The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

What is Glasgow Caledonian really like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm in my last year at caley studying international business, I have not studied anywhere else before so hard to compare, but in my opinion my course was pretty hectic as the staff seemed to make up the course as they went along. But what really p*ssed me off was today I went to see my research methods tutor, and she kept me waiting for an hour and a half!! I kept knocking on the door and emailed and called her, she was in her office because I could see her!! In the end I just left, this is from a university who has apparently won awards for student support!!! that's the worst thing so far, but there are some good sides, I have had a number of tutors who were really good, who actually had industry experience and knew what they were talking about. Just a warning for those who are studying business or the like in Caley, you will hate the tutors for the Research Methods module, which you will get in either 3rd or 4th year....which is supposed to help with your dissertation but if anything it actually takes time away from it!! argh! rant over XD oh yeah, forgot to say, I really like the Saltire Centre (Library), but hate it when people talk on the quiet floors... I will be applying to St Andrews for a Masters, hopefully the course will be better there
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
How is its London Campus. I have applied for Msc International Fashion Marketing.
Is anybody applying for Radiotherapy at Glasgow Caly? I can't seem to find anyone who is! :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by jodiedoodles
Is anybody applying for Radiotherapy at Glasgow Caly? I can't seem to find anyone who is! :frown:

My twin sister, Emily, is applying for diagnostic, what about you?
What did you get in highers?:smile:
Reply 24
Any optometry applicants?
How do you apply for summer school?
Original post by hannahmac4
Any optometry applicants?
How do you apply for summer school?

"All students attending Summer School must have been referred by an admissions tutor and must have accepted a place on a degree programme at GCU."
It's really good :smile: When I was there I took pictures with Goofy and visited the Epcot Centre.

I'm applying for therapeutic ^-^ i'm in my last year of A-Levels (i'm from england) so I dont have my results yet :frown:
Reply 28

Hello, I am applying for therapeutic. I got BBBCC(maths, chemistry, biology, english, physics) at higher last year and this year i am studying AH maths and biology and H music. Where else are you applying to?
Robyn :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by rcstirton1
Hello, I am applying for therapeutic. I got BBBCC(maths, chemistry, biology, english, physics) at higher last year and this year i am studying AH maths and biology and H music. Where else are you applying to?
Robyn :smile:

Well done on grades Emily has BBBBC ( math, biology, chemistry, German, and English) doing physics this year. She's applying too gcu, RGU, and qmu. What about you x
Reply 30
Thanks, same to you. erm im applying to GCU and QMU as RGU doesn't do therapeutic. Kinda a shame tho since its really close to where I live. Good luck with your application and you never know, I might see you next year!
Reply 31
hello!:biggrin: i would also love to study at caledonian...however i wasnt very happy with my highers last year. I recieived an A- Int 2 mathematics B- Geography higher and a C - English higher which i am re-sitting this year. I have applied for psychology what do you think the chances are that i would get a conditional??? .xxxxx :smile:
Reply 32
Anyone had any offer's yet?? I'm still waiting :'( Well since it is the deadline.....bring on the offers :wink:
Reply 33
Hi I'm currently in my last year of school and won't be going to uni untill 2012. My first choice of University is Glasgow Caledonain and i would love to know what the campus is really like or any information that could help me when making my choice up on uni's. I wil be applying for Human Nutrition And Dietetics and would love to know what it's like in that department! Please reply would be a great help !!

Hi :smile:. I have also applied for Dietetics at Glasgow Caledonian, Queen Margaret and Robert Gordon. Glasgow is also my first choice :biggrin:. I went along to the Biorama evening and everyone interested in Human Nutrition and Dietetics went into a separate room and the lecturers of the subject talked to us and answered our questions. Haven't heard back from anywhere and it's reeeally frustrating!
Reply 34
Original post by nicolel
Hi :smile:. I have also applied for Dietetics at Glasgow Caledonian, Queen Margaret and Robert Gordon. Glasgow is also my first choice :biggrin:. I went along to the Biorama evening and everyone interested in Human Nutrition and Dietetics went into a separate room and the lecturers of the subject talked to us and answered our questions. Haven't heard back from anywhere and it's reeeally frustrating!

Wooo!! Finally someone else has applied to the same things haha. Aw I couldn't make that night :frown: do you know if there will be another one or anything? :redface: what kind of stuff did they tell yous there? I reaally hope we dont have to wait like any longer :'( i actually can't stand the waiting! I'm soo unpatient tbh lols. As soon as i hear something I'll post on this :biggrin: xx
Ok I'm going to wade in and probably give a very unpopular view point here. I studied Nursing at Cali, almost a couple of years ago and honestly hated every moment of it. I found myself in a dept unwilling to help its students, placements that hadn't been given enough consideration, abuse from both staff on wards and sometimes lecturers (Some were not willing to concede that you may have a differing view) etc. After my third year, I had enough and left, the treatment of all of us was utterly appalling and anytime anyone asks me my opinon on Cali, that's what I say.

The campus is nice, it is modern and I'm sure that other depts are fantastic but the health dept has a lot to be desired. After I left, I ended up going to Glasgow Uni for another course which I love and the Uni itself is great with a wonderful support network.

I hope you all have a wonderful time at Cali and that it's not marred as mine and others was.
Reply 36
Original post by belladonnanoir

Original post by belladonnanoir
Ok I'm going to wade in and probably give a very unpopular view point here. I studied Nursing at Cali, almost a couple of years ago and honestly hated every moment of it. I found myself in a dept unwilling to help its students, placements that hadn't been given enough consideration, abuse from both staff on wards and sometimes lecturers (Some were not willing to concede that you may have a differing view) etc. After my third year, I had enough and left, the treatment of all of us was utterly appalling and anytime anyone asks me my opinon on Cali, that's what I say.

The campus is nice, it is modern and I'm sure that other depts are fantastic but the health dept has a lot to be desired. After I left, I ended up going to Glasgow Uni for another course which I love and the Uni itself is great with a wonderful support network.

I hope you all have a wonderful time at Cali and that it's not marred as mine and others was.

Thanks a lot for your message :smile: Im sorry your time their was so bad :O I hope mine's will be different if i get accepted in to Cali! It's good to at least hear from the inside because most teacher's and peeps at school just say it's pretty good but of course wouldn't say the bad points...
Reply 37
I've got an unconditional to study Game Design at Cali. I'm a little suspicious though as there is literally no info about the course online that I can find. Makes me wonder if its a bit rubbish. Has anyone else applied to this course or has any info about it?

I went to the Cali open day and the place looks awesome. Its really modern and very close to the city centre, i'm just worried I chose the wrong course to apply for.

Thanks
Reply 38
Ive decided to go to GCU and study dietetics as well :smile: I'm actually in my gap year at the mo because I wanted to make sure the course was right for me! I currently live in Manchester which is pretty far but ive heard brill things up to now lol
I currently have the min. grades but i did a few resits cos of other unis having higher entry requirements.
Got my fingers crossed tbh :smile:
Reply 39

Original post by labd
Ive decided to go to GCU and study dietetics as well :smile: I'm actually in my gap year at the mo because I wanted to make sure the course was right for me! I currently live in Manchester which is pretty far but ive heard brill things up to now lol
I currently have the min. grades but i did a few resits cos of other unis having higher entry requirements.
Got my fingers crossed tbh :smile:

hey! :smile: Yeah that's pretty far to go to Glasgow lols! Good luck with it. I still haven't heard anything from Cali yet but got a conditional for Nutrition at RGU...only need a B in chem :redface: Hopefully we hear soon though from Cali :biggrin: x

Quick Reply

Latest