The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy in 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by dizzyhawt
Northampton was a nice relaxed interview. First there was a talk on the course, very similar to one you would receive at an open day. Next there was a group task with about 6 of us, it involved choosing activities for elderly people at a home to give them new skills but to also enhance their environment. Then after that it was time for a short essay on Occupational Therapy and the different settings they work in and the variety of people they work with, also your experience within the field. :smile:

Coventry was quite similar but the group tasks were quite different just involves about 12 of you sat in a circle and discus what items to have if you were on I'm a Celebrity. Next you were broken into two groups and had an egg, 5 straws and 10 pieces of selotape. You had to name your team and make a protective "box" using the straws and tape; the egg was dropped to see if it broke :s-smilie: our did :eek: After that there was a short question sheet to answer, that was it.

Quite nice interview compared with other areas of study, everyone seemed so friendly in both places.

Hope that has been of help!!! :biggrin:

Good luck.

Thanks for the info (: Still sounds kind of scary! Lol, how'd you think they went? Have you had to wait long after the interview for a reply? What's your first choice, or you not fussed?
Reply 121
Oh and yea it was a great help thanks! Lollllllllllllll (:
Reply 122
Original post by Kirsty5
Thanks for the info (: Still sounds kind of scary! Lol, how'd you think they went? Have you had to wait long after the interview for a reply? What's your first choice, or you not fussed?

My interview for Northampton was at the end of November and Coventry was on the 10th of this month. Still not heard from either :frown: Northampton said they would let us know after the 14th of this month so hopefully next week :eek: Coventry said they would let us know within 3 weeks so hopefully before the new year. I really want Northampton. Where is your first choice?
Reply 123
Original post by dizzyhawt
My interview for Northampton was at the end of November and Coventry was on the 10th of this month. Still not heard from either :frown: Northampton said they would let us know after the 14th of this month so hopefully next week :eek: Coventry said they would let us know within 3 weeks so hopefully before the new year. I really want Northampton. Where is your first choice?

The waiting game is horrible isn't it! Lol, I'm so impairment aswell! First choice is Northampton aswell, I've not long sent off my application though so a long waiting game for me! How long after you submitted your application did they get back to you with an invite for an interview?
Reply 124
* impatient
Reply 125
Original post by classrunner10
Hi, daughter finally been offered an interview for Derby, we live nowhere near here and haven't had a chance to go yet, has anyone been for an interview and can tell us what to expect?

My Auntie's friend went for an interview at Derby last year I think, or the year before. She said it was a group interview and that it was quite relaxed. She advised that you make sure you talk a lot, are approachable and get noticed- so to make sure you don't just sit there quietly basically!
Oh, and she's now studying OT at Derby as well :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by Kirsty5
The waiting game is horrible isn't it! Lol, I'm so impairment aswell! First choice is Northampton aswell, I've not long sent off my application though so a long waiting game for me! How long after you submitted your application did they get back to you with an invite for an interview?

I sent my UCAS off in October, and Northampton sent me an interview within weeks, Coventry was not long after. Still nothing from Canterbury, but as you said they wait for closing before making a choice :s-smilie:
Reply 127
Original post by yay_sophie_yay
they started sending out offers on monday, but i know a few who haven't heard from interviews yet, so don't worry!

Thanks, although I still haven't heard anything :-( It is my first choice too - really hoping and praying I will get an offer but I'm not hopeful now esp as they said I'd hear within 2 weeks and it's very near the end of the 2 weeks now & I'm thinking the Uni would have broken up for Christmas by now? Really well done to you anyway :smile: Where is your first choice? x
Reply 128
Original post by Grund
I'm predicted AAB too, and I achieved AABC at AS (dropped the C subject) and got rejected by Liverpool. I was so surprised because they're only asking for BCC, and all my grades exceed this! I had 2 work placements doing voluntary and shadow work. Just goes to show how academic and vocational courses prioritise very differently.
Not heard from Southampton yet, I didn't realise they're asking for AAB?! I thought they were asking for ABB. I need to pay more attention...

They say ABB on their prospectus, ABB on one page of their website and AAB on another, and I e-mailed them asking and they said AAB! Was so disappointed! I've got an offer from UEA now though after my interview, interview is quite relaxed if I'm honest, two people interviewing you asking you why you want to do the course, what experience you have, why you, as a person, would be a good OT. And of course, stuff like why UEA, is it far from home? (Seven hours for me!) Also, you'll have a numeracy and literary test, but they don't look at it till you've been given an offer. It's just to see if you'd need extra help, it's ridiculously easy though so really is nothing to worry about!
Reply 129
Original post by m3lb
Hi Jo,

I had my interview at Bournemouth this Wednesday...I'm waiting to hear..have you heard anything yet?

Nope, nothing yet at all! So nervous!
Reply 130
Had interview at Coventry on 10th Dec ...still waiting to hear....it's driving me MAAADDDD :angry:
Reply 131
aww dont worry. what was ur written assessment like? what did they ask you?
Josmith34 I think we were at the same interview for Bournemouth, no news is good news as they say, they must be still considering you, or maybe they haven't worked through everyone yet :smile:)
Got offers from liverpool and southampton and I've withdrawn from cardiff. Anyone else going to the applicant days in February?
Original post by loopyloo2010
Has anyone heard off Bournemouth yet? I have a conditional offer so would be good to chat to others that will be going there too :smile:). Also, I have an interview in Cardiff in jan but as Bournemouth was my first choice, is there any point in me going to the Cardiff interview? I may aswell pull out to give someone else the chance to go?

hi I've decided to withdraw from cardiff, but it's up to you if you think it's worth going.
(edited 12 years ago)
Daughter now offered interview at Oxford Brookes, anyone been to an interview there, any advice welcome. Bit worried though, Oxford Brookes rang to see if she was going as they sent her an e-mail 12/12 but she did not the e-mail! Has anyone heard from Brunel, Cardiff or Canterbury, daughter applied 18/11and we want me make sure that they have not e-mailed and we did not get them either.:smile:
Reply 136
Original post by classrunner10
Daughter now offered interview at Oxford Brookes, anyone been to an interview there, any advice welcome. Bit worried though, Oxford Brookes rang to see if she was going as they sent her an e-mail 12/12 but she did not the e-mail! Has anyone heard from Brunel, Cardiff or Canterbury, daughter applied 18/11and we want me make sure that they have not e-mailed and we did not get them either.:smile:

Hi - Brookes interview is a group interview, you are asked questions and as a team you discuss them - they are basically looking at how you communicate more than the actual content of what you say (within reason!)...I was really worried as to how my interview went there but fortunately I was offered a place. My advice would be just be yourself - don't try and be the person who says the most be certainly try and make yourself stand out. I also applied to Brunel and Cardiff, I heard from all three on the same day via an email about 2 weeks after I sent my application off- have you checked the 'Junk inbox', sometimes emails can find their way in there - but if not don't worry - I applied mega early and I think they wait until they get a certain num of people they want to interview and do it in batches. I hope this helps. If you hear back from Brunel the interview I had there was a one to one interview and was relaxed and really quite nice - Good luck to your daughter :smile:
Reply 137
Offer from UEA! BBC :smile:
Reply 138
Original post by loopyloo2010
Josmith34 I think we were at the same interview for Bournemouth, no news is good news as they say, they must be still considering you, or maybe they haven't worked through everyone yet :smile:)

Yeah that's what I'm hoping! Were you there as well? Haa! That's fab! Small world :smile:
Original post by L-2011
Hi - Brookes interview is a group interview, you are asked questions and as a team you discuss them - they are basically looking at how you communicate more than the actual content of what you say (within reason!)...I was really worried as to how my interview went there but fortunately I was offered a place. My advice would be just be yourself - don't try and be the person who says the most be certainly try and make yourself stand out. I also applied to Brunel and Cardiff, I heard from all three on the same day via an email about 2 weeks after I sent my application off- have you checked the 'Junk inbox', sometimes emails can find their way in there - but if not don't worry - I applied mega early and I think they wait until they get a certain num of people they want to interview and do it in batches. I hope this helps. If you hear back from Brunel the interview I had there was a one to one interview and was relaxed and really quite nice - Good luck to your daughter :smile:

Thanks for that, she has been offered a conditional at Brunel, interview at Derby on Friday and of course, the one she wants, Oxford Brookes following week. I have heard Cantebury are waiting for the closing date. Still nothing from Cardiff, we are a bit surprised at this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending