The Student Room Group

Am I the only one applying to PGCE secondary Geography?!

Hello :smile:

All forums I look on no-one has mentioned PGCE secondary Geography :frown: Just wondering where you are applying to and If you have heard back from any Uni's yet?

Currently I have an interview with Liverpool Hope coming up but still waiting to hear back from others!

Good Luck if you have an interview soon too!

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am! I have applied to Sheffield, Nottingham, Cambridge and Leicester but not heard anything yet!

Good luck with your interview! When is it?
Reply 2
Oh my.. you are the only person I have read about that is applying for geography! My interview was last Wed in Liverpool hope! Have you had any interviews yet?
I am too :smile: My track has changed to Interview for Cambridge but I've not actually heard anything yet so I'm expecting a letter at some point really
Reply 4
Well done both of you! Where else have you applied?

I have not heard of many people either!!

How did your interview go pinkcandle? Good luck for when you hear back. :smile: Nope no interviews/replies yet!

Good luck robo donkey for your interview.
Thanks, I'm still waiting for a letter or something, not heard anything apart from had a status change on GTTR so far
Reply 6
Original post by robo donkey
Thanks, I'm still waiting for a letter or something, not heard anything apart from had a status change on GTTR so far

Same here! I called the admissions office this morning, they said they will send out an email 10 days before the interview. If they have set the day to next year, we have to sit tight and wait for the email I guess...
Looks like my interview is on the 19th, awesome, that's literally I know now, eep, good luck to all applying for Geog
Reply 8
Original post by *Annabel*
Well done both of you! Where else have you applied?

I have not heard of many people either!!

How did your interview go pinkcandle? Good luck for when you hear back. :smile: Nope no interviews/replies yet!

Good luck robo donkey for your interview.

My interview was for Liverpool Hope. It went well in regards to the presentation and questions, its just all down to my literacy test now! I haven't heard anything back yet tho.. making me nervous! I hate the waiting game! Where have you applied too?
Hi, I am applying to Oxford, I was wandering if the grades have to be really high, I got a 2.1 for my degree, what about you, I am worried that Oxford/Cambridge are just too hard to get into. Also, do you have any idea what the interview will be like? I am dreading it since I have heard that they are over 1-2 days. Is that what your one is like for Cambridge?

:smile:
Reply 10
I got offered a place at Liverpool Hope for the geog PGCE for Sept!! Im so glad I have something lined up for next year.. all I need is to gain a 2:1 now! :smile:
Reply 11
Well done! :biggrin:

I have applied for Sheffield, Nottingham, Cambridge and Leicester.

Candyfloss: - I'm not sure about the grades at Oxford. I know that Cambridge say they accept people with 2:1's and above and I'm sorry I can't help with the interview as still waiting on my other options yet. Where else are you applying to?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
I have an interview at Cambridge.... wooooo! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Congratulations and good luck :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by PinkCandle777
Congratulations and good luck :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Hello,

I've applied for Geog PGCE, althoug I want to do it in London, so I've applied for Institute of Education, Goldsmith, and St Marys Twickenham. Speaking with students I really want to go to Goldsmith now, although I have no idea what to expect at interviews, if I get any. Can anyone shed any light, help me prep for it ?

Thanks
Reply 16
Original post by Doll Face
Hello,

I've applied for Geog PGCE, althoug I want to do it in London, so I've applied for Institute of Education, Goldsmith, and St Marys Twickenham. Speaking with students I really want to go to Goldsmith now, although I have no idea what to expect at interviews, if I get any. Can anyone shed any light, help me prep for it ?

Thanks

Hey, I didn't apply to any of them universitys so I'm unsure what you would be asked to do during the interview process.
Best advice is to stay calm and show the interviewers how enthusiastic and passionate about teaching you are and no matter what keep smiling!
Best of luck for the interviews! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Doll Face
Hello,

Thanks

Hey,
Did you manage to get an interview at Goldsmith?
I have a interview with them in a couple of weeks, I'm a ball of nerves right now lol, I have no clue what to expect at the interview.

I'd be highly grateful if anyone can give me tips/advice for the interview.
Thankss.
I didn't have an interview at Goldsmiths, but I have had 2 PGCE interviews, they both asked about my undergrad dissertation and how it relates to geography and is it relevant, they asked about my own strengths and weaknesses within the subject. I was also asked to give a mini lesson on the rainforest (I forgot some of it and still got accepted). Obviously they ask like why do you want to teach geography and that sort of thing as well as why would you put yourself into a stressful environment (ie the classroom) on purpose.
Reply 19
Hiya,
I've just heard I have a an interview on Monday at IOE, as that is my first choice, still not sure what to expect, and how to prepare, bu have just been reading around the subject ?

let me know how u get on at Goldsmith, they sounded really good at the fair!
Thanks Robo for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending