The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Aston offer today :biggrin: :smile: :colondollar: :biggrin: :smile: :colondollar:

the hard work starts here :rolleyes:
Reply 201
Hey :smile:
I applied to cardiff, manchester, bradford, plymoouth and city for optometry.
I am studying A-Level Maths/furthermaths, biology and AS Physics. (did AS music last year)
I have just been rejected from manchester but i know thats because they dont like the maths and furthermaths as separate A-Levels :frown: i thought i would try them anyway.
I also am going up to bradford on 23rd november.
Anyone heard from cardiff or plymouth?

Hannah
Hello optom 2012 applicants,

I'm a third year optom at ARU, so if anyone's applying and wants to ask any questions about optometry, ARU or both, feel free. Either here (quote me so I know :wink:) or via PM.

Good luck with your applications. :smile:
Reply 203
Original post by I<3Gul
Aston offer today :biggrin: :smile: :colondollar: :biggrin: :smile: :colondollar:

the hard work starts here :rolleyes:

Well Done!! Congrats!

When did you apply?? x
Reply 204
Original post by Jodieeee....
I got an offer from aston today!! Has anyone heard anything yet?

Did you get an email saying they got your application?
Reply 205
Original post by Jodieeee....
Wooh!!!
I got one as well today :biggrin: :biggrin:

Glad someone else is going

Well done!!!

I'll be there :smile:

Has anyone heard from Cardiff yet? (offers wise?)

Original post by Fardip
Hey guys,

I got an Interview at Manchester on December 14th..!! :smile: Anyone else heard from Manchester??? :biggrin:
Original post by Fardip
Well Done!! Congrats!

When did you apply?? x

I applied on the 27th so just like the other poster it took just under three weeks :biggrin: I'm really chuffed tbh because I really didn't think they'd let me in but at least now iv got a chance of staying home (A)
Reply 207
Original post by Fardip
Hey guys,

I got an Interview at Manchester on December 14th..!! :smile: Anyone else heard from Manchester??? :biggrin:

i got one too! partayy :biggrin: will probably end up spazzing out in the interview though
Original post by hpsauce07
Hey :smile:
I applied to cardiff, manchester, bradford, plymoouth and city for optometry.
I am studying A-Level Maths/furthermaths, biology and AS Physics. (did AS music last year)
I have just been rejected from manchester but i know thats because they dont like the maths and furthermaths as separate A-Levels :frown: i thought i would try them anyway.
I also am going up to bradford on 23rd november.
Anyone heard from cardiff or plymouth?

Hannah

That's strange how Manchester would reject seeing how impressive Further Maths is! What are your predicted grades?

I got rejected from Plymouth after less than 2 weeks because I "didn't meet the entry requirements" as I'm predicted B in Physics but I'd need it to be an A (one of my two core science subjects). It's so weird though because Aston and City have both given me offers of AAA and A*AA... so I suppose each do their own.
Okay here's the scenario guys:

Anglia Ruskin - conditional offer (1st choice)
Aston - conditional offer (2nd choice)
City - conditional offer (3rd choice)
Manchester - interview on 14th December
Plymouth - rejection

I really want to firm Anglia Ruskin on Track but it won't let me because I haven't received offers/rejections/withdrawals for all 5 choices (Manchester sent an e-mail but nothing has been changed on Track so currently its decision status is blank by default).

Seeing as Manchester would be my 4th choice, it is over 4 hours away so the journey there and back as well as the day at the uni for the interview would literally take up a like 12 hours+ and cost lots to travel and on a school day near exams, and my heart isn't in the uni.... Do you think I should contact the university to withdraw my application? Do you need to go to the interview to get an offer, or can some people still get an offer without the interview? What should I do???
Original post by TheSownRose
Hello optom 2012 applicants,

I'm a third year optom at ARU, so if anyone's applying and wants to ask any questions about optometry, ARU or both, feel free. Either here (quote me so I know :wink:) or via PM.

