The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

What's Chester like?

I'm thinking of applying to Chester as my last choice (safety net) and i am attending an open day next weekend but what's the uni actually like? is it good? what's the place like? is it really quick or is there decent nightlife?!

Anybody that goes there/been there help me out please! :tongue:
Reply 1
To study German by the way. :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I live in chester (pretty much) and ive just put chester down as my firm choice to do forensic bio and criminology! Cant really tell you much about the uni itself (although the applicant day was fab!) but the city is absolutely beautiful! Pretty good nightlife - as ive heard (im too young yet!) and lots of shopping places! Town is only 10 minute walk from the chester campus (: lots of buses and train station near by too (:

Hope that kinda helps :P xx
Original post by JakeE10
I'm thinking of applying to Chester as my last choice (safety net) and i am attending an open day next weekend but what's the uni actually like? is it good? what's the place like? is it really quick or is there decent nightlife?!

Anybody that goes there/been there help me out please! :tongue:

Decent city - quite small compared to Manchester , but a very nice place.

Night-life is decent
Reply 4
It's great,

David x

Source: I go there.
Hopefully nothing like Hollyoaks :redface:
Reply 6
Chester's a really nice city. The Uni isn't the highest rating uni, but it has a really nice campus and lovely people and a really nice feeling.

The city itself is only small, but gets very busy with tourists, but never the less it's a very nice little city woth all the amenities you'll need. Its also close to Liverpool and Cheshire Oaks, so has a bit of variety.

The nightlife revolves mainly around the SU and two large clubs in town which have student nights and then other bars and pubs in Chester always have something on. I really like the nightlife due to it not being overly large, but large enough. If your used to a more major city then it may seem a bt weird.

Overall i'd say that Chester is a lovely place to study and I woudn't rather be anywhere else (In the U.K)
Reply 7
On the whole, Chester is a very nice place to live, but like everywhere it has its ****holes.
What little of the nightlife I've experienced is vibrant, even midweek it's fairly busy compared to where I go to university (i.e. I've walked into a club to find I am literally the only person NOT being paid to be there!)

Look out for the preacher on t'other side of Eastgate clock on weekends - he's a local legend!
Reply 8
Chester is great! Lots of little cafes, plenty of pubs. Not a great deal in the way of clubs, but Liverpool and Manchester are fairly close via train. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending