Manchester Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ob.is.a.bit.good
jan 27th at 11:30 :biggrin:

lol
I've got same time and date as you.
We must be in the same group.
Original post by Lxaddison
Is your interview on 2nd December by any chance? Because thats when i have one... though... no one else appears to. January... that's just luxury!!

Nope, it's on the 15th. I do have quite a bit of time, I suppose.
And I haven't seen anybody on TSR with one on the same day as me either, it would be nice to kind of know someone before the interview.
Manchester's my first choice so I really need to do my best at this interview.
Best of luck with your interview!
Let me know how it goes. ^_^
How many people does Manchester interview?
Original post by racer_dude
How many people does Manchester interview?

Last year they interviewed ~900 and gave out about ~600 offers.
Reply 424
It seems that this week they've pretty much filled the interview slots for December and January. Do Manchester send out all the interview invites before Christmas?...because it looks like they won't stop sending anytime soon!
Reply 425
Original post by Steerforth
Same UKCAT, same interview date. Morning or afternoon?

8:45am :smile:
Original post by superG123
8:45am :smile:

Ah I'm 2.00pm. I guess unless you are very local you will travel up the day before?

Manch are awesome for putting my mind at ease by giving me an interview so far in advance.
All this talk of interviews is scaring me, I really want manchester..
And every night when I see an empty inbox I have to cry myself to sleep..
Why are they doing this to us..
Original post by reaperguy
All this talk of interviews is scaring me, I really want manchester..
And every night when I see an empty inbox I have to cry myself to sleep..
Why are they doing this to us..

lol

and for those of you who think I am being mean, I was in the same position last year. I just had to man up.
Congrats to everyone with interviews - I'm very envious!

Has any of the foundation course applicants heard back yet? I'm getting impatient but I expect they'll deal with us after the standard course applicants...
Original post by feverdream
Congrats to everyone with interviews - I'm very envious!

Has any of the foundation course applicants heard back yet? I'm getting impatient but I expect they'll deal with us after the standard course applicants...

I'm applying to pre-med course aswell, what did you get in your ukcat? I saw on Medicine stalking page someone going for access to medicine has an interview but not too sure if thats the same as foundation/pre-med. I'm hoping we're after, because im so nowhere near ready for an interview!
Reply 431
Original post by jessplease
I'm applying to pre-med course aswell, what did you get in your ukcat? I saw on Medicine stalking page someone going for access to medicine has an interview but not too sure if thats the same as foundation/pre-med. I'm hoping we're after, because im so nowhere near ready for an interview!

It's okay, any interviews given now will be in Feb at the earliest so you have plenty of time to prepare :smile:

Hello there, I got 655 in my UKCAT. I think it should be high enough but could still fail to pass the personal statement part of the selection process. What did you get?

Yeah I think access to medicine is just a course you do before the standard 5 year course (instead of sciencey A levels) so as far as the stalking page knows, none of the foundation people have heard back yet...
Hello there, I got 655 in my UKCAT. I think it should be high enough but could still fail to pass the personal statement part of the selection process. What did you get?

Yeah I think access to medicine is just a course you do before the standard 5 year course (instead of sciencey A levels) so as far as the stalking page knows, none of the foundation people have heard back yet...

I got 650, so pretty similar! Let me know if you hear anything :smile: keep eachother updated aha. Where else have you applied?
I got 650, so pretty similar! Let me know if you hear anything :smile: keep eachother updated aha. Where else have you applied?

Aah cool, well apparently last year the cut-off for the premed year was 607.5, so as long as we get through the early stages we should get an interview! Good luck!

I'm applying to UEA, Dundee and Warwick (I am/will be a grad). What about you?
Reply 435
I've got an interview for the pre-med course on the 7th december at 2:00 pm any advice?
Original post by jonny-h-
I've got an interview for the pre-med course on the 7th december at 2:00 pm any advice?

Congratulations! When did you hear about your interview?
Aah cool, well apparently last year the cut-off for the premed year was 607.5, so as long as we get through the early stages we should get an interview! Good luck!

I'm applying to UEA, Dundee and Warwick (I am/will be a grad). What about you?

Thats true! I'm also applying for UEA and ummm Manchester, Sheffield and cardiff :smile:
My ucas track got updated this morning! got all excited to find that they only changed by entry point to 0! such a kill joy ahah
Reply 438
Quiet on the Manchester thread - people still waiting for interviews?
Reply 439
Have my interview in 4 days! Luckily got the ACEmedicine interview course just before it as well, which will hopefully help. Trying to keep calm but it is easier said then done (plus just posted this on a 2011 thread...oh dear).

I know they have a group evaluation session where they give a problem, but does anyone know if the problem is always ethically related or something else?

Quick Reply