The Student Room Group

Norwegian TERRORIST "shouldn't be tried"

Norwegian terrorist Anders Behring Breivik shouldnt be punished - Official report.
Article in spoiler

Spoiler

Cant help but think that if he was a muslim and had a name of Muhammad Bin Hanif Bin Ghafaar or something, he would've been on the next plane to Guantanamo Bay, without a trial & tortured for treason!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Fascism is a mental illness.
Reply 2
Well, I couldn't comment without reading the 243-page psychiatric report and learning how these things work.
Reply 3
Long as he never sees freedom again I don't care what they do with him.
Reply 4
Of course he shouldn't after all the rest he'll have had while in custody. Oh wait, thought you said tired.

Edit:- It was a joke you miserable buggers who gave the neg rep :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
So if a Muslim terrorist could say that they were having mental issues then they'd have the same treatment? I highly doubt it
Reply 6
Surely you should be rejoicing over the triumph of the modern judicial system.
Reply 7
It is obvious to me that they did this for a few reasons:
1) Now he doesn't have a trial in the full media glare, where he can air his opinions.
2) If he had been prosecuted under normal law, the maximum sentence in Norway is 25-30 years, which clearly would have been unacceptable.
3) He wouldn't be safe, nor would those around him, in a normal prison.

It is nothing to do with him getting special treatment as a white non-Muslim or anything stupid. He might even have a mental health problem for all we know...
Reply 8
Original post by de_monies
So if a Muslim terrorist could say that they were having mental issues then they'd have the same treatment? I highly doubt it

We'll never know because the successful ones almost all commit suicide to claim their 947 virgins or whatever in the afterlife...
Reply 9

I doubt a Muslim terrorist would still be alive, they seem to have a fondness for blowing themselves up aloing with their bombs.
Original post by Dubliner
Well, I couldn't comment without reading the 243-page psychiatric report and learning how these things work.

but u have posted a comment right there^^

so u read all that 243 pages ??:biggrin:
Original post by Elipsis
We'll never know because the successful ones almost all commit suicide to claim their 947 virgins or whatever in the afterlife...

Original post by Steevee
I doubt a Muslim terrorist would still be alive, they seem to have a fondness for blowing themselves up aloing with their bombs.

Quite obviously Im on about those that fail to blow themselves up and get caught. How's a dead person meant to show up in court?
Reply 12
Original post by Aj12
Long as he never sees freedom again I don't care what they do with him.

Agree.
Original post by viffer
Of course he shouldn't after all the rest he'll have had while in custody. Oh wait, thought you said tired.

LOL :rofl:
That genuinely made me laugh :teehee:

Exactly.
Original post by Steevee
Surely you should be rejoicing over the triumph of the modern judicial system.

Any judicial system that lets a terrorist scot free without punishment doesnt deserve to be called a judicial system.
Original post by Steevee

Yet the Irish are still the retards in our jokes.
Reply 14
Original post by zedeneye1
but u have posted a comment right there^^

so u read all that 243 pages ??:biggrin:

Well, comment with a strong opinion.
Original post by ak137
Norwegian terrorist Anders Behring Breivik shouldnt be punished - Official report.
Article in spoiler

Cant help but think that if he was a muslim and had a name of Muhammad Bin Hanif Bin Ghafaar or something, he would've been on the next plane to Guantanamo Bay, without a trial & tortured for treason!

He shouldn't be tried. He should be put up against a wall and shot, no trial, no questions asked.
Reply 16
Original post by mackemforever
He shouldn't be tried. He should be put up against a wall and shot, no trial, no questions asked.

Lol i can feel your pain but thats too easy! Lol
Reply 17
Quite obviously Im on about those that fail to blow themselves up and get caught. How's a dead person meant to show up in court?

Full psych reports are done on these people before trial, especially if they request it. Breivik didn't claim he had mental health problems either, he wanted to stand trial to spread propaganda, so this is almost more punishment. If Breivik was over here or in America he almost certainly would have stood trial, but if you read my post above the post I made to you there are rational reasons for this decision.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wait what?

"He can be released if he is later deemed to be "cured and well"."
From what I have seen, Norwegian criminal systems are not based on punishment. They are based on rehabilitation.

This, to me, seems like the best and most sensible route for Breivik. If he is so severely mentally ill that he can't be rehabilitated, he'll be kept inside somewhere for the rest of his life, and what good would it do to anyone to punish a man who is never going to be free to murder again? If he can be rehabilitated, then he can be rehabilitated, and all well and good - with his severity of crime and craziness (I read a good portion of his manifesto), I doubt he'd be able to get over it though.

Quick Reply

Latest