how is the actually uni?
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by .Missy
how is the actually uni?

Hey,
I've really enjoyed my time here so far, in 3rd year now. I think it's a nice place and all the staff I have encountered have been knowledgeable and supportive.
What course are you interested in? Was there a particular aspect of the Uni you wanted to know about specifically?
Reply 22
Original post by RUAmbassador
Hey,
I've really enjoyed my time here so far, in 3rd year now. I think it's a nice place and all the staff I have encountered have been knowledgeable and supportive.
What course are you interested in? Was there a particular aspect of the Uni you wanted to know about specifically?

hi :smile: I want to do psychology.. wanted to know how good it is the psychology. In the league tables it isnt that high. Bt i dnt jus wna judge it on that.
Original post by .Missy
hi :smile: I want to do psychology.. wanted to know how good it is the psychology. In the league tables it isnt that high. Bt i dnt jus wna judge it on that.

Hi,

I don't do Psychology myself but I would definitely order a prospectus online if you haven't got one. The next Open Day is 16th November so it might be worth a visit too if you can get here easily, even if not on an Open Day, just to look around and see for yourself. I have seen some of the Psychology laboratories and they look pretty impressive.

Roehampton has 4 colleges and Psychology is based on the Whitelands campus, a 10 minute walk from the rest of the Uni. They have their own little community (lecture rooms, accommodation, social area, computer room) but also regularly come to the main campus for the library, Union, gym and events. If you came and preferred the accommodation on the main campus, that's always an option.

Hope this helps!
Reply 24
Hi,

I don't do Psychology myself but I would definitely order a prospectus online if you haven't got one. The next Open Day is 16th November so it might be worth a visit too if you can get here easily, even if not on an Open Day, just to look around and see for yourself. I have seen some of the Psychology laboratories and they look pretty impressive.

Roehampton has 4 colleges and Psychology is based on the Whitelands campus, a 10 minute walk from the rest of the Uni. They have their own little community (lecture rooms, accommodation, social area, computer room) but also regularly come to the main campus for the library, Union, gym and events. If you came and preferred the accommodation on the main campus, that's always an option.

Hope this helps!

Hey :smile:
Thanks alot. It's good hearing it from a students prospective. I just wanted to apply before then so I dunno if I should risk it and apply there
Original post by .Missy
Hey :smile:
Thanks alot. It's good hearing it from a students prospective. I just wanted to apply before then so I dunno if I should risk it and apply there

You're welcome. That's fair enough. You could always come just to look around the campus yourself although you probably wouldn't be able to go into the laboratories and lecture rooms. You can do a self-guided tour: http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/admissions/opendays/tours.html.
If you do visit it might be worth giving Enquiries a ring or email on the off chance that you may be able to speak to a lecturer. Here's the link: http://studentzone.roehampton.ac.uk/studentenquiries/index.html
Good luck with your application!
Reply 26
You're welcome. That's fair enough. You could always come just to look around the campus yourself although you probably wouldn't be able to go into the laboratories and lecture rooms. You can do a self-guided tour: http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/admissions/opendays/tours.html.
If you do visit it might be worth giving Enquiries a ring or email on the off chance that you may be able to speak to a lecturer. Here's the link: http://studentzone.roehampton.ac.uk/studentenquiries/index.html
Good luck with your application!

Thank you :smile: didn't think it was possible to go to a uni without there being a open day
Reply 27
Im going there On the 16th , what Bus do i take to get to southlands college when i get out from barnes station ? is it something like the 72?
Original post by Zarrin
Im going there On the 16th , what Bus do i take to get to southlands college when i get out from barnes station ? is it something like the 72?

Yes, or you can get the 265. It's not far at all on the bus, only a couple of minutes. Get off at Roehampton University Main Entrance.
Has anyone had any offers from Roehampton?
I've applied for Business Management and went to the open day on the 16th
I applied just over a week ago, but still don't have the conformation letter?
Also, whats the student life like?
Original post by kimbradbury
Has anyone had any offers from Roehampton?
I've applied for Business Management and went to the open day on the 16th
I applied just over a week ago, but still don't have the conformation letter?
Also, whats the student life like?

