The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miml
By interviews I mean 2 lol. Jane Street which is for summer internship earlier this week (and another next week). And HSBC next week.

Are you a first year or 2nd year? HSBC - did you apply for IBD or trading?
Reply 1081
Original post by natashabedford
Are you a first year or 2nd year? HSBC - did you apply for IBD or trading?

I'm a second year, on a 4 year course. Applied for IBD everywhere except JS.
Original post by miml
I'm a second year, on a 4 year course. Applied for IBD everywhere except JS.

Cool. What's your course & uni btw?
Reply 1083
I could only attach my CV to my BAML application, which I did yesterday. However I've just seen now that they expect a CL as well. I've logged in to the site, but I don't know how to attach it to my application, or how to withdraw it to start again. Any advice?
Original post by TomasK
I think there really is a possibility that they DON'T HAVE tests.

I talked to a recruiter from GS and they don't believe in tests because so many ppl cheat. However, they have one of the toughest interviews. Brainteasers
Original post by blap
I could only attach my CV to my BAML application, which I did yesterday. However I've just seen now that they expect a CL as well. I've logged in to the site, but I don't know how to attach it to my application, or how to withdraw it to start again. Any advice?

put your CV and CL in a single word file. Had the same question, asked a recruiter and this is what she told me to do.
(edited 12 years ago)
For those who had the MS phone interview, did they ask any technical questions?

Is anybody applying for the Women's Immersion at Nomura?
Original post by EyesOnFire
For those who had the MS phone interview, did they ask any technical questions?

Is anybody applying for the Women's Immersion at Nomura?

When did you apply to MS?
When did you apply to MS?

About a month ago. Was quite surprised to get an interview, thought I screwed up the numerical.
Reply 1089
I got offered an interview fro cs fast track next week, however as i am in the middle of exams I rang them and left a voicemail explaining it would suit much better to do them in january. I now have an interview for jan, however it no longer says fast track interview on it. Have I justed wasted an advantage by having a fast track interview or will interviewers take the same standared of applicants no matter what type of interview?

Thanks
Original post by grad2014
I got offered an interview fro cs fast track next week, however as i am in the middle of exams I rang them and left a voicemail explaining it would suit much better to do them in january. I now have an interview for jan, however it no longer says fast track interview on it. Have I justed wasted an advantage by having a fast track interview or will interviewers take the same standared of applicants no matter what type of interview?

Thanks

It shouldn't matter. THey take the same standard. When did you apply?
Reply 1091
barcap reject me, no reason, nothing!
the tests went ok though :frown:
ah well.. :s

anyone apply to SEO? i never heard back from them, its been more than a month
Apart from the bulge brackets and the more obvious places, where else have people applied to?
Original post by Milan.
barcap reject me, no reason, nothing!
the tests went ok though :frown:
ah well.. :s

anyone apply to SEO? i never heard back from them, its been more than a month

Unlucky about BarCap. U only need one remember... You will get another one, just you wait :smile:

Didn't apply to SEO, sorry
Reply 1094
has anyone done the UBS test? is it shl or kenexa?
Original post by eco1234
has anyone done the UBS test? is it shl or kenexa?

SHL
Reply 1096
Original post by EyesOnFire
put your CV and CL in a single word file. Had the same question, asked a recruiter and this is what she told me to do.

Ah thanks. But I've already sent it off and can't figure out how to ammend it?
Reply 1097
It shouldn't matter. THey take the same standard. When did you apply?

about 3 weeks ago.
Original post by grad2014
about 3 weeks ago.

Ok. what subject and what uni r u taking/at?
Original post by blap
Ah thanks. But I've already sent it off and can't figure out how to ammend it?

I don't think you can change/edit the application once it's submitted. You can only update contact details e.g. email, address, phone number etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending