Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside Applicants 2012

hi,
I couldn't find a thread for teesside uni, thought i will make one.:smile:
anyone applying there or got an offer?
I have applied for biological science.

Scroll to see replies

Hello! I have been searching these forums for weeks now looking for Teesside threads.

I am so glad you started this!

College mates are all starting to receive offers for various courses at various Uni's but I have yet to receive an offer. All mine are forensic science related. 2 at Teesside (first choice!) 2 at UCLAN and 1 at Staffordshire, not had anything through other than an acknowledgement letter from UCLAN.

Its reassuring to know there are others that have yet to hear anything from Teeside :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Just received via UCAS 2 invitations (to interview) for Teesside.........Hooooray.:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by white_zinfandel
Just received via UCAS 2 invitations (to interview) for Teesside.........Hooooray.:biggrin:

Well done!!!
Me too, I got one for biological sciences.:smile: I have also to staffordshire but haven't heard anything back yet.
How do u prepare for the interview?
Well done you too!! I have not heard from Staffordshire either yet, but TBH it is my last choice, I didn't much like it at the open day, but I loved everything about Teesside.

Interview? not sure really. I will just make sure I am clear about everything on my personal statement, but it was all 100% truth anyway, so I should not slip up there, and also be clear why I want to do the course.

Good luck! I am sure it will just be a formality.
(edited 12 years ago)
OMFG just got a conditional offer from Teesside... which i'm definitely going to meet :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by caycemarieeh.
OMFG just got a conditional offer from Teesside... which i'm definitely going to meet :biggrin:

wat course is it? i assumed they interviewed every1.
not the slightest idea on the interview bit... didn't ask me to come in for one :s-smilie: and i've applied for crime and investigation :smile:
Reply 8
not the slightest idea on the interview bit... didn't ask me to come in for one :s-smilie: and i've applied for crime and investigation :smile:

U lucky thing!!!
Well done!!!!:smile:
thank you :smile:
ahhhhhh! i got an invitation for an interview in january, has anyone else got one? there's no details given so i don't know if it's an actual interview or an open day or what :P and i don't know what i need to take etc. (I'm applying for Graphic Design :smile: )

Excellent, very well done.

I had a quick look at the entry criteria and crime and investigation did not mention being invited to interview so I guess you are indeed lucky. I have to admit I was a bit troubled when I first read you just got an offer without one and I had to go through one for each course I had applied for. :frown:

Anyway, I guess it must just depend upon the entry criteria for that course.
Original post by bethmarydowd
ahhhhhh! i got an invitation for an interview in january, has anyone else got one? there's no details given so i don't know if it's an actual interview or an open day or what :P and i don't know what i need to take etc. (I'm applying for Graphic Design :smile: )

Mine had no details in UCAS either, and both my interviews were for the same time so I called Admissions for the courses.

They confirmed it was a joint interview since the courses are run by the same unit and that letters giving all the particulars would be going out on Friday (tomorrow).

I would imagine if you accept the invites you will get a letter to follow confirming what you need to bring/do.
Mine had no details in UCAS either, and both my interviews were for the same time so I called Admissions for the courses.

They confirmed it was a joint interview since the courses are run by the same unit and that letters giving all the particulars would be going out on Friday (tomorrow).

I would imagine if you accept the invites you will get a letter to follow confirming what you need to bring/do.

thank you!! :smile: i'll hold out for a letter and then ring them in a few weeks if nothing shows :smile: i was so excited to have an invitation i just accepted without looking into it aha :biggrin:
Reply 14

This is going to sound really stupid, but u knw whn u said joint interview, does that mean an interview just for u but for two different courses or as in all the people who applied to same course will be interviewed?
Its just that someone here on tsr has got the same interview time for the same time as me and i was wondering y it was.
hope i made sense.:smile:
Wat was the fone no that u called to?
thx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
I got offered an interview as well, I've applied for chemical engineering.
I've had to request a change of date though, 18th January when I've got 6 exams between the 20th and 30th of January is really not ideal when it's going to take me 8 hours to get up there.
Hopefully they can fit me in after exams or earlier on :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by Toshiya
I got offered an interview as well, I've applied for chemical engineering.
I've had to request a change of date though, 18th January when I've got 6 exams between the 20th and 30th of January is really not ideal when it's going to take me 8 hours to get up there.
Hopefully they can fit me in after exams or earlier on :s-smilie:

oh my god!!!
i am sure they will fit u around my frnd had the same problem so they offered her another day.
so u really want to go to teesside?
Reply 17
Original post by anna11
oh my god!!!
i am sure they will fit u around my frnd had the same problem so they offered her another day.
so u really want to go to teesside?

Well, I want to put it as my insurance really, all the other unis I've applied to want AAB so I really want the offer from Teesside in case I don't quite get AAB.
It's just so far away D: I emailed them asking if I could have another date not so close to my exams, hopefully they'll get back to me soon.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by anna11
This is going to sound really stupid, but u knw whn u said joint interview, does that mean an interview just for u but for two different courses or as in all the people who applied to same course will be interviewed?
Its just that someone here on tsr has got the same interview time for the same time as me and i was wondering y it was.
hope i made sense.:smile:
Wat was the fone no that u called to?
thx

I applied for Forensic Science and Crime Scene Science. Both invitations were for the same time. The Admissions team said mine was a joint interview, so I assumed that to be for both courses at the same time. Saying that though, the Entry Requirements for both courses read:

To enter Year 1, you're normally invited for an interview, when you can also see our excellent facilities and meet staff and students. It means we can consider applicants with a wide range of qualifications.

So it could be, that everyone comes at the same time and the interview is less formal.

I don't have the letter yet, so I will update again when I know a bit more :confused:
[QUOTE=anna11;35055172Wat was the fone no that u called to?
thx

Have a look at the link here:

http://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/about/contacts_general.cfm

I actually called the school of social sciences and law, because I had read somewhere my courses came under that, but then they put me through to the school of science and engineering :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest