The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Who has offers/interviews from York yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rainbow drops
Well, yeah, but by that token, if you're that passionate about it then surely you'd have taken the basic step of researching the course first? Even I know that language degrees at York involve loads of linguistics, and I don't even study one. Each to their own though :dontknow:

edit: sorry if I'm sounding harsh... your 'the course totally isn't for me but I really want an offer' thing baffled me a bit!

I didn't say I was passionate about anything though :smile:
I guess so. I just went with the idea that I should pick unis I liked the look of and work hard when I'm there whatever happens. It's more than I prefer learning through lit rather than that I hate linguistics or anything like that.
Ah, don't worry, now you've brought my attention to it, it doesn't sound great! But I still really want an offer :biggrin:
University of York
York
Original post by chinaberry
I didn't say I was passionate about anything though :smile:
I guess so. I just went with the idea that I should pick unis I liked the look of and work hard when I'm there whatever happens. It's more than I prefer learning through lit rather than that I hate linguistics or anything like that.
Ah, don't worry, now you've brought my attention to it, it doesn't sound great! But I still really want an offer :biggrin:

Sorry, misread your other post.

You should be okay anyway, if you've got good grades. I don't think language courses here are all that competitive, are they? University applications have dropped 10% as well, so they'll want people!

Re. this thread: I didn't get my offer (for English) til, like, late February.
Reply 22
Original post by T_x
Has anyone had an offer for History?

YES!! Got it yesterday
Reply 23
Original post by Wilko94
Got an interview from York today, for Maths & Physics though. Submitted 13th Oct.

Did you get it through the post or via Ucas?
Reply 24
Original post by Jippet
Did you get it through the post or via Ucas?

Email. Nothing on UCAS from York.
Reply 25
I got unconditional offer from York Management School in MSc Accounting and Financial Management.

Anyone else applying to Management school???
Reply 26
I've got an interview for York :-)
Reply 27
Original post by Jippet
I've got an interview for York :-)

Nice :smile: Which subject?
Reply 28
Original post by NeonIndian
Nice :smile: Which subject?

Physics. Took them a while to get in touch!
Reply 29
Got an offer for Biochemistry! :smile:
Reply 30
Offer for CS :smile:
Got a letter today for an interview for Maths with Computer Science but had to ask them to arrange something else as I cannot afford to travel up to York and I can't get the time off work, so they are going do a telephone interview instead.
Reply 32
Original post by ExplosiveSam
Got a letter today for an interview for Maths with Computer Science but had to ask them to arrange something else as I cannot afford to travel up to York and I can't get the time off work, so they are going do a telephone interview instead.

How did you arrange that? Just by phone?

I've got the same problem, it's £93 for me to go to Leeds on the train and it's really short notice :l
Original post by Jippet
How did you arrange that? Just by phone?

I've got the same problem, it's £93 for me to go to Leeds on the train and it's really short notice :l

Yeah just phoned the number on the letter and they said it was fine.
Reply 34
Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
I know a couple of people have got offers for English - getting a bit worried because I'd love an offer from York and haven't heard anything other than an acknowledgement yet! :frown:

Does anyone know if you have to interview for English?

I have an interview for English next month, got letter today:smile:
Reply 35
Just got an email saying that York have my UCAS application, there just waiting for my GCSE results from AQA which will take 28 days so I'm expecting to get a reply in about a month, well its all out of my hands now, I soooo hope I get in, all I can do really is keep my fingers crossed:smile:
had an offer for biology, AAB
Reply 37
I've got an economics and finance offer of AAB
Original post by chelecee
I have an interview for English next month, got letter today:smile:

Congratulations! :biggrin: Ugh do they interview everyone? My Oxford interview stressed me out enough as it was, can't be dealing with another! :frown: Hopefully this means I'll find out soon though!
Reply 39
Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
Congratulations! :biggrin: Ugh do they interview everyone? My Oxford interview stressed me out enough as it was, can't be dealing with another! :frown: Hopefully this means I'll find out soon though!

Don't think so I think I'm being interviewed because I'm doing joint honours English and history. I know someone on my course got an offer for another course without interview :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest