The Student Room Group

Meteorology / Climate Science Applicants Thread :D 2012 entry (2013 deferred entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sent my ucas off a week ago today (18th) and got my first offer today from UEA :smile:

seems like Reading are taking a while to reply for the Met and Climate course
Reply 21
Original post by samuellanky
im applying to: Reading, UEA, leeds.
havnt got the FOGgiest (please dont kill me for my poor joke !) idea what i was predicted :tongue: i would guess somewhere around AAA :smile:
recieved offers from leeds and UEA and meteorology and mathematics at reading......still waiting to see if they will give me an offer for my preferred reading course :P

Thats great, is youre prefered course the met and climate one? and which uni do you want as your firm?

Original post by ncg1994
Sent my ucas off a week ago today (18th) and got my first offer today from UEA :smile:

seems like Reading are taking a while to reply for the Met and Climate course

Nice, and yeah its a bit frustraiting :P
Original post by theBLOBlizard
Thats great, is youre prefered course the met and climate one? and which uni do you want as your firm?

Yeh, it sure is :smile: i would ideally like reading to be my firm.:colondollar:
hey guys, did u lot get a letter from Reading inviting you to an interview, if so what date ya thinking of going?
Reply 24
hey guys, did u lot get a letter from Reading inviting you to an interview, if so what date ya thinking of going?

I got a letter from Reading yesterday saying they had made me a conditional offer, I think they are only interviewing MMet applicants, still, soo chuffed :biggrin:
I got a letter from Reading yesterday saying they had made me a conditional offer, I think they are only interviewing MMet applicants, still, soo chuffed :biggrin:
congratulations! :smile: yeh ive applied for the mmet, and the bsc, they said if i didnt make it for the mmet they will give me a conditional for the bsc :biggrin:
Reply 26
congratulations! :smile: yeh ive applied for the mmet, and the bsc, they said if i didnt make it for the mmet they will give me a conditional for the bsc :biggrin:

Well Done :smile:
Yeah, I got one as well :biggrin: Not the first one because I've got an exam on that day but I'll probably go for the second one. :biggrin: Exciting :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Tom
Original post by Tommeo
Well Done :smile:
Yeah, I got one as well :biggrin: Not the first one because I've got an exam on that day but I'll probably go for the second one. :biggrin: Exciting :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Tom

Haha same here :biggrin: is ur exam ocr mei maths? I was filling out the reply slip, and got all confused because on the letter it said 10th february and on the reply slip it said the 11th :0 Im guessing that the 10th is the more probable date:biggrin: hopefully see you there best regards sam
Reply 28
Haha same here :biggrin: is ur exam ocr mei maths? I was filling out the reply slip, and got all confused because on the letter it said 10th february and on the reply slip it said the 11th :0 Im guessing that the 10th is the more probable date:biggrin: hopefully see you there best regards sam

No, ours is just OCR maths. Yeah that confused me a little as well :smile:
Should be good, looking forward to it. But as for now... revision :/ have you facebook? add me, Thomas Orton :smile:
Original post by Tommeo
No, ours is just OCR maths. Yeah that confused me a little as well :smile:
Should be good, looking forward to it. But as for now... revision :/ have you facebook? add me, Thomas Orton :smile:

Awesome, i think ive added you....there were a few thomas ortons but i guess you was the one with beer in ur hand??? :tongue: if not add me sam lanckmans....im one of a kind :biggrin:
Reply 30
Hey again, thought i might as well get back involved in this!
Reading have offered me an interview for the MMet too, thinking of going on the 10th Feb :smile: also, leeds have given me a conditional for there masters course, however they haven't offered me an interview yet or sent me a letter, is anyone else in the same position?
Alice :smile:
Reply 31
Awesome, i think ive added you....there were a few thomas ortons but i guess you was the one with beer in ur hand??? :tongue: if not add me sam lanckmans....im one of a kind :biggrin:

Lol, fraid that wasn't me, I'll link you my profile. (I was the one with the 5 small kids cos one of my friends in the picture commited suicide last week so it was a facebook thing everyone was doing) : http://www.facebook.com/ThomasOrton94

Any idea of your firm choice?

Original post by allybear
Hey again, thought i might as well get back involved in this!
Reading have offered me an interview for the MMet too, thinking of going on the 10th Feb :smile: also, leeds have given me a conditional for there masters course, however they haven't offered me an interview yet or sent me a letter, is anyone else in the same position?
Alice :smile:

Hey Alice, yeah, I found that with leads I had the conditional offer and then a couple of days later I got a letter explaining what to do. If you look on your UCAS under the conditional offer from leeds, theres a decision letter and it may say on there what grades you need and if your going to be asked for an interview... hope that helps :smile: I was in the same position as were in and I thought they didn't want to interview me until i stumbled across that. Do you know what your firm is going to be?
Reply 32
Hi guys,
Does anyone know when we choose our firm and insurance choices? Is it after all unis have replied or is there a set date? Also similar question, but about student finance - does anyone know when we can apply? Thanks :smile:
Mike
Original post by Tommeo
Lol, fraid that wasn't me, I'll link you my profile. (I was the one with the 5 small kids cos one of my friends in the picture commited suicide last week so it was a facebook thing everyone was doing) : http://www.facebook.com/ThomasOrton94

Any idea of your firm choice?

sorry to hear about ur friend man :frown: ive added u on facebook :smile: If the interview goes well then ill put the mmet at reading as my first with the bsc in reading as my insurance :biggrin:, how about you???
Hi guys,
Does anyone know when we choose our firm and insurance choices? Is it after all unis have replied or is there a set date? Also similar question, but about student finance - does anyone know when we can apply? Thanks :smile:
Mike

hey mike, yeh its once we have replies from all our unis :smile: from what i can gather early 2012 is when we can start to apply for student finance :biggrin: hope this helps http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/Typesoffinance/DG_171539
Reply 35
hey mike, yeh its once we have replies from all our unis :smile: from what i can gather early 2012 is when we can start to apply for student finance :biggrin: hope this helps http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/Typesoffinance/DG_171539

Cheers sam, was wondering this too :biggrin:

sorry to hear about ur friend man :frown: ive added u on facebook :smile: If the interview goes well then ill put the mmet at reading as my first with the bsc in reading as my insurance :biggrin:, how about you???

Its ok, he was a promising musician so his family have released his best song today (all proceeds to PAPYRUS (pprevention of young suicides) charity), already 70th (ish) on itunes. Might reach the chartss :smile: would be good :biggrin:

I've accepted, I think leeds may be my firm with reading as an insurance but I think it all depends on my grades in Jan and how the interview goes in Feb :smile:
Reply 36

Thanks this helps :smile: - We havnt really been told about the whole finance side of uni application for some reason... :/
Reply 37
As I don't take Physics I've had my Reading offer changed to Met and Maths, then I'll hopefully change to the Met and Climate degree after 1 year as the modules are the same. v confusing and stressful haha but got there in the end. and then got an offer from Leeds too. so that's me all done for offers etc :smile: relief, i was convinced I was going to get 3 rejections!!

Also through the post I got a visit day thing for UEA (assume everyone else has one too), but they've invited me for the day before my Geography exam and so I can't go. Is there any way to change this? I think I saw a number to call on the leaflet? I'm worried that the day they've invited me on (1st Feb I think) is the day that all Met applicants are going, so I won't get the same experience as such if I go on a different day?

well done everyone on your offers! :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by ncg1994
As I don't take Physics I've had my Reading offer changed to Met and Maths, then I'll hopefully change to the Met and Climate degree after 1 year as the modules are the same. v confusing and stressful haha but got there in the end. and then got an offer from Leeds too. so that's me all done for offers etc :smile: relief, i was convinced I was going to get 3 rejections!!

Also through the post I got a visit day thing for UEA (assume everyone else has one too), but they've invited me for the day before my Geography exam and so I can't go. Is there any way to change this? I think I saw a number to call on the leaflet? I'm worried that the day they've invited me on (1st Feb I think) is the day that all Met applicants are going, so I won't get the same experience as such if I go on a different day?

well done everyone on your offers! :smile:

Congrats on yours. sounds like a hassle :/ but at least you've got them all. And yeah theres loads of days you can go, I think theres another on in Feb and 2 in march. I've got mine on 1st Feb as well i think, but pretty sure you can change it. There are specific meteorology days you can go to, instead of department days :smile:
Reply 39
I really should keep paying more attention to this, i miss out on a fair bit when i don't!
Anyway, Leeds (Masters) is going to be my firm and Reading (Masters) my insurance :biggrin: (this is if both interviews go to plan of course!)
What's everyone else putting as their firm and insurance, also, what days are people visiting reading and leeds?
All the best
Alice

Quick Reply

Latest