Sent off 13th October, got back on the 26th of that month :smile:
Reply 2961
Applied 14th October

1st Offer:The University of Gloucestershire- 21st October
2nd Offer:The University of Birmingham- 11th November
3rd Offer:The University of Sheffield- 11th November
4th Offer:The University of York - 15th November
5th Offer: De Montfort University - 7th December
Sent mine off in the second week of October, and got an offer from Queen's at the end of November...still my only offer.
Applied 14 October:

1st - 3rd November

Got my 5th offer on the 16th December. So happy that the whole process is finally over. Now I just have to get the grades :smile:
Reply 2964
It took me 54 days for me to get my first reply and I am still waiting for the other four. :frown:
Reply 2965
Original post by Dbrown18
In my 6th form, a girl sent hers off and got an offer the very next day :eek:
And then, you have people who sent theres in october and still havent gotten a reply.

When did you get your first offer, and in general, whats the sort of average time you have to wait between sending off the ucas and receiving your first offer(or rejection if thats the case)?

I sent mine off thurs morning, and got an acknowledgement from hertfordshire today.

I sent mine off at the beginning of October still haven't heard a peep.
Reply 2966
Can offers still be made over the Christmas period?
Reply 2967
The UCAS website and all its features will be still be active during christmas so I don't see why not, unless the university admissions departments themselves are closed.
I got an offer today, but the christmas period defined by UCAS is from 25th December until around 2nd January.
Reply 2968
Cool, I just don't want to be checking it so often :smile: I don't think I'll be hearing until January anyway :P
Original post by Cats150
Can offers still be made over the Christmas period?

Yes. :smile:
Reply 2970
I applied last year but I think these should still be broadly relevant:

Applied - 14th October
1st Offer - 24th November
2nd Offer - 21st December
3rd Offer - 5th January
4th Offer - 6th January
5th Offer - 21st January

Just remember that the dates will vary between universities and departments, and that when you get your offer relative to other people usually doesn't say anything about how strong your application is :smile:
Applied on 3rd October, got my first offer on the 12th October for my insurance choice :smile:

Completely depends on the university department, seems UEA's biochemistry section is very quick!
Reply 2972
About 2 weeks, mine was sent mid-November.
Reply 2973
I'm just gonna drop in here and hope to put some people at ease:

Sent my UCAS in late September, 1st offer mid October (Exeter), one mid November (Sussex), Oxford interview in December (Offer a week later), solid rejection from Durham in January and heard bugger all from Edinburgh until right before the deadline for replies! It is not a contest of who can get the most offers the fastest, some unis do them as they come in, some wait for all of them to come in (Like the lovely Edinburgh) Patience :smile:
Applied on Oct 11th

First offer on Oct 26th
Second offer on Nov 2nd
Third offer on Nov 10th
Fourth offer on Dec 6th
Reply 2975
Has anyone heard yet from Bristol at all? Or York? My only two left waiting. Bristol is killing me inside.
Reply 2976
It was so frustrating watching everybody get offers - really pissed me off.

But, applied on the 13th October, then my first offer came 18th November.

UCAS....
Reply 2977
Mine was processed on 5th december, got my first offer on the 9th december, and the second on the 13th, just 3 more to go but i know that's not going to be will into january :frown:
Reply 2978
About a week later, if even that! Royal Holloway were on the ball :colone:
15 days from Lancaster for economics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending