The Student Room Group

Joy Division Tattoo Idea?

For a long time I've wanted "Love will tear us apart" tattoo'd on my arm however I've noticed a few people who have the same tattoo. So I was considering getting "FAC 23" tattoo'd instead.

FAC 23 was the Factory Records catalogue number for Love will tear us apart. It's a bit more original, etc. Anyhoo, I was just wondering whether that sounds like a good idea or just completely stupid.

Any thoughts?
Reply 1
Some people will say it's stupid, some people will love the idea. Its your tattoo though. If a couple of people on here say they don't like it & it persuades you not to get it then I'm guessing you don't want it much in the first place, heh.

If it's going to be somewhere visible, prepare for lots of people asking "what does that mean?".
It's quite cryptic so I like it. :wink:
It's different, and that's good. If you like it then get it, you shouldn't care what other people think because it will be on your body and not theirs.
I love that idea. I have 'love will tear us apart' on my wrist and get a lot of people asking me about it. Go for it and good luck.
Reply 5
To be honest, I think it might come across as trying too hard.

Although, that's what I would worry about if I got something like that done. If you couldn't care less about that, then it's all good.
I think it sucks, but its your body.
Original post by michaelhaych
For a long time I've wanted "Love will tear us apart" tattoo'd on my arm however I've noticed a few people who have the same tattoo. So I was considering getting "FAC 23" tattoo'd instead.

FAC 23 was the Factory Records catalogue number for Love will tear us apart. It's a bit more original, etc. Anyhoo, I was just wondering whether that sounds like a good idea or just completely stupid.

Any thoughts?

Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's what it means to you that counts.
Reply 8
I really like the FAC 23 idea. People will ask what it means and you can then tell them all about it! Give it time though, I tend to think for a while about mine. I know when I've got a good idea when I get ridiculously excited at the thought of it. I've judged all mine that way and I don't regret any of them. If you're still unsure, give it a few months and see how you feel then. But don't be put off by people saying they're for life or they're stupid. Get something you can be proud of! The FAC 23 idea seems a lot more personal than the actual lyrics.
Reply 9
I know someone who wanted "Don't stop believing" written on their arm before the song got popular again. Now loads of people have that tattoo. Instead, he got the musical notes from the line tattooed on him. It looks much better, and I always think if he gets bored of the song he can pretend it's something else!
You are gonna have to explain to like every person what it means, so annoying. I have to do with all small 'cryptic'(I guess) tattoos and I always make up stories cus it's so ****ing annoying have to talk about **** all the time. I don't like the idea tbh, I mean pick a different song" Joy Division have loads of better songs then that one!
Reply 11
You might get bored of it, so put in a lot of thinking before you go ahead with it.
Print it out just how you want it but bigger- put it on your wall with it somewhere you can see it from your bed or desk or wherever you spend most time and live with it somewhere you can see it from your bed or desk or wherever you spend for at least a month. Preferably a year but I don't know how patient you are so anyway if you get sick of it during that time or want to take it down or just generally go off it it's not for you- if you still like it it is.
If you like your first idea better, then don't get the second just because it seems more original. The point of getting tattooes really is that you like them, not orginality, because tattooes generally aren't original.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending