in fact it would often help in a game show like university challenge...

No, he is just anxious. There's a really good player on one of the oxbridge teams that has an awful stutter but is really good. It doesn't matter. Homerton's guy hasn't got asperger's, or at least we can't just form that opinion on a few TV appearances.
nooo, but ithink its awesome!!!
Original post by mevidek
No, he is just anxious. There's a really good player on one of the oxbridge teams that has an awful stutter but is really good. It doesn't matter. Homerton's guy hasn't got asperger's, or at least we can't just form that opinion on a few TV appearances.

i would never link a stutter, lisp or something like that to a mental condition, this something else, something in his voice. well... maybe not asperger's. i don't know. i'm no phychaitrist. but i reckon he has most definitely got something - we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

and as for forming an opinion on a few tv appearances... i think it is perfectly acceptable. look at everyone on uni challenge. you would say they're clever, no? i would. i've only seen them a few times on tv. how can i say that? because it's obvious.

refusing to make snap judgements is admirable, but also naive and unpragmatic.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply