The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The Official Glasgow Applicants 2012 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by alysunshine
Neuroscience and Biochemistry :smile:
I still haven't recieved an aknowledgement and I sent away my application the same day as you. Oh dear...

Ah but your subjexct choice is at least 1000 times harder than mine, that might be why :tongue:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 201
Got an ABB offer from Glasgow for Philosophy about a week ago :biggrin:
Reply 202
University of Glasgow- Philosophy- Conditional offer made ABB :biggrin:
Original post by annika94
University of Glasgow- Philosophy- Conditional offer made ABB :biggrin:

hey Im applying to Glasgow for Philosophy as well. :-)

Great that you already got a conditional offer! ..I so hope to get in.

My other choices are Bristol, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee.
Reply 204
Applying to Glasgow for History and TRheatre Studies---just so you know there is an 'official' one- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34983831
Reply 205
English Literature - Conditional Offer ABB :biggrin:
Classical Civilisation and Film/TV production, conditional ABB.
This was my third choice and I was sure I didn't really want to go there that bad and I was having a debate with myself over whether i preffered Dundee or St Andrews, but I've just been looking at Glasgow properly and it looks really good! If only I could go to ALL the universities :frown:
Original post by MissWinged
If only I could go to ALL the universities :frown:

Don't I get you.
Reply 208
Hi cncll!

I also applied for Earth Science at Glasgow, just sent my application off to UCAS this morning actually. Hope they process it asap. Glasgow would probably be my fav uni, so hope i get an offer. We could be on the same course if I am successful!!
Reply 209
Original post by NHAY86
Hi cncll!

I also applied for Earth Science at Glasgow, just sent my application off to UCAS this morning actually. Hope they process it asap. Glasgow would probably be my fav uni, so hope i get an offer. We could be on the same course if I am successful!!

Fingers crossed (:
Reply 210
Looks like UCAS have processed my application already, which is good.

Where was your first choice? If you don't mind me asking?

Anybody else had an offer from Glasgow yet for Earth Science?
Reply 211
Original post by NHAY86
Looks like UCAS have processed my application already, which is good.

Where was your first choice? If you don't mind me asking?

Anybody else had an offer from Glasgow yet for Earth Science?

My first choice is Aberdeen for Geology & Petroleum Geology (; I guess Glasgow will be left as my insurance.
Reply 212
Thats such a coincidence!

I applied to Aberdeen too, for Geology and Petroleum Geology too!

Not expecting a quick reply from Aberdeen though as I think they often wait until late on until they give out any offers.
I have an ABB offer from Psychology which I am ecstatic about :smile:
I have a bit of a problem though. UCAS has 14th September listed at the start date, but I'm on holiday until the 12th. Is the 14th the start of the actual course or freshers, does anybody know? D:
Those of you who have an unconditional offer, how long do they actually take?

The guy at the open day used the word "instant", does that literally mean straight away or do they take maybe a week?
Reply 215
I don't think there is a difference between waiting for conditional and unconditional offer...
Reply 216
Original post by annagoesbroom
I have an ABB offer from Psychology which I am ecstatic about :smile:
I have a bit of a problem though. UCAS has 14th September listed at the start date, but I'm on holiday until the 12th. Is the 14th the start of the actual course or freshers, does anybody know? D:

thats the start of the actual course :smile:
Reply 217
I applied for a MSc in Strategic Marketing and got a conditional offer. They need an English bachelor certificate. Well, I'm German, so getting it translated costs me 75 GBP. Urgh.

It's weird that I seem to be the only one who applied for the Glasgow Business School. It cannot be so bad :smile:

Looking forward to next September! Wohooo! :bban:
Sociology, unconditional :biggrin:
Applied for Microbiology!, hope I get an offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest