The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Riku
Toto, what's your opinion on Raving Rabbids? I miss the whole element of freeing Electoons, fighting space pirates and telling Globox to shut up...
Seriously though, this has raised my respect for you even higher. I just wanted to say thanks for indirectly contributing towards a childhood of awesome platformers :biggrin:
Have you ever considered that your ED may have come from a need to fulfil ever-spiralling ambition? To give yourself a goal when you weren't sure what's next? Because if that's the case, we need you to make some more killer shots for killer games!
Keep fighting, dude, you'll find a way through.

Riku, did you every play spyro as a child? I prefer the early ones by imsomniac, not the new ones.
Reply 2141
Original post by .snowflake.
Riku, did you every play spyro as a child? I prefer the early ones by imsomniac, not the new ones.

Oh these new ones are terrible! The classics are where it's at : ) all 151 eggs on Year of the Dragon (twice-sister got me to do her save file for her. I'm not complaining!)
Have to say that finding all of Gnasty Gnorc's treasure on Spyro 1 proved an impossible task though :cool:
and don't even get me started on Crash Bandicoot :tongue:
have any favourites yourself, Snowflake?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Riku
Oh these new ones are terrible! The classics are where it's at : ) all 151 eggs on Year of the Dragon (twice-sister got me to do her save file for her. I'm not complaining!)
Have to say that finding all of Gnasty Gnorc's treasure on Spyro 1 proved an impossible task though :cool:
and don't even get me started on Crash Bandicoot :tongue:
have any favourites yourself, Snowflake?

Spyro 1 = AWESOME. It appeard so difficult when i was 7, I now, at 18 have the patience to sit and collect EVERY SINGLE GEM and egg as i do each level. The mask thing in Crash Bandicoot scares me. I quite like the sims as well, and the Nazi zombies levels on COD:world at war. I take too much enjoyment out of getting a headshot. :/
Reply 2143
Original post by Riku
Toto, what's your opinion on Raving Rabbids? I miss the whole element of freeing Electoons, fighting space pirates and telling Globox to shut up...
Seriously though, this has raised my respect for you even higher. I just wanted to say thanks for indirectly contributing towards a childhood of awesome platformers :biggrin:
Have you ever considered that your ED may have come from a need to fulfil ever-spiralling ambition? To give yourself a goal when you weren't sure what's next? Because if that's the case, we need you to make some more killer shots for killer games!
Keep fighting, dude, you'll find a way through.

Hahaha, to be fair I'm part of Ubisoft Reflections (the Newcastle Studio) so we don't work on the Rayman titles, but I'm definitely enjoying Rayman's return to grace (have you seen the old-school new game?). The Rabbids kinda took over for a while, and whilst I like them (and the new Kinect game is decent) I prefer the 'Man!

Last game I worked on was Driver: San Francisco that came out in October just there; did you get to play that one?

Thanks for all the high fiverage to my lovely peeps here by the way. XXX
Reply 2144
Spyro 1 = AWESOME. It appeard so difficult when i was 7, I now, at 18 have the patience to sit and collect EVERY SINGLE GEM and egg as i do each level. The mask thing in Crash Bandicoot scares me. I quite like the sims as well, and the Nazi zombies levels on COD:world at war. I take too much enjoyment out of getting a headshot. :/

Be glad you're capable of headshots, I've never got past Stage 10 of Nazi Zombies! Aku Aku is a bit 0_0
Sadly my PS1's long gone and my bro broke our PS2. Alas, no gem and egg grinds for me-unless I get some time on the PlayStation Network :wink:

Original post by TotoMimo
Hahaha, to be fair I'm part of Ubisoft Reflections (the Newcastle Studio) so we don't work on the Rayman titles, but I'm definitely enjoying Rayman's return to grace (have you seen the old-school new game?). The Rabbids kinda took over for a while, and whilst I like them (and the new Kinect game is decent) I prefer the 'Man!

Last game I worked on was Driver: San Francisco that came out in October just there; did you get to play that one?

Thanks for all the high fiverage to my lovely peeps here by the way. XXX

Fair enough man, and no I haven't seen or played either! Again, pretty sucky at driving games in general (not even ones like MarioKart-except CTR, because again I was a bit obsessed about the old bandicoot). My mate's shown me a few though and it looks pretty impressive, so will keep a look-out for that if it makes a breakthrough here : )

Still confused whether I have an ED anymore, disordered thoughts are really an on-and-off thing now, so it seems best for me to just start developing some healthy habits and changing some bad ones.
Original post by Riku
Be glad you're capable of headshots, I've never got past Stage 10 of Nazi Zombies! Aku Aku is a bit 0_0
Sadly my PS1's long gone and my bro broke our PS2. Alas, no gem and egg grinds for me-unless I get some time on the PlayStation Network :wink:

I'm able to play the Spyro PS1 disk on my sisters PS3.... Aha, stage 9 on my own, have got to stage 17 with my sister.
Reply 2146
I'm able to play the Spyro PS1 disk on my sisters PS3.... Aha, stage 9 on my own, have got to stage 17 with my sister.

Sorry, should have said I sold the original discs too back when in some real need of spare dosh-oops! For the love of hindsight in these things...
Original post by Riku
Sorry, should have said I sold the original discs too back when in some real need of spare dosh-oops! For the love of hindsight in these things...