You can check out the RSU website: http://roehamptonstudent.com/ where you can find out what clubs, societies, sports, days out and trips away are on offer. The Uni has acoustic, comedy, quiz and bands nights. There is a weekly 'Bop' on a Friday where everyone gets dressed up and there's a DJ in the Union and adjoining hall until 2am. Places where students like to go in the day or evening include; Kingston, Putney, Richmond, Westfields and Hammersmith which are all within 15 minutes away on the bus. Central London isn't too far, even for a night out as there are night buses or a shared taxi for about £7 each, depending on where you go. It can take as little as 20 minutes to get there.
Hope that answers your question.
Good Luck with your application, I'm, sure you'll receive confirmation soon.
You can check out the RSU website: http://roehamptonstudent.com/ where you can find out what clubs, societies, sports, days out and trips away are on offer. The Uni has acoustic, comedy, quiz and bands nights. There is a weekly 'Bop' on a Friday where everyone gets dressed up and there's a DJ in the Union and adjoining hall until 2am. Places where students like to go in the day or evening include; Kingston, Putney, Richmond, Westfields and Hammersmith which are all within 15 minutes away on the bus. Central London isn't too far, even for a night out as there are night buses or a shared taxi for about £7 each, depending on where you go. It can take as little as 20 minutes to get there.
Hope that answers your question.
Good Luck with your application, I'm, sure you'll receive confirmation soon.

Thank you! That really did help, and yes I wish I get the conformation/offer too! :biggrin:
Original post by Zarrin

Original post by Zarrin
Are you going to Roehampton Uni in 2012 ?
if so what are you planning on studying ? :smile:

I went to Roehampton Uni for my school work experience last year, the site looks good, but it's not exactly the greatest university in the world. Well it depends, what subject are you going to do?
Are there any negative aspects of studying at Roehampton? Any complaints?
Original post by BasedOnmind.
Are there any negative aspects of studying at Roehampton? Any complaints?

The attitudes of some of the students, I don't know why some people bother wasting their time and money. However most of the people are friendly and committed, if you live on campus (at any of the colleges) then you'll find a nice community atmosphere.

Some of the admin can be a bit disorganised at times.

Some would say that there are too few books in the library that they need. That is partly from selfish students stealing them/not bringing them back on time, however the library are going to be buying loads of ebooks and journals in the next year so they're available online, and have launched a thing where students can actually buy them out the library's funds of they come across one they find and want to read. Not sure how it works but it's what I've heard.

There's no tube station in Roehampton which can be annoying! Putney is really close by by bus though.

I guess there will be bad points at any uni.

Overall I loved my experience there :smile:
Just got my offer from Roehampton to do Business Management
Predicted ABC
Reaction: :biggrin:
who's doing photography or film studies or english? Annoying there is no combo for photography and english lit.. :frown:
Reply 37
I love the look of Roehampton, hopefully doing Criminology there. How close is it to the centre of London, close enough that everything costs about 4 times more than the rest of the country, or is it slightly further out?
Original post by torchwood
I have never heard of it!

I will use my internets ... wtf! its 97th according to the guardian 2012 league table :eek:. Cant you go anywhere else, its quite a challenge going to a worse place!

What are you planning to study?

The guardian league table doesn't mean much really.
Original post by joelburr
I love the look of Roehampton, hopefully doing Criminology there. How close is it to the centre of London, close enough that everything costs about 4 times more than the rest of the country, or is it slightly further out?

My best mate did Criminology combined with Photography and loved it.

It's out of central London, but not so far that it's hard to get to (15mins from Barmes station to Waterloo, or a 10min bus ride to Putney where you can get the tube). The catering in the university itself is rather expensive in my opinion, however just don't be lazy and cook your own food :P There's a co op near the Whitelands campus, about 10mins from the main campus, which is the cheapest bet for supplies, or a 24hr Asda a 10min bus away. Pubs and clubs in the surrounding areas (Putney, Kingston, Hammersmith etc) are a lot cheaper than central.
The campus itself is lovely and doesn't feel like London, howeevr you do have to get buses to get anywhere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending