Scroll to see replies

Original post by Etoile
Idk, just a random thing of more worth :wink:
Well yes, they are indispensable in Egypt :lol:

Ewwww lobsters. :yucky: :tongue:
:lolwut:
Reply 201
Original post by Maths_Lover
I fail at multitasking - I am far too easily distracted by one thing or another to do many things simultaneously. :emo:

Oooh! I shall try it! :colone: :colone: Thanks. :h:

Quantum Theory Cannot Hurt You by Marcus Chown. :ahee:

That is a rather awesome distraction! :awesome:

Aha, I am typing in Ennglish here and also in French to you on Facebook, in which the language is set to Kiswahili, while trying to learn cyrillic. :teehee:

So many languages, not enough time. :colonhash:

Me too :console:
I changed it into German as well and all the []//#'., etc are in different places! :eek:
Ooh sounds interesting! :ahee:
It is! :ahee:
That is the beauty of multilingualism :h:
I know :frown: I am forgetting all my Greek and Chinese so I want to practice them a bit :biggrin:

Original post by Coco_94
Yes. :awesome:
I fear my mind would explode at this stage. :emo:
Mwahahaha.

Spoiler

It really would be. :rofl:
Yes you probably would :lol:. You'd hear clicking from Cubes, or George going through clothes, Njeri's pencil burning up from the speed it's going, or me boiling a Kettle and watching the News. :teehee:
I used to be a Naturalistic Pantheist actually...:moon:

:rofl:!

:ahee:
Exactly!
:colonhash:

Spoiler

Maybe it will happen :colone:
That would be brilliant :rofl:
And me changing language for each person I spoke to :colone: Apparently when I talk in my sleep, it's not all in English :rofl:
How would you describe yourself now?
:teehee:

Original post by Heptapus
Ewwww lobsters. :yucky: :tongue:
:lolwut:

Well it's true they are useful there! For in the desert and stuff :lol: My grandparents went on a camel ride when they went to Morocco too :yep:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Etoile

Well it's true they are useful there! For in the desert and stuff :lol: My grandparents went on a camel ride when they went to Morocco too :yep:

:lolwut::lolwut:
Lobsters are just scary. Oboes are of more worth.
Why would I want a camel in england?
Original post by Etoile

:ahee:
Exactly!
:colonhash:

Spoiler

Maybe it will happen :colone:
That would be brilliant :rofl:
And me changing language for each person I spoke to :colone: Apparently when I talk in my sleep, it's not all in English :rofl:
How would you describe yourself now?

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: That made my night. :rofl:
Maybe it will. :colone: :colone: :colone:
That'd get annoying for a while I think. The Swedish would come out if that happened. That doesn't surprise me, at all. :lol:
I guess a humanist of sorts, above all, compassion, passion, love, empathy, honesty and responsibility are most important to me, but they must be tempered by Reason which above all should rule. :yep:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by und
Haha, that book! :rofl: Erm... I kind of read the first few pages and thought "this isn't for me" before putting the book down and never picking it up again! How far did you manage to get with it?

I shall have a look at that pdf file shortly. Thanks for the link. :smile:

I did the same thing when I first got it - I was intimidated for weeks. :colone:

Then a while back I decided that I was going to tackle it and got to almost the end of the first chapter in a few days. I am going to finish the first chapter this holiday and hopefully start/finish the second one too. :moon:

Go on und, you know you want to read it. :colone:

You are welcome! :biggrin:
I'm also learning to play 'To Zanarkand' from the masterpiece FFX on the piano.
Reply 207
:lolwut::lolwut:
Lobsters are just scary. Oboes are of more worth.
Why would I want a camel in england?

:rofl: You can trade your lobster for an oboe in a market! :yep:
In case you need transport on the beach :smug:

Original post by Coco_94
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: That made my night. :rofl:
Maybe it will. :colone: :colone: :colone:
That'd get annoying for a while I think. The Swedish would come out if that happened. That doesn't surprise me, at all. :lol:
I guess a humanist of sorts, above all, compassion, passion, love, empathy, honesty and responsibility are most important to me, but they must be tempered by Reason which above all should rule. :yep:

*curtseys*

Spoiler

:awesome:
I could speak to you in Swedish/German! I would be nice and only speak to people in languages they understood, unless I was cross with them :teehee:
As ever, you are impeccable logical and reasonable! :lol:
I am feeling rather sad and I don't know why.
Reply 209

I did the same thing when I first got it - I was intimidated for weeks. :colone:

Then a while back I decided that I was going to tackle it and got to almost the end of the first chapter in a few days. I am going to finish the first chapter this holiday and hopefully start/finish the second one too. :moon:

Go on und, you know you want to read it. :colone:

You are welcome! :biggrin:

The bit about 'Linear Diophantine equations' is where I stopped reading. Page 7 was mostly OK but when I got to the bottom of page 8 my ability to understand the meaning of a bunch of dashed letters and subscript completely switched off.
Original post by Etoile

*curtseys*

Spoiler

:awesome:
I could speak to you in Swedish/German! I would be nice and only speak to people in languages they understood, unless I was cross with them :teehee:
As ever, you are impeccable logical and reasonable! :lol:

Seriously. :rofl:
I'm the complete opposite of Illingworth really. Because I'm reaaaally good at avoiding temptations. It'd not work on me. :smug:
You could! Yes, then you could curse at us in Russian, but I'd come to understand :teehee:
Without it I wouldn't be able to get by. :lol:
Original post by Etoile
:rofl: You can trade your lobster for an oboe in a market! :yep:
In case you need transport on the beach :smug:

Yes! :ahee: But I would need like 1000 lobsters on the assumption that I get £200 for each lobster. :teehee:
I thought we went through this, I don't live near a beach. :facepalm2:

Aww that is the cutest thing ever!
It actually made me smile at the endd. :3
Original post by Coco_94
Such a brilliant blog post!

The author is hilarious. I love the whole blog.
This one has a rather feel-good quality as well.
Aww that is the cutest thing ever!
It actually made me smile at the endd. :3

Job done. Read some more posts, they're hilarious.
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
The author is hilarious. I love the whole blog.
This one has a rather feel-good quality as well.

The whole blog does seem of a good quality too, but it's that particular post definitely seems to make you think, ah, I'm not the only one... As well as the fact that it's entertaining, light-hearted as you said and also the fact other people can associate with it or understand things like that a bit more..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
Job done. Read some more posts, they're hilarious.

Ahahaaaa, thanks, it's the small things that make people really smile.
Original post by Etoile
Me too :console:
I changed it into German as well and all the []//#'., etc are in different places! :eek:
Ooh sounds interesting! :ahee:
That is the beauty of multilingualism :h:
I know :frown: I am forgetting all my Greek and Chinese so I want to practice them a bit :biggrin:

:hugs:

Yikes! :lol: Today I have toggled between English (Pirate), English (Upside down), English (UK), French (France) and Kiswahili. :teehee: The pirate option was hilarious. Try it! :lol:

Yes. :sogood:

Oh noes... I know more of the Greek alphabet than Cyrillic... would you like to converse en FB using the Greek alphabet now? I would like some practice too. :colone:

http://gr.translit.cc/