The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Master of Nursing Science at Nottingham anyone?

Just wondered if anyone had applied for MNSci, and if they were attending the visit day on the 23rd of November? Has anyone been before, what should I expect? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, i got in last year so happy to answer questions. More than likely you will get a tour of the university and the medical school. Ask as many questions as you want. You will then be told a little more about the course and the NHS bursary. You will then be put into groups and speak to members of the department, if i were you i would ask all the questions you have. You will then have to write about why you want to do whichever branch you want to do and why you want to do it, show off is my advice for that
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey im going to the MNSc open day 7th december just wonderin if there is some sort of dress code ?? its my first interview/visit of any kind so not really sure whats the norm would be grateful for any advice :smile:
Reply 3
Hey i've got an open day for MNsci in february! seems ages away :/ I was thinking it would be like smart ish clothes-let me know how your day goes though, good luck :smile:
Original post by 5jross
Hey i've got an open day for MNsci in february! seems ages away :/ I was thinking it would be like smart ish clothes-let me know how your day goes though, good luck :smile:

I've been invited to visit on the 15th February :smile:.
I'm probably going to wear smart trousers and a smart-ish shirt/top that's not too formal or too casual so I feel comfortable.
I'm so exicted! Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by BeccaAnne94
I've been invited to visit on the 15th February :smile:.
I'm probably going to wear smart trousers and a smart-ish shirt/top that's not too formal or too casual so I feel comfortable.
I'm so exicted! Good luck everyone :smile:

Ah mines the 15th too! I'll see you there :smile: and yeh same, was going to either to shirt and trousers or a plainish black dress xx
Oooooh yey :smile:. I don't feel alone now lol. See you there :smile:
Reply 7
I wore black trousers and a flowery top, so wasn't too smart really, some people were in suit jackets etc :smile: I got my conditional offer for the course yesterday :biggrin: Good luck everyone! xx
Well done! :smile:
I bought some black trousers, a black cardigan and a royal blue chiffon top yesterday to wear to my interviews. I hope it wont be too cold on the day :smile:.
Is it your first choice?
Reply 9
Thankyou - was so excited, couldn't believe it :') Sounds nice! Haha, I hope its not too bad when you go, or the campus tour will be so miserable! Yeah it is, confirmed it as my firm choice :smile: What about you? Where else have you applied? :smile:
Practical shoes will be a must :smile:.
It's my favourite course at the moment so it will be my first choice if they want me :smile:. I've applied for the child nursing at Nottingham too, then child nursing at Cardiff, Manchester and Keele. I have been invited for assessment at Cardiff and Interview at Manchester :smile:. Where else did you apply to?
Reply 11
Haha yes definately key, its a bit hilly :P Ah well done, sounds good! I applied to Hull, Leeds, York and Sheffield Hallam. Unsuccessful for Sheffield and York, and withdrew from Hull and Leeds, I don't want to go anywhere else; If I don't get the grades I'll resit a year and reapply - probably a stupid idea haha :P Have you been on any open days? x
I think I can forgive the hills because it's so pretty <3
Awww that's a shame but at least you have Nottingham :smile:, that might work, you can do anything if you're determined :smile:.
I attended the open days for Manchester and Keele in the summer then went to the visit day at Nottingham and a Nursing and Midwifery day at Cardiff during autumn half term (after my application was already sent because of the school deadline :/ ). Luckily I've fallen in love with Nottingham, I can't imagine going anywhere else but I have to show enthusiasm for the other uni's just encase Nottingham wont have me but if applying for the Masters fails I hope that I'll be given an offer for the child nursing there instead :smile:.
Which branch are you interested in?
Reply 13
Original post by katie_anne
I wore black trousers and a flowery top, so wasn't too smart really, some people were in suit jackets etc :smile: I got my conditional offer for the course yesterday :biggrin: Good luck everyone! xx

Wow well done! you must be so happy :smile: I can't wait for feb now... What was the actual interview bit like? xx
Reply 14
It's so lovely isn't it! I hope so, just got to work hard :biggrin: Sounds good! I'm sure you'll get in if you're so determined! :smile: I'm child branch too, I want to work in neo-natal units when I graduate :smile: What about you? x
Reply 15
Original post by 5jross
Wow well done! you must be so happy :smile: I can't wait for feb now... What was the actual interview bit like? xx

Thankyou, I was ecstatic! :P I'm sure you'll love it, and there isn't an actual interview, or a 'group activity'. There was talks in the morning, campus tour, then you talk to some staff, then write your statement saying which branch :smile: Where else have you applied? xx
It's so lovely isn't it! I hope so, just got to work hard :biggrin: Sounds good! I'm sure you'll get in if you're so determined! :smile: I'm child branch too, I want to work in neo-natal units when I graduate :smile: What about you? x

You're the first person I've spoken to who wants to do the child branch, two of my friends are applying for the adult branches because they say it's more varied, but I enjoy working with children more although a lot of people say I must be really cold hearted to want to work on cases where a child may have a terminal illness, but I think it's more rewarding to make them comfortable and help them to enjoy what childhood they have whilst caring for them. Yes it will upset me if I do care for terminally ill children but I'm not going to let it affect my work and I'll do what I can for them :smile:.
I'm torn between paediatric nursing and neo-natal at the moment, I'm hoping that through experience on the course I will be able to decide :smile:.
Reply 17
Thankyou, I was ecstatic! :P I'm sure you'll love it, and there isn't an actual interview, or a 'group activity'. There was talks in the morning, campus tour, then you talk to some staff, then write your statement saying which branch :smile: Where else have you applied? xx

Oh that sounds good :smile: and ive applied to do adult nursing degree and masters at Nottingham, then degrees at Keele, Birmingham and DMU :smile: first interview next wednesday for DMU-eeeeek! xx
Reply 18
Original post by BeccaAnne94
You're the first person I've spoken to who wants to do the child branch, two of my friends are applying for the adult branches because they say it's more varied, but I enjoy working with children more although a lot of people say I must be really cold hearted to want to work on cases where a child may have a terminal illness, but I think it's more rewarding to make them comfortable and help them to enjoy what childhood they have whilst caring for them. Yes it will upset me if I do care for terminally ill children but I'm not going to let it affect my work and I'll do what I can for them :smile:.
I'm torn between paediatric nursing and neo-natal at the moment, I'm hoping that through experience on the course I will be able to decide :smile:.

I'm really suprised, I thought everyone would want to do child branch, but when I was there on the day there was only a few, everyone else was adult branch! They said child branch was really oversubscribed though, so it must be the most popular overall. I agree! And they're so strong as well, they just keep smiling; I can't imagine anything more rewarding x
Reply 19
Original post by 5jross
Oh that sounds good :smile: and ive applied to do adult nursing degree and masters at Nottingham, then degrees at Keele, Birmingham and DMU :smile: first interview next wednesday for DMU-eeeeek! xx

Ooh exciting! Good luck with them all! :biggrin: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending