The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Interview for Adult Nursing degree UEA

Help

I have a interview Thursday for the Adult Nursing degree at the UEA. I have never attended an interview at a uni ever and am so nervous and feel sick whenever I think about it.

Has anyone had an interview for Nursing there and if so how did it go?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Samanthag2306
Help

I have a interview Thursday for the Adult Nursing degree at the UEA. I have never attended an interview at a uni ever and am so nervous and feel sick whenever I think about it.

Has anyone had an interview for Nursing there and if so how did it go?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello!
I am having an interview at UEA on Thursday (17nov) for nursing place as well. Judging by the interview I had at other uni there is a few things to get through.
I think most of unis have got the same way to make sure that the places have been allocated to the right applicants. At my interview day in another uni there was the following “order of service” lol:
First we had a presentation about the course, and there were opportunities to ask questions. Then we had a numeracy test, 30 minutes (very basic: decimal multiplication, percentage extraction, etc.) and then there was a question for a short essay (30 minutes). My advice: read about modern nursing and have your own opinion about the changes to NHS overall.
Then we had a group interview: this was a rather tense experience, as you have to be pushy to make a point, otherwise you will not be heard.
Then: 30 mins lunch break and after that the applicants were invited to an individual interview: one by one: it is your chance to sell yourself. So be prepared to talk about yourself and “why nursing” without leading questions.
I hope this helps, but as I said this was my experience from another university and this does not mean that UEA adopts the same approach.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
As a mature student (40+), married with children I was not sure what to expect. I have mainly an office background but have been a HCA for the last 18 months and really feel I have found my niche at last. I have been through two interviews as I originally applied for the Learning Disabilities course but due to needing a brain operation I managed to change over to Adult nursing. The session started with an overview and then we had to do a couple of tests which were OK. We then had an individual interview which was used to understand what your draw is to Nursing and to gauge your (my) suitability. I got through the first one and was offered a place then found that I had hydrocephalus and would not be able to start the course last September due to a brain operation! I then had to be interviewed for the adult nursing stream which again I found OK, I felt the the interview was very open and there was a genuine interest in what I had to say. If you have not had the interview yet I would suggest you do not need to worry too much, keep an eye on current issues, be genuine and be yourself!

Unfortunately I can not start until September as I need another operation but at least i will have experience of the sharp end ( literally!). I have a place for September and am looking forward to it. Good luck, Iain
Reply 3
Hey, my name is nana and I have an interview for a Learning Disabilities Nurse at UEA. I just want to know what they asked you when you went to your interview as it would be great help.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest