The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Essex1875
How strange....literally just got an acknowledgement email from heriot watt right this minute.

Now the wait begins....

Took me around a week and a half/ two weeks to hear anything other than an acknowledgement.
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by diddlydiddly
Took me around a week and a half/ two weeks to hear anything other than an acknowledgement.

Heres hoping they are quick with mine!!

The uni seems sort of flexible in terms of grades relevant to the subject...when I emailed business department she said that if I get a good grade in my business (predicted A*) then that would go a long way if I don't do as well in my other subjects. Tbh not bothered if I have to go in at level one or two seeing as for English students the first year is entirely discounted :biggrin: :biggrin: .
Original post by Essex1875
Heres hoping they are quick with mine!!

The uni seems sort of flexible in terms of grades relevant to the subject...when I emailed business department she said that if I get a good grade in my business (predicted A*) then that would go a long way if I don't do as well in my other subjects. Tbh not bothered if I have to go in at level one or two seeing as for English students the first year is entirely discounted :biggrin: :biggrin: .

Well I got ACD first year and predicted ACC and got an offer based on BBB, so they are pretty good. I would rather start 1st year I reckon, even though I already take Economics, just so I have a year to settle, get used to it and all that.
Original post by Emelynaki
I got everything ready I think. My advisor is supposed to send the application in a few days... but I can't wait!! :tongue:

I'm applying for Business Management. I'll totally firm HW if I get an offer.

Hey! I'm applying for this course too :biggrin:
I've met the entry requirements, AAABC at higher and am predicted further 3A's at Higher and then a further A and B at Advanced Higher! :tongue: hope they want me XD
What you get/hoping to get? :smile:

Have you heard back yet? I only sent my application away on the 29th November and got an acknowledgement on the 30th, anxious to hear back!
Original post by eLECTROLOSIS
Hahaha same!.. I just hope I can understand the Scottish accent!

lol i'm scottish, it isnt that bad xD
we just roll our rrrrs, and you seem to have less syllables than us! like im Clay-Ur (claire) here xD
Reply 65
Original post by imonlylittle
Hey! I'm applying for this course too :biggrin:
I've met the entry requirements, AAABC at higher and am predicted further 3A's at Higher and then a further A and B at Advanced Higher! :tongue: hope they want me XD
What you get/hoping to get? :smile:

Have you heard back yet? I only sent my application away on the 29th November and got an acknowledgement on the 30th, anxious to hear back!

Hi there potential "classmate" ! :smile:
I have sent mine almost 2 weeks ago and nothing yet.
Im above entry requirements aswell so I hope for an unconditional offer since I already have the grades. :smile:
be patient !(well that what i say to myself everyday!) :biggrin:
Unconditional for Economics.
Original post by imonlylittle
lol i'm scottish, it isnt that bad xD
we just roll our rrrrs, and you seem to have less syllables than us! like im Clay-Ur (claire) here xD

Hahah!.. The Edinburgh accent is okay but I can see myself asking repeatedly saying 'What?..', 'Excuse me' and 'Say again'.. :smile:
Original post by Emelynaki
Hi there potential "classmate" ! :smile:
I have sent mine almost 2 weeks ago and nothing yet.
Im above entry requirements aswell so I hope for an unconditional offer since I already have the grades. :smile:
be patient !(well that what i say to myself everyday!) :biggrin:

haha could be! GOOD LUCK!
the waiting games a long one! lets hope they dont leave us checking our emails daily until may! :bebored: :biggrin:
Reply 69
I've applied for both Mathematics and Actuarial Sciences at HW but I've only had an offer for the Maths course. . .so do I need to wait until March for an offer on Actuarial Sciences?

And does anyone know when the Applicants Day is next year, either I'm being really stupid and can't find it on their website, or it's not actually there :frown:
Reply 70
Got a letter offering me second year entry as well as the previous first year entry. The grades for second year entry were ABB for L100 Economics
Reply 71
Still waiting on offers for business mangment and business finance.

Cmon heriot watt !!
Reply 72
Got a conditional offer on the 14th for French and Applied Language Studies.
Conditions are Alevel: BBB, And I have AAAA at AS :smile: Really happy.
Reply 73
From the previous posts, it seems that there is a high interest from people to do Actuarial Science at Heriot Watt :/ Although i've just got an offer from them :frown:
unconditionals for actuarial science and maths!! :biggrin: really happy!
(edited 12 years ago)
Unconditional offer for Business Management! SO HAPPY! :smile:
only took about 2 weeks to get an offer too!
how do u get an offer..i mean what do u need to do to get one?
Reply 77
Original post by shashwat.cap91
how do u get an offer..i mean what do u need to do to get one?

Contact UCAS m'dear
Reply 78
Got a conditional for Applied languages and translating (French and Spanish) on the 19th! :biggrin: So happy, but it is my 4th choice :P
Reply 79
Original post by Millymoo
Got a conditional for Applied languages and translating (French and Spanish) on the 19th! :biggrin: So happy, but it is my 4th choice :P

Haha same! Well mine is for French and Applied Languages, but I'll have to pick up either Spanish or German, its my second choice :smile:

Quick Reply