The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stephie.u3
Leeds, Hull-York, Leicester and have got an offer from keele for biomed....youu??

edinburgh, glasgow and dundee. and then my back ups medicinal & biological chemistry at edinburgh :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 61
Has anyone gotten any offers yet? Or do they only make decisions after Jan 15th? (International applicants?)
Reply 62
Original post by Eoghan523
Does any one think im mad, but im from Northern Ireland and i get my fees at £3465 a year at the University of Ulster and Queens, yet im applying to Aberdeen for £9000

is this wise:confused:

maybe you should ask for a scholarship
Reply 63
i'm applying for Anthropology :biggrin:
Reply 64
What course are you applying for? Geology & Petroleum Geology (hoping for this one most), Geography and Geoscience
What Grades do you need? no idea, I'm international
What Grades do you have? doesn't matter for anyone but me I guess
Did you attend the open day? No

Is it really true that very few people apply for Geology nowadays? Can't find any reason...
What course are you applying for? History
What Grades do you need? BBBB
What Grades do you have? ABC
Did you attend the open day? No, as it's my third choice...
Reply 66
What course are you applying for? Politics and IR
What Grades do you have? 9.4 out of 10 in the spanish bachillerato
I couldn't attend the open day:frown:, but it sounds like it is a friendly uni^^
Reply 67
Original post by Jimmy H.
What course are you applying for? Molecular Biology with Industrial Placement
What Grades do you need? Around 5.00 from what I know
What Grades do you have? 5.91, will probably drop to around 5.80 after exams
Did you attend the open day? No, but I have friends who study there and they love it.

Yeeeey! Every thread I check there is no one else applying to the same course :smile: not doing the year in industry but still...

What course are you applying for? Molecular Biology
What Grades do you need? BBB
What Grades do you have? Expected AAB
Did you attend the open day? Haven't been to a single open day for any.. really hoping to if I get an offer. Do they do those 'informal interviews'?
Reply 68
Original post by mezlande
Yeeeey! Every thread I check there is no one else applying to the same course :smile: not doing the year in industry but still...

What course are you applying for? Molecular Biology
What Grades do you need? BBB
What Grades do you have? Expected AAB
Did you attend the open day? Haven't been to a single open day for any.. really hoping to if I get an offer. Do they do those 'informal interviews'?

Oh, hey! I haven't seen any Molecular Biology applicants around here so I'm happy you found me! Is Aberdeen among your top choices?
Reply 69
What course are you applying for? Chemistry
What Grades do you have? Expected AABBC
Did you attend the open day? Nope, although my friends went and from the sounds of it, it's amazing

Not my first choice but I'm hoping for an easy conditional (or unconditional magically) to use as my backup choice
Reply 70
Oh, hey! I haven't seen any Molecular Biology applicants around here so I'm happy you found me! Is Aberdeen among your top choices?

Yeah, we seem to be a rarity :smile:
To be honest, I'm really happy with all my choices so I'd be glad to go to any of them. I've also applied for Glasgow (got a conditional), st. Andrews, Dundee and Bath. Aberdeen certainly seems really friendly and a wonderful place to live.
How about you?
Reply 71
Yeah, we seem to be a rarity :smile:
To be honest, I'm really happy with all my choices so I'd be glad to go to any of them. I've also applied for Glasgow (got a conditional), st. Andrews, Dundee and Bath. Aberdeen certainly seems really friendly and a wonderful place to live.
How about you?

Same here really. Bath is my top choice, followed by Glasgow (MB with Biotech there). Aberdeen and Dundee are my insurances, in case I fail my exams spectacularly. Edinburgh is there too but that's just for the sake of a 5th choice really, I don't expect them to give me an offer.
Reply 72
I'm also applying to RGU :biggrin:

What course are you applying for? Architecture
What Grades do you need? I don't know yet, they haven't sent me an offer :s-smilie:
What Grades do you have? I'm Bulgarian, so my grades are not the standard UK grades
Did you attend the open day? No, too far for me :frown:
Reply 73
Same here really. Bath is my top choice, followed by Glasgow (MB with Biotech there). Aberdeen and Dundee are my insurances, in case I fail my exams spectacularly. Edinburgh is there too but that's just for the sake of a 5th choice really, I don't expect them to give me an offer.

Haha that's pritty cool. Yeah, if I get anything from St. Andrews I'll be very surprised. Have you heard back from any of them yet? I know Edinburgh have a habit of leaving it 'til last minute...
Reply 74
Haha that's pritty cool. Yeah, if I get anything from St. Andrews I'll be very surprised. Have you heard back from any of them yet? I know Edinburgh have a habit of leaving it 'til last minute...

St. Andrews is the same. Unless you are a non-EU international.
Reply 75

Actually, I haven't sent my application yet. Had some problems with the reference (teacher agreeing to write it and later saying that she can't anymore) so that held me back. Sending it by the end of this week for sure.
I know people who have invitations from St. Andrews for interviews and sort of an open day thing (?) but no offers yet.
Reply 76
Actually, I haven't sent my application yet. Had some problems with the reference (teacher agreeing to write it and later saying that she can't anymore) so that held me back. Sending it by the end of this week for sure.
I know people who have invitations from St. Andrews for interviews and sort of an open day thing (?) but no offers yet.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1707092&page=29
Few US students already got unconditional offers.
Reply 77
Has anybody had an e mail today from Aberdeen? I had one and it was kinda like a promotional email. Not sure if it was meant to be an acknowledgment email, or whether its jusy because I may well have been simply placed on their generic mailing list after applying to them?

Any thoughts anyone?
Original post by NHAY86
Has anybody had an e mail today from Aberdeen? I had one and it was kinda like a promotional email. Not sure if it was meant to be an acknowledgment email, or whether its jusy because I may well have been simply placed on their generic mailing list after applying to them?

Any thoughts anyone?

Aberdeen will be bombarding you with PR nonsense :smile: You will get an acknowledgement in due course.
Reply 79
Ah right!

Thanks for the heads up anyhow.

Quick Reply

Latest