Good luck with your applications. :smile:

Hi there! I absolutely ADORE Anglia Ruskin and I'm going to be putting it as my firm choice for Optometry for entry 2012. Would you mind if I ask you a few questions? :biggrin:

- What were you predicted at A-level and in which subjects?
- What did you actually achieve at A-level?
- Did you put AR as your firm choice? If not, what was your firm choice?
- Do many Optometry places at AR go to students in clearing?
- What's the lowest grades you've heard of people doing Optometry at AR getting at A-level?
- For your 1st year did you stay at Peter Taylor House? If so, what are your opinions on staying there?

Thank you so much! I want to go to Anglia Ruskin SO much, every time I even hear the name I'm just like !!!!!!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
unconditional at city !!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by britchick
Okay here's the scenario guys:

Anglia Ruskin - conditional offer (1st choice)
Aston - conditional offer (2nd choice)
City - conditional offer (3rd choice)
Manchester - interview on 14th December
Plymouth - rejection

I really want to firm Anglia Ruskin on Track but it won't let me because I haven't received offers/rejections/withdrawals for all 5 choices (Manchester sent an e-mail but nothing has been changed on Track so currently its decision status is blank by default).

Seeing as Manchester would be my 4th choice, it is over 4 hours away so the journey there and back as well as the day at the uni for the interview would literally take up a like 12 hours+ and cost lots to travel and on a school day near exams, and my heart isn't in the uni.... Do you think I should contact the university to withdraw my application? Do you need to go to the interview to get an offer, or can some people still get an offer without the interview? What should I do???

I doubt that you'll get an offer without interview at manchester.

as it's your fourth choice and not an insurance or firm and you already have the offers from the unis you want, just withdraw. Unless you want that interview experience :biggrin: also you're exams are looming and 12hr treck there and back is pretty long. :L

I would just withdraw :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
I doubt that you'll get an offer without interview at manchester.

as it's your fourth choice and not an insurance or firm and you already have the offers from the unis you want, just withdraw. Unless you want that interview experience :biggrin: also you're exams are looming and 12hr treck there and back is pretty long. :L

I would just withdraw :P

How do I withdraw? What do I say?
How do I withdraw? What do I say?

Email manchester saying you want to withdraw from their uni and give a reason.

Then wait for ucas track to update itself with a rejection from manchester.

Edit:ignore above.

Follow instructions in this thread:
www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1188967
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 215
Haven't checked this thread in a while! but nice to hear that I won't be the only one at that Manchester interview on the 14th :tongue: good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 216
Original post by Salmaa!
i got one too! partayy :biggrin: will probably end up spazzing out in the interview though

LOL watch how there is gonna be some next TSR community before we even go to the interviews.. LOL x
Reply 217

That's strange how Manchester would reject seeing how impressive Further Maths is! What are your predicted grades?

I got rejected from Plymouth after less than 2 weeks because I &quot;didn't meet the entry requirements&quot; as I'm predicted B in Physics but I'd need it to be an A (one of my two core science subjects). It's so weird though because Aston and City have both given me offers of AAA and A*AA... so I suppose each do their own.

I got an A in maths A-Level last year and perdicted A for the furthermaths, i was predicted B for biology but i told my teacher i wouldnt get offers so she changed it to an A (not sure i actually will get an A though got a B last year :/) and A for AS physic.

Thats strange i havnt heard anything from plymouth or city :frown: thats also stange of plymouth if the others have given you offers i would have thought plymouth would be a bit more relaxed as they are a new course, obviously not.

Good luck though! i am just waiting to hear if anywhere actually wants me if not then i will go do maths.
Reply 218
Anyone going to bradford on the 23rd november? i am flying up from southampton going to be a long day! :smile:x
Reply 219
just got an offer from city university,they said i have to get AAB to get in , but why are all u lot saying u need A*AA to get in?

Quick Reply

Latest