The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsGirl
oh really? I know they are pretty good and im really looking forward to going.
Did/are you do a PGCE there?

I did my BA there. It's really really popular for teaching :smile:
Original post by apotoftea
I did my BA there. It's really really popular for teaching :smile:

Did you enjoy your time there? I know bognor and there doesnt seem like much to do.
I assumed that not many people apply because only 3 people were at my interview day but i guess that was early. Also a lot of my friends have never heard of the uni :s-smilie:
Reply 62
Original post by manicmonday
I had my interview for Secondary PE in November... didn't hear anything for 3 weeks but had a letter this week saying they are now just waiting on the Government and that we will have their numbers confirmed in the new year to offer places! They have told me they have told everyone that weren't successful a few days after the interview so that they could be passed to their second choices so I really hope this is a good sign?? GTTR hasn't changed for a month - it still says "interview" but I know they won't know anything different until the uni tells them! I just really want to know!!

hi, this is what happened to me, apart from Ive applied for a Primary course. They said they won't know until the new year, its horrible waiting as I dont know how many people have been offered a place at the moment and how many places they can offer!? Also, my gttr is exactly the same, I want to know so badly!!
Reply 63
Original post by buffyfan
I had my interview for Lower Primary at Bangor yesterday and just got my offer now! Sooo happy! :biggrin:

Hi Nick btw we'll be course buddies!

Hey that's good to hear :smile: I am very much looking forward to the course :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by nick17112
Hey that's good to hear :smile: I am very much looking forward to the course :smile:

Me 2! :smile:
Reply 65
Hey guys just wondered did any of you wear a suit to your interview?
Original post by cutebat
Hey guys just wondered did any of you wear a suit to your interview?

I wore this top http://www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/sale/tops/long-sleeve/ruffle-spot-shirt/jade/tf13ja/?show=all&sort=2&level=3 with black trousers :smile: hope this helps!
Reply 67
Got a holding letter from Sussex. When their numbers are confirmed, I'll get my offer letter :smile:

At my interview day all the chaps wore suits, the girls wore skirt/trousers and a smart top.

I wore a knee length skirt and a black top with a black cardi, but it was freezing so kept my scarf on the whole time.
Hey all!
I received a letter from Sussex yesterday which was a holding letter. So excited, just want the place confirmed now!! Lozmond, was your interview on Weds?? :smile:

I know I am getting ahead of myself, but you can apply for student finance for a PGCE right?!
I got a place on the Nottingham SCITT ^.^ Well, I got told at the school interview that I was through, GTTR hasn't updated yet ...
Reply 70
Original post by Lit*Lover*Laura
Hey all!
I received a letter from Sussex yesterday which was a holding letter. So excited, just want the place confirmed now!! Lozmond, was your interview on Weds?? :smile:

I know I am getting ahead of myself, but you can apply for student finance for a PGCE right?!

It was :smile: I was sitting next to our lone chap. Congratulations! Will hopefully see you in september! :smile:

And yes, we can apply for student finance - the only postgraduate qualification that allows you to do so.
Reply 71
Original post by ponpon14
Hey guys, im applying next year (after a year out at the end of this degree) How many of you who have been accepted are third year uni students,, and how many of you have had time out?

graduated in 2008 and have just been accepted onto a course
Reply 72
Original post by lozmond
Got a holding letter from Sussex. When their numbers are confirmed, I'll get my offer letter :smile:

At my interview day all the chaps wore suits, the girls wore skirt/trousers and a smart top.

I wore a knee length skirt and a black top with a black cardi, but it was freezing so kept my scarf on the whole time.

I received my holding letter from Newman University the day after I had my interview there. They just said the same thing, basically I am on priority list for an offer as soon as they receive the number of places they can offer. i wish TDA would hurry up!!! I wore a suit. Black jacket, orange shirt and black pants.
Hi! I have applied to Oxford to do secondary RE, I was wondering what classification you got for your degree to get offered a place at Oxford. Also I am really worried about Interviews and things, as I am unsure what to expect. I hear that you have to do a written test, is this to test subject knowledge or do they want you to produce an essay? I am terrible at having to produce written work on the spot without knowing what I have to write about. I hope you can help me.

Congrates on your Offer by the way! ::smile:
Had my interview yest and just found out I have a place on the London South Bank GTP course for Maths (which also gives a PGCE qualification)
So excited!!!
Reply 75
tda are sending allocated places to providers today x
Reply 76
Oooh that's exciting I emailed them and they said next couple of days. That was yesterday morning so they've obviously got sorted quickly! Did they email you?
Lozmond, you were on my table for the discussion :smile: We did have a rather good debate about Bradley! Hopefully Sussex will have their places allocated and ready by the end of this week! Fingers crossed!
Reply 78
Original post by summer2011
Oooh that's exciting I emailed them and they said next couple of days. That was yesterday morning so they've obviously got sorted quickly! Did they email you?

yeah someone called Samina emailed me at 3ish today from the allocations team, so hopefully we will find out before xmas holidays x
Original post by JH2011
yeah someone called Samina emailed me at 3ish today from the allocations team, so hopefully we will find out before xmas holidays x

How did you contact them? Gosh I really hope to hear soon for definite, I have a provisional offer from Bath Spa just need tda allocations. Been looking at places to live next year with my boyfriend, but cant sign for anywhere without an offer :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending