The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Liberal Arts

Anyone else applied or been given an offer? I haven't seen any mention of it at all on TSR.
Reply 1
You're right about it hardly being mentioned - it seems that no-one (on here) has applied for the course. Are you going for it? I applied and got an offer of A*AA :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ego sum
You're right about it hardly being mentioned - it seems that no-one (on here) has applied for the course. Are you going for it? I applied and got an offer of A*AA :smile:

Yeah, I also got an offer of A*AA. It looks like a really interesting course so I'm surprised that very little was made of it on here.
Reply 3
are you going to take up your offer. I'm undecided between liberal arts at KCL, Arts and Sciences and UCL and History at Cambrifge (if they make me an offer).
Reply 4
Original post by ego sum
are you going to take up your offer. I'm undecided between liberal arts at KCL, Arts and Sciences and UCL and History at Cambrifge (if they make me an offer).

I'm not sure yet bruv, from the offers I got so far it's KCL as my firm and Notts as my insurance but if I get an offer from Oxford then that will become my firm. If I don't then I dunno if I'd rather go UCL or KCL, I don't want to go LSE really. I'd really like to go to Nottingham as well actually cause it looks like all my guys are going so I dunno tbh. It does look really good though, plus the semester abroad is a big factor for me cause I'd love to study abroad for a bit.
Reply 5
Congrats to the both of you!
When did you send off your applications, and when did you hear from them?
Reply 6
Original post by kokosrsly
Congrats to the both of you!
When did you send off your applications, and when did you hear from them?

Sent it off October 15th or whenever the Oxbridge deadline was, heard back a week or two ago but it only showed up on track today
Reply 7
Original post by JCC-MGS
Sent it off October 15th or whenever the Oxbridge deadline was, heard back a week or two ago but it only showed up on track today

awesome! got an offer last friday, so pretty chuffed about that :biggrin:
Reply 8
THIS IS SO ANNOYING. I have been looking for a degree like this for soooo long, and only just heard about it, after I had applied for English Lit and Language at Kings. I dropped out of my old University because I felt too restricted and couldn't explore different disciplines. I had no idea it was running in 2012. RANT RANT RANT.

Okay. So that's over....do you think they could let me transfer? It's a new degree so I hope they want more people to study it!
Original post by fatP!E
THIS IS SO ANNOYING. I have been looking for a degree like this for soooo long, and only just heard about it, after I had applied for English Lit and Language at Kings. I dropped out of my old University because I felt too restricted and couldn't explore different disciplines. I had no idea it was running in 2012. RANT RANT RANT.

Okay. So that's over....do you think they could let me transfer? It's a new degree so I hope they want more people to study it!

They have allowed people in the Applicants thread to apply for a transfer upon request. :smile: You need only write the second personal statement. Email them!
Original post by fatP!E

I'm in exactly the same situation. I really wanted something like politics and philosophy combined (including ancient greek philo and classical civilisation) but couldn't find anything, so opted for International Politics. I hope they'll let me transfer...
Reply 11
This happened to me last year too. I had applied to uni for 2011, and then UCL goes and releases the Arts and Sciences programme!

Does anyone know if the modules in the first year are all the same for everyone? Or do we just have that one core module about London, and then we pick modules say...for our major, that other first years are doing if they're on the single hons degree? Or do we have 'special' modules for our major?
Original post by fatP!E
This happened to me last year too. I had applied to uni for 2011, and then UCL goes and releases the Arts and Sciences programme!

Does anyone know if the modules in the first year are all the same for everyone? Or do we just have that one core module about London, and then we pick modules say...for our major, that other first years are doing if they're on the single hons degree? Or do we have 'special' modules for our major?

We'll take the London one, our language one and then one for each potential major, which is usually also required for people doing that subject as a single Honours programme.

For instance, Writing London, required in first year for the English major, is required in first year for students on 'English Language & Literature'.
Reply 13
Who's going on the visiting day tomorrow?
Reply 14
Original post by JCC-MGS
Who's going on the visiting day tomorrow?

I went!
Reply 15
Original post by kokosrsly
I went!

Lol I didn't go in the end cause the train prices took the piss, was it good?
Reply 16
Original post by JCC-MGS
Lol I didn't go in the end cause the train prices took the piss, was it good?

Ouch! Yeah, it was quite good a lot of information to take in, but it was good haha

Quick Reply

Latest