The Student Room Group

C3 Jan 12 Edexcel - Past Papers, Model answers, tips

post exam thread - including solutions

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1903204

I will update this first post on the day following the exam to upload the paper and model answers.

I do not have access to the papers before the exam

Here is a link to the June 11 thread, the first few posts contains stacks of useful stuff such as past papers, model answers, boundaries, hints and tips...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619039
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think Edexcel definitely stepped up the difficultly of their papers in recent sessions. They were heavily critised by OFQUAL (probably fairly) that their papers were too predictable. Since then they have thrown in the odd stinker and put on more questions requiring more thinking.

Boundaries are simply a reflection of how well candidates nationally do, every paper is written with the intention of 60/75 being an A.

C3 and C4 are often higher in Jan because the candidates are generally stronger, more muppets do it in June....
Reply 2
Original post by Arsey
I think Edexcel definitely stepped up the difficultly of their papers in recent sessions. They were heavily critised by OFQUAL (probably fairly) that their papers were too predictable. Since then they have thrown in the odd stinker and put on more questions requiring more thinking.

Boundaries are simply a reflection of how well candidates nationally do, every paper is written with the intention of 60/75 being an A.

Thanks for the information. I didn't know that.

C3 and C4 are often higher in Jan because the candidates are generally stronger, more muppets do it in June....

Haha, so true...
Reply 3
Will be doing C3 and C4 this January. Feeling very confident with C3, and with the Christmas break coming up I'll have a lot of time for C4. Something that worked for me last year was to complete all the past papers in the period leading up to the exam, and then the two days before the exam complete all of the review exericse questions in the book. You'll probably recognise the questions if you haven't already done the exercise before, but it's good preparation for a wider range of questions just before an exam.

Good luck to all taking the exam!
C3 :colone: Need to smaasshhh this paper (no sharma)
I really need to do well in C3 - I am just around the boundary for an A with my AS results:colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
It's nearly here!!! :lol:
Reply 7
Original post by Extricated
C3 :colone: Need to smaasshhh this paper (no sharma)

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 8
Original post by Arsey

I'm guessing doing the solomon papers will help prepare for this pretty well? since they usually have 'harder' questions, which require more thinking, and some random questions
Reply 9
Original post by ps3g4m3r
I'm guessing doing the solomon papers will help prepare for this pretty well? since they usually have 'harder' questions, which require more thinking, and some random questions

Yes, and also doing the older P1-P6 papers.
Reply 10
Apart from past papers and solomon papers, are there any other useful resources for C3 practice?
:danceboy:

Let's go. :colone:
2012 used to seem so far away...
Reply 13
Original post by Sailingslipelick

Original post by Sailingslipelick
2012 used to seem so far away...

I know what you mean... :s-smilie:
Original post by nexl
Apart from past papers and solomon papers, are there any other useful resources for C3 practice?

The review exercises in the textbook and Elmwood Press papers.
Reply 15
Original post by Jukeboxing
The review exercises in the textbook and Elmwood Press papers.

And ZiggZagg, practice papers and mocks :smile:
I'm really scared :/
Do you think this paper will be substantially harder because of Ofqual?
Reply 18
I could be wrong, but I swear my C3 exam is on the 23rd :s-smilie:

Isn't M1 the one that's on the 12th?
Original post by Silent--ly
I could be wrong, but I swear my C3 exam is on the 23rd :s-smilie:

Isn't M1 the one that's on the 12th?

The 12 is for the year: 2012. :^_^:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending