The Student Room Group

Art foundation applicants 2012!!!!

Hey guys! just thought it would be fun for all art foundation applicants to talk together in a whole thread of our own. So where's everyone applying to? I'm going for Kingston, St Martins, UCA canterbury and Leeds College of art... !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
have you sent off all your applications? i dont know where to start with the personal statement! and the manchester deadline is friday ahhh
Reply 2
Good idea! I am applying to Kingston, CSM, Ravenbourne, Falmouth and Loughborough. I have only sent off one of my applications which was to falmouth because I still haven't finished my personal statement yet, I am finding it so hard! Which is your top choice?
Original post by Kat Madin

Original post by Kat Madin
Good idea! I am applying to Kingston, CSM, Ravenbourne, Falmouth and Loughborough. I have only sent off one of my applications which was to falmouth because I still haven't finished my personal statement yet, I am finding it so hard! Which is your top choice?

hey! i wasn't sure about ravensbourne...it seems a really good place, but they seem to focus on graphics/digital as opposed to fine art? do they even include fine art on the course? my top choice is csm, then either kingston or leeds after that! you? so exciting we're both applying to csm and kingston!

i've sent off my csm, kingston and uca applications! leeds and brookes are going in the post tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by justreadthebooks
hey! i wasn't sure about ravensbourne...it seems a really good place, but they seem to focus on graphics/digital as opposed to fine art? do they even include fine art on the course? my top choice is csm, then either kingston or leeds after that! you? so exciting we're both applying to csm and kingston!

i've sent off my csm, kingston and uca applications! leeds and brookes are going in the post tomorrow :biggrin:

You are right, I don't think they do fine art! I want to do product or graphic design probaby, so I think they would be pretty good for that! Plus the fact that the O2 is right next store is amazing :wink: I think Kingston is my top and then it is either csm and Ravensbourne after! Falmouth and Loughborough are my back ups haha

I have only sent off an application for falmouth! I am still getting my personal statement finished :s-smilie:

it is exciting! Looking forward to next year so much!
Reply 5
i've just got the conformation emails from UCA Canterbury and Kingston, and also applied to CSM(top choice) and Loughborough...
Reply 6
I'm applying to De Montfort, Kingston, Leeds College of Art, Loughborough and Hereford College of Art (in that order of preference) and I'm going to the 3 day portfolio course next week in Kingston, any of you going?
I haven't even started sending off application forms, I've only just written my personal statement and I'm getting references tomorrow, I'm so behind!
I also have next to no work for my portfolio, and only in the past week have I found out I should provide a sketchbook to compliment it... What are the basic things to include in a portfolio and complimenting sketchbook? I know observational drawing, final pieces from school exams, developing from ideas to pieces of work, but it seems like nothing, help?
Despite the stressy stress stress I have right now, I cannot wait for next year!
Hey I'm hoping to apply for a foundation course too; first choice Kingston! Are there any applicants who can show their flickr accounts? It would be nice to see what others do :smile:
Hi :smile: I'm also applying for the foundation course this year. I've applied to CSM, Loughborough, De Montfort and Manchester Met. I've received 'confirmation' from everywhere but CSM at the moment and I've already been scheduled portfolio reviews for De Montfort and Loughborough on the 4th and 11th of Jan! I suppose that's the only fault of applying a bit earlier! (I applied around.. mid november I believe)

De Montfort actually originally scheduled a date for 7th Decemeber which completely freaked me out as it was only 2 weeks notice! But they were kind enough to reschedule in the new year thankfully.

Loughborough have asked for a task to be included in my portfolio which is to basically draw my kitchen sink accurately. (Just line, no tonal values)

I am no where near finishing my portfolio, I'm still in the process with 2 sketchbooks (as I do both Fine Art and Art Textiles) and have plans to do quite a few other things outside of A level/GCSE work. What a busy christmas I'm going to have!
Reply 9
Im applying to Camberwell, Brookes, Kingston uni, Richmond college and Kingston college.
The two colleges are my back up choices though, first choice is Camberwell.

Starting to get worried about my portfolio, especially as the flickr account needs to be done by the 31st :s-smilie: ahh!
Definitely starting to stress.

Has everyone been doing loads of sketch books? im frantically trying to fill mine up.
I've been creating my flickr account too sk451 and just finished now. It's still sort of a draft but I've got all 40, but as you said the sketchbook is by far my weakest part. All my sketchbooks are presented really neatly and aren't expressive so they're not impressive to look at :frown:
heya I'm applying to ravensbourne and ccw, wanted to stay in London cos of the costs. I know that's not very many, but I'm also applying for BA's in fine art and photography this year. unfortunately still haven't even filled in my ccw application :/
Reply 12
I applied for Kingston, CSM, Plymouth

I haven't heard from CSM, has anyone? I got the letter tracked so I know it got there but were they supposed to email me
or something?
for KINGSTON people: on the flickr thing, what the hell are you doing to THINGS I LIKE?!?!
i've applied for CCW, kingston, manchester met and leeds college of art, both excited and nervous! kinda annoyed that at my school they make us do loads of A1 sheets with writing all over them, but art schools seem to want work mounted on A1 sheets WITHOUT writing, which means i'll have to take all my work off them for my portfolio and stick it back down for my coursework hand in. -__-

at the kingston open day i went to, they said that the 'things i like' part was to give an idea of your personality, so i've included my own photos to make it more personal, but that's just me. i've been stalking other peoples as well haha, and quite a few seem to put artists who influence them in there.
omggggg i've done a2 !!!! but most of my work is smaller so it would just look ridiculous on a1.

show personality! oh god! I've included my own drawings of stuff i like... and some photographs? It's nso awkward that everywhere has different requirements!

beccafairy where is your top choice?
oh man, the A1 size is kind of a standard expectation, but if all of your works are smaller and you've already done it you might be let off? i dunno!

that sounds about right, and it's open to interpretation and all anyway. :smile: my top choice is CCW, closely followed by kingston!
are you serious? OH GOD!!!! i just did a2 cos most of my work is small :L maybe i'll stand out as unique haha?!?!?!
Reply 18
I think its fine for you to have A2, from what i can tell lots of people do.
Personally i think im going for A1 just because i have quite a few big pieces.

My flickr is sort of done, but i have too many up there and need to refine it to 10 on each, and i havnt even thought about the 'Things i like section' yet!
Whats your flickr account?
oooh thanks, i am feeling more reassured now!

oooh i'd love to swap flickr's! mine's http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanessawalters/sets/72157628031834482/
and again, needs refining! some of my pieces will be put together as one photo :smile:

what's yours?

Quick Reply

Latest