What is this madness?
OMG I think I love Toto even more now! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I accidentally stepped on my PS1 Crash Bandicoot Warped game. I was not pleased! Did any of you guys play Croc? I always used to cry when Croc died because there was a fainting sequence and he was so cute! I wasn't a huge Spryo fan but that's because I was rubbish at it! I'm still searching for a PC version of Abe's Odyssey! That was an amazing game!
Hahaha, absolutely love spiro!

less positive note... this is a bit of a rant and might trigger, I don't know

Spoiler

Might start playing mass effect 2 again as a distraction :P
Original post by Cinamon
Hahaha, absolutely love spiro!

less positive note... this is a bit of a rant and might trigger, I don't know

Spoiler

Might start playing mass effect 2 again as a distraction :P

:hugs: I'm really overusing the hug emote atm, but its because I've nothing to say that will help. I hate the fact your BP'ing again C, cos i know you can just suddenly drop dead if your potassium levels go out of whack. and I like you too much, tbf, that applies to all of you on here. Someones said something to a teacher whos then told our head of year about my friend. Head of year now thinks friend is suicidal and has an ED, well she got asked 'Are you eating properly?' Yet the girl she wants to ask about that is always in the library, so we dont drag her unwillingly up to the Coop to get her to eat SOMETHING. Shes also stopped eating gluten and dairy. If she'd said I'm not allowed to eat it, then i'd assume her doctor has told her not to, but she said to me 'I'm not eating gluten, which suggests shes decided herself not to.
I really need to stop purging guys.

I desperately desperately want to stop. But its like an obsession I just cannot seem to break out of.
I am dropping weight rapidly and the university has taken note, if I lose any more then I may have to do temporary withdrawal from my course.

Its making me so tired. I dont want to do it and yet I still do. Anyone have any coping techniques for resisting it? I have a CBT session today, so hopefully I can discuss this further with her.
:hugs: I'm really overusing the hug emote atm, but its because I've nothing to say that will help. I hate the fact your BP'ing again C, cos i know you can just suddenly drop dead if your potassium levels go out of whack. and I like you too much, tbf, that applies to all of you on here. Someones said something to a teacher whos then told our head of year about my friend. Head of year now thinks friend is suicidal and has an ED, well she got asked 'Are you eating properly?' Yet the girl she wants to ask about that is always in the library, so we dont drag her unwillingly up to the Coop to get her to eat SOMETHING. Shes also stopped eating gluten and dairy. If she'd said I'm not allowed to eat it, then i'd assume her doctor has told her not to, but she said to me 'I'm not eating gluten, which suggests shes decided herself not to.

:hugs: Can't P these days - too many people around allllll the time. =/

:hugs:
Original post by Cinamon
:hugs: Can't P these days - too many people around allllll the time. =/

:hugs:

atleast i know you're not going to suddenly keel over soon then.
How is it even in an INTERNET FORUM I STILL feel like the nerd.

I still likes me pokemons. ;P

Well, tonight was like the epitome of facing fear foods.

A wheel o' Camembert.

Me and my ma ate half a wheel each, with bread and veggies! (Homebaked bread, of course. I could honestly make a blog about my bread baking.)
Original post by Antiaris
How is it even in an INTERNET FORUM I STILL feel like the nerd.

I still likes me pokemons. ;P

Well, tonight was like the epitome of facing fear foods.

A wheel o' Camembert.

Me and my ma ate half a wheel each, with bread and veggies! (Homebaked bread, of course. I could honestly make a blog about my bread baking.)

Not keen on camembert. but home made bread. I am jelly. Naan breads are the devils work when microwaved, they are like eating rubber.
Try making naan, 'tis good and easy stuff! Mix salt, flour and yogurt, leave to rest, brush with melted butter, ram into a BOILING hot oven (gas mark 8/9!) for 12 minutes. Voila!

So tender and fluffy, you would not believe.
Hi everyone,

My friend told me she was anorexic this morning. I've suspected it for awhile, so I'm glad we could finally talk about it together. She's been suffering with it since she was 14, so she already has lots of doctors appointments, parents support, counselling etc. but is there anything that I could do as a friend to help her? Or anything that I shouldn't be doing? Obviously this doesn't change our friendship in anyway, or the how I think about her, but I would like to help if I can.
Original post by tabbycat1
Hi everyone,

My friend told me she was anorexic this morning. I've suspected it for awhile, so I'm glad we could finally talk about it together. She's been suffering with it since she was 14, so she already has lots of doctors appointments, parents support, counselling etc. but is there anything that I could do as a friend to help her? Or anything that I shouldn't be doing? Obviously this doesn't change our friendship in anyway, or the how I think about her, but I would like to help if I can.

I expect the best advice would be to ask her what you can do to help her. It's different for everyone, and she might find certain things difficult or stressful to do/talk about, while other people wouldn't feel that way. :dontknow: The fact she has told you shows she clearly trusts you deeply, and so you should be able to trust *her* to tell you what you can do for her. :redface:
Reply 2159
I'm so confused. I don't think my healthy diet/healthy weight-gain is really much more than relapse. I don't know whether I have an ED ffs! I don't know what I'm scared of. I do know that I nearly got checked out of the house today for making a fuss about having an omelette for tea after having had peanut butter sarnies for lunch thus going over the 30% RDA "fat limit" which scares me a bit. I also know I'm close to giving Mum a heart attack over all of this, even though I thought I was improving a bit.
I don't get it. I think I'm destined not to be in good shape and have a sharp mind, get good grades and whatever, because it'll always become obsessive and self-infatuated and incredibly hurtful for those I love even if not myself. It's stupid because I started all this for them when piggy Tom wasn't really bringing anything to the table.

Quick Reply

Latest