The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Yes.

Reply 281
Your application has been processed by UCAS. We will send you a welcome letter and a booklet in the post; they will explain what happens next. Once you have the letter, you can log in to Track at ucas.com to check the progress of your application. Log in with the Personal ID on your welcome letter as this number may have changed since sending your application.

This is what it says when I log into UCAS. Does this mean that UCAS have now sent my application to all of the universities that I'm applying at? Will the unis have it yet?

Plus, how long does it take for the letter and the booklet to come from UCAS? It's only just today been processed I think, as it hadn't been y'day when I checked.

Original post by JakeE10
Your application has been processed by UCAS. We will send you a welcome letter and a booklet in the post; they will explain what happens next. Once you have the letter, you can log in to Track at ucas.com to check the progress of your application. Log in with the Personal ID on your welcome letter as this number may have changed since sending your application.

This is what it says when I log into UCAS. Does this mean that UCAS have now sent my application to all of the universities that I'm applying at? Will the unis have it yet?

Plus, how long does it take for the letter and the booklet to come from UCAS? It's only just today been processed I think, as it hadn't been y'day when I checked.

This is on UCAS Apply I believe.

It means the application has been processed and sent to universities.

You now need to log on Track (use the 'forgot details' links to get correct ID if your current one doesn't work, or wait until Welcome letter) where you'll be able to track your progress.

The welcome letter takes 2-5 days I think?
Reply 283
Original post by logiadoevus
This is on UCAS Apply I believe.

It means the application has been processed and sent to universities.

You now need to log on Track (use the 'forgot details' links to get correct ID if your current one doesn't work, or wait until Welcome letter) where you'll be able to track your progress.

The welcome letter takes 2-5 days I think?

I can log into track now?! without waiting for my booklet and letter?
Original post by JakeE10
I can log into track now?! without waiting for my booklet and letter?

Yes. The numbers are usually the same, but as explained above, you can get your details anyway.
Reply 285
As for your question on how long until Unis reply - some will wait until the deadline, but you can still get it before. Just be patient - Unis have until May to make their offers...
Reply 286
I've only finished my PS a few days ago, and will be sending my application the end of this week. I hope it's not too late, is it? A lot of my friends have received offers from universities I will be applying too.. I hope they're not full. Would anyone mind shedding some light? How many places do universities give out in total?
Original post by Erratic
I've only finished my PS a few days ago, and will be sending my application the end of this week. I hope it's not too late, is it? A lot of my friends have received offers from universities I will be applying too.. I hope they're not full. Would anyone mind shedding some light? How many places do universities give out in total?

No, they won't be full. They have had years of exerience in pacing themselves and the January 15th deadline is here for a reason. It's not possible to give figures for the number of offers made at this stage, but the word is that they tend to over offer to the tune of about 4 or 5 to 1 place.
Reply 288
Original post by Erratic
They're not. As long as you apply by 15 January, you have the same chance of an offer as if you would have had if you had applied by 15 October.
Reply 289
Hey :smile:
The university I started at in September wasn't right for me, and I decided to leave and reapply for September 2012. I left 6 weeks in before any formal assigments were due - I was just wondering if I needed to enter that I was at this uni on the education section of my UCAS form?
Thank you - I'm stressing out over my application, so I'd be really grateful of any replies/advice!
Does anyone have a link that lists everything that was on clearing 2011, so i can see the kinds of courses that were available and where.
Reply 291
Hi guys, I've been invited to 2 interviews in the last 3 weeks and my track hasn't updated accordingley , is this normal?

Thanks
Original post by LiamSP
Hi guys, I've been invited to 2 interviews in the last 3 weeks and my track hasn't updated accordingley , is this normal?

Thanks

I believe that your track does not necessarily say if you have an interview - I think it depends on university. So the invitations you get through mail/e-mail might be all you get and Track would be only updated afterwards with the outcome.
Track does not update interviews; it's nearly always just offers, rejections, etc.
Reply 294
I noticed on TSR that someone had applied to 5 universities via UCAS and used the direct application to St. Andrews. Isn't this not allowed?
Original post by 082349
I noticed on TSR that someone had applied to 5 universities via UCAS and used the direct application to St. Andrews. Isn't this not allowed?

From their website:
Please note that you should only use the Direct Application if you are :-

a) ONLY applying to the University of St Andrews within the UK

b) If you are living in North America and attending school there and would be liable to pay tuition fees at the Overseas rate
Reply 296
Hi there,

Has anyone here been through the process of adjustment? I really mucked up my exams last year (as predicted 4 As and unfortunately didn't get any As) and my predictions now are three Bs. I've applied for Russian Studies, but the lowest grade requirement is ABC (Nottingham), so I don't have an insurance. I'd really, REALLY like to go to Exeter but I think my predictions are too low. I'm hoping to get in through adjustment but I don't really know how it works or how reliable it is... I haven't had any offers/rejections yet. I will only take a gap year if I absolutely have to but I'd really rather just go straight in.

Any help/experience shared much appreciated.
When I receive letters from the university, will they mention my qualifications or the course I am currently studying?
Reply 298
You'll have to go to your local library and see if they have copies of the newspaper
Reply 299
Well it depends what letter is it, doesn't it :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending