The Student Room Group

Zoology applicants 2011/12

Hi :biggrin: Im applying to study Zoology at Leeds, Exeter Cornwall Campus, Reading, Hull and Cardiff! Just thought that I'd start this thread to follow which Uni's have given out offers for Zoology and discussing general Zoologyness! :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hoping to study Zoology as well! If my choices ever decide to get back to me that is...
Have you heard anything from Leeds?
Reply 2
I've applied to Zoology and I've got offers from Bangor, Aber, Reading and Swansea. Still waiting to hear from Exeter :smile:
I've applied to Derby, Exeter twice (once C301), Aber and Cardiff, just got my first offer from Derby:biggrin:
Reply 4
Hey guys!!
I thought i'd let you know that Leeds was the last uni I heard from when I got my offer for zoology. I applied on the 17th of november and on the 6th this month I got a conditional offer of AAB (I didn't get a confirmation email off of them so don't worry if you don't get one!!).
Best of luck to you all and hopefull I may some of you in september :smile: x
Wow nice! Im applying to Leeds too for Zoology, sent my application last week, (late I know!:colondollar:) and got an offer yesterday from Bangor:biggrin: whoooo!!!! Anyone visited there??My offer was 300 UCAS points including a C in biology, Im predicted AAB so fingers crossed for Leeds! Exeter, Kent and Chester too! Has anyone visted Leeds, do you know what its like there? Is it near any parks or anything, not use to cities!:rolleyes:
Reply 6
Original post by Africananimal
Wow nice! Im applying to Leeds too for Zoology, sent my application last week, (late I know!:colondollar:) and got an offer yesterday from Bangor:biggrin: whoooo!!!! Anyone visited there??My offer was 300 UCAS points including a C in biology, Im predicted AAB so fingers crossed for Leeds! Exeter, Kent and Chester too! Has anyone visted Leeds, do you know what its like there? Is it near any parks or anything, not use to cities!:rolleyes:

I've looked around Bangor :smile: My offer was 320 points with C in biology. Predicted grades AAC :smile:
Reply 7
I do Zoology at Reading si if anyone has questions, ask away!
Reply 8
Original post by Vulpix
I do Zoology at Reading si if anyone has questions, ask away!

What is the conservation area like there? Do you get to do a lot of field work in your 1st year? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by sheldon93
What is the conservation area like there? Do you get to do a lot of field work in your 1st year? :smile:

There's a volunteer club that does conservation work every... Wednesday afternoon I think. There's also an area called Harris gardens, where a lot of the work is done- it's a really pretty park area, but it's quite hidden away and it used to grow loads of different species of plants. As far as I know, that's as close as it comes to a specific "conservation area", although when you come here you will probably notice that as the campus is mainly parkland there is a fair amount of field work in the Ecology module in first year that happens on campus. There is also a compulsory field trip to Sussex, Borneo or Devon (it used to be Cumbria, which is the one that I went on, but then it changed so I can't tell you much about the other ones. However, the vast majority of the field courses will be field work). There's also the Cole Museum, which you can volunteer in and which is really useful, especially in third year!
Hope that helps!
Reply 10
Thank you, that's great :smile: :smile:

I've looked around Bangor :smile: My offer was 320 points with C in biology. Predicted grades AAC :smile:

Nice one!!! What do you feel its like then?? Do you like the look of the facillities and the area? Thanks! I will visit next year on one of the UCAS open days! Where else have you applied to if you dont mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 12
Nice one!!! What do you feel its like then?? Do you like the look of the facillities and the area? Thanks! I will visit next year on one of the UCAS open days! Where else have you applied to if you dont mind me asking? :smile:

I liked it :smile: It is a city, but a small one which is probably why I liked it :P The city is nice - good for shopping. Supermarkets close to uni. The surrounding area is beautiful as well. The department was quite dated but nothing wrong with it really :L just looked a tad dated... I'm probably going to go back to look at the accomodation and stuff but that all looked pretty modern :smile:
I've applied to Bangor, Aber, Swansea, Reading (got offers) and waiting to hear from Exeter :smile:
Anything else i've missed just ask :smile:
I'm in my first year at Leeds doing zoology if anyone has any questions :smile:

I liked it :smile: It is a city, but a small one which is probably why I liked it :P The city is nice - good for shopping. Supermarkets close to uni. The surrounding area is beautiful as well. The department was quite dated but nothing wrong with it really :L just looked a tad dated... I'm probably going to go back to look at the accomodation and stuff but that all looked pretty modern :smile:
I've applied to Bangor, Aber, Swansea, Reading (got offers) and waiting to hear from Exeter :smile:
Anything else i've missed just ask :smile:

Wow! Congrats!!! Im sure you will get an offer from Exeter! :smile: Many thanks for your help, Bangor seems really cosy! Never lived in a city before, so glad I have that as a backup! Did you attend any lectures there by the way??? Thanks!:smile:
Original post by rachelll=)

Original post by rachelll=)
I'm in my first year at Leeds doing zoology if anyone has any questions :smile:

Nice!!!:smile: Wow, well done for getting in this year!I really want to get into Leeds too! What do you find its like there??? Is the course content interesting? When I applied to Leeds I choose it primerily becasue the course looked fascinating,(plus got a brother in York!) but it would be great to hear what a student who's in there thinks!:biggrin: What about the area for work experience in parks or zoos? Is it easy to find work there? Thanks so much for being patient with all my questions!:smile:
ps: What work experience did you do in your gap year if you dont mind me asking?:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Got a (rubbish) offer from Aberystwyth. Still waiting on Exeter though which was my favourite! Bit worried as my friend got an offer in under a week for the same course:frown:
Reply 17
Wow! Congrats!!! Im sure you will get an offer from Exeter! :smile: Many thanks for your help, Bangor seems really cosy! Never lived in a city before, so glad I have that as a backup! Did you attend any lectures there by the way??? Thanks!:smile:

Yeh i went to the biological science lecture and the course looked really good :smile: Lots of fieldwork (think it might have been once a week, but im not sure) in the surrounding area :smile: Looks like the ideal place to study zoology tbh :P
Reply 18
Original post by deadsmurfette
Got a (rubbish) offer from Aberystwyth. Still waiting on Exeter though which was my favourite! Bit worried as my friend got an offer in under a week for the same course:frown:

I'm really worried about Exeter because it's the only one I haven't heard from yet and I sent my UCAS off ages ago :frown: It's my favourite as well!!
I'm really worried about Exeter because it's the only one I haven't heard from yet and I sent my UCAS off ages ago :frown: It's my favourite as well!!

Same! I applied for the year abroad course and the 3 year one. I'll be gutted if I don't get an offer for either!:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending