The Student Room Group

The interview discussion & help thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Claireshort1189
hey!
I have an interview tomorrow for sunderland uni.
Northumbria still havent got back to me yet so dont know what is happening with them.
Has anyone had theirs yet?
How was it?
x

I've had my interviews for these too! Sunderland gave me an offer, still waiting to hear back from Northumbria though! :/ Did you hear back from Sunderland? xx
Claireshort1189
hey!
I have an interview tomorrow for sunderland uni.
Northumbria still havent got back to me yet so dont know what is happening with them.
Has anyone had theirs yet?
How was it?
x

how did the interview go?
have you got a place? :smile:
Reply 42
hi widad,
it was so relaxed on the day, well moreso than I expected anyhow!!
The educational issues part is basically all about inclusion, so just look at articles over the las couple of years regarding govt initiatives to make sure all kids get equal access to education..name a few policies that are in place (are they working?) you only get 30 mins on this so try not to overload, if i were you id look at the different policies each govt has and talk about the uncertainty for education consistency with the hung parliament thing?!!
As for presentations I did mine based on a fact and an opinion age group 7-8.
A lot of people in my group focused on age group 4-5,a pretty easy topic you could maybe do would be to do number sequences for 5 year olds, maybe print out a big poster with a snake the whole way up missing out a number at a time, use a number line at the bottom and get the group to help you fill in the missing numbers up to 20 or something like that? get ideas on the bbc education website!
Dont panic about group interviews, everyone actually seemed pretty nervous in mine but we all gave each other the chance to talk etc!!

Anymore help please ask, good luck!!
Reply 43
Thanks so much, thats actually made me feel a bit more relaxed.
Fingers crossed!!
Congrats on getting in by the way!!
Widad x
Reply 44
What have you been looking at?
I have mainly been looking at inclusion as people have suggested- Im SO nervous!!
Good luck for tomorrow.
Widad
Reply 45
Hi Widad
I also have a interview tmrw on the 26th. Hope your prep is going well. I have been reading the posts and they have been really helpful, thank you everyone.
Reply 46
hey

I have interview this week! wondering do you have to do the 5min presentation in front of the whole group or just the interviewers?
Reply 47
Hi,

Thanks for the tips! I also have an interview this week, and am very nervous! I just wanted to ask - did everyone have the same question on 'inclusion' for their unseen written article question?

I'm also worried about my presentation - still not sure what to do it on!!:-s

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Hello,

Hope all the people with recent interviews felt that it went ok? I applied to LSBU a few weeks ago and think I may have missed the boat for this year...

How long did it take for you to hear whether you had an interview?

Charlie

x
Reply 49
I am quiet nervous my interview is this coming Thursday!!! And my parents house was on fire few months ago and I lost all my GCSE cert and my Degree TOO!!!!! I only got confirmation for the interview yesterday and now I am panicing!! I cant get hold of my school to get my GCSE's and the uni cant send me a stamped letter confirming my degree!!! I am thinking maybe I shouldnt even turn up now :frown: :s-smilie: :sadnod:
Reply 50
Omg yeah the 5th August on the shortlist!!!! SO SO SO NERVOUS!!! I managed to get a letter from university but my school is closed!!! I am going to have to speak to admissions and see!!! Fingers X it should be okay... I am just worrying about the unseen article that we have to write about?!
Reply 51
Mine too! I have my interview on 5th August for the waiting list, is that the same as you?

Maybe email the university explaining the problem about the certificates, you can get copies of them (for a charge I think) so you could show them the certificates before you register!?

x
Reply 52
Hi. I am currently waiting to hear whether I have an interview for primary pgce starting sept 2012. Anyone know when I am likely to hear from Hope?:smile:
Reply 53
Got mine through track today, did you?! :smile:
Reply 54
If you need any info about the interview day, check out this link
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1835265
But its a really relaxed day!
Hello! :smile: Has anyone got an interview at Liverpool Hope on 30th Nov for secondary teaching Geography?

If so, what have you picked for your presentation? I'm so nervous about the interview, but excited at the same time!! :confused:
Hello,

Today I had my interview for a place on the University of Southampton's Primary PGCE course. Prior to my interview, I couldn't find any information on these forums about the interview itself so I thought I'd post now for those who will be having their interview in the future and hopefully try to settle some nerves!

Ok, so the interview begins with the group of about 20 applicants in one room being led through a brief presentation about the course from one of the interviewers. The big group is then broken down into smaller groups and these are the groups that you will do your presentations in.

You'll then be taken to separate rooms by one or two of the interviewers and will one by one do your presentations. At the end of the presentations there will be 10 minutes for your small group to discuss the topics of the presentations.

After this, you will return to the first room with everybody where there will be 3 tasks to complete. The first is a short maths test. It is only 3 pages of A4 and contains around 20 short questions. I suggest using BBC GCSE Bitesize to revise as everything in the test is on there. Don't worry about Algebra though.

There is then a spelling task where you are given a sheet of spellings, if the spellings are correct then you write them out as they are, but if they are incorrect then you write them out correctly! Some of them are REALLY tricky, but I can't really recall many of them! Sorry!

The final task is to write around a page's worth of text about how you would inspire your class to be good learners. Pretty straightforward! You get as much time as you need and there is nobody supervising the room while you do them so there really isn't that much pressure in this bit!

Whilst these tasks are being completed, the interviewers call everyone individually for their interview. I'm sure that the questions asked vary, but I'll tell you all the ones that I got asked:

1. Why did you choose the topic you did for your presentation?
2. Give us an example of inspired teaching that you have witnessed.
3. Give us an example of a time when you have been flexible in the classroom.
4. Here is a scenario. You are just about to start morning class and everybody is sat down ready to start work. An angry parent comes to the door and asks to speak to you. What would you do?
5. The role of the teacher is a vast one. What roles do you see teachers doing outside of the classroom?
6. The PGCE is a very intense and heavy course. Do you think you're cut out for it?

Once you have completed the interview and the paper tasks you are free to leave!

I hope this has helped some of you guys and if you have any further questions then please feel free to ask!

Cheers!
Reply 57
HELP!
I have an interview tomorrow at Portsmouth Scitt.
I'm really worried about the tests and the fact we have discussion topics. Anyone in the same boat/has done it and can give advice
Reply 58
Hi

I've got interview for primary PGCE very soon and basically one of the question that they would be asking me is why I want to become a primary school teacher? I can easily answer this question, however, on my application forms that I’ve received today, it says that in order to answer this question you must bring along a small item / artefact to illustrate your response to our first question. Am really confused, what am I suppose to take with me in order to answer the question.
Am really confused, please can someone help me out.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad:

Thank you
Reply 59
Hi

I've got interview for primary PGCE very soon and basically one of the question that they would be asking me is why I want to become a primary school teacher? I can easily answer this question, however, on my application forms that I’ve received today, it says that in order to answer this question you must bring along a small item / artefact to illustrate your response to our first question. Am really confused, what am I suppose to take with me in order to answer the question.
Am really confused, please can someone help me out.

:confused::confused::mad::mad:
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending