The Student Room Group

Would you rather be loved or spoilt?

Say for instance you have a choice of two guys:

Guy A: typical student lifestyle with typical student account balance to go with it, can't afford takeaways or nights out. However, this is a guy that you love and share memories with but can't offer you gifts for christmas.

Guy B: Slightly older, not a student, good with people and especially good with money consequently has a very healthy bank balance. He'll offer you all sorts of luxurious, all your girly needs will be fulfilled. However, you don't love this guy.

Who would you pick?
Reply 1
Guy A :smile:... Love is priceless, materials just can't compete <3
Original post by Tannu123
Guy A :smile:... Love is priceless, materials just can't compete <3

This ^
Reply 3
Original post by Dekota-XS
Guy A: typical student lifestyle with typical student account balance to go with it, can't afford takeaways or nights out. However, this is a guy that you love and share memories with but can't offer you gifts for christmas.

Guy B: Slightly older, not a student, good with people and especially good with money consequently has a very healthy bank balance. He'll offer you all sorts of luxurious, all your girly needs will be fulfilled. However, you don't love this guy.

Been with B.. Having my "girly needs fulfilled" (oh please, what needs would those even be?) didn't make me happy. So, would have to be A. Though truthfully, I wouldn't really be looking for a boyfriend in the typical student either.
y, u offerin summit? :eyeball:
Reply 5
Loved, definitely, materialism isn't attractive whatsoever. & staying in a relationship just for that reason is awful.
Guy A.
Everyone will say A but end up with B.
Defo A.
I've never been somebody who ever expects gifts or for the guy to always spend his money taking me out places and whatnot. If he did every now and then I'd love it, just for the romantic and thoughtfulness. I just want a guy to love me as much as I love him :smile:.
Reply 9
Guy A.
If you don't love Guy B then why would you choose him instead? :dontknow:
Reply 10
A is preferable but a modified version of B who loves me wouldn't go amiss. Say if B loved me and didn't use money as an excuse for not giving genuine quality time and affection, or make a big thing out of having money...I probably wouldn't say no. Just being honest here...
A, obviously. I can buy material things myself, don't need a guy for that.
Guy A - I'm struggling to think who would actually say guy B...but I guess there are some people out there :/

What's a relationship without memories, joy and love? And tbh, I've never really liked receiving presents, so yeah, guy B would wind me right up :/
Guy A. I've dated a Guy B and it fell apart because I fell for Guy A. Guy B may give you lots of gifts, but memories are priceless and fancy gifts without meaning aren't worth a lot. Guy A sounds awesome, even if he can't afford a lot. Nothing beats love!
Guy A (I love love :biggrin:)

:love:
Original post by g_star_raw_1989
Everyone will say A but end up with B.

This is true in a lot of cases I must say. Theres usually a problem between asking women (and men for that matter) preference questions about the opposite sex-the difference between their stated preference and their actual preference (based on their behaviour).
Person A. Love, friendship and compatibility are vital in a romantic relationship.

I'd never consider person B. I don't need nights out, take-sways and presents. My entire relationship history reflects this.
A, and I can say this quite genuinely because all of my bfs have been poor (just coincidence) and I always end up lending them money. I'm an epic stingepot/bargain seeker (hence why I have the money to lend), so expensive gifts have never been my thing anyway ("for that necklace, we could go out to the pub ten times... I could sell it" would be my secret thought).

Quick Reply