The Student Room Group

Erasmus - Scottish uni?

Hi!

Just have a general question: If I would go to a Scottish uni and want to do an erasmus term abroad, how many terms in my 4 yr education could I take abroad?

Cheers!
Reply 1
one or two, max
Original post by unoseis

Original post by unoseis
Hi!

Just have a general question: If I would go to a Scottish uni and want to do an erasmus term abroad, how many terms in my 4 yr education could I take abroad?

Cheers!

You can do an academic year abroad, usually your 3rd year.
Some courses/universities will only let you go for a semester but others will let you go for the full year.
Reply 3
Stirling uni only let you go for the second semester of your third year. I know other Scottish unis let you go for your entire third year.
Reply 4
Original post by oxymoronic
You can do an academic year abroad, usually your 3rd year.
Some courses/universities will only let you go for a semester but others will let you go for the full year.

Does that mean that if I for example take a year in Italy at year 3 while in a Scottish uni, it will count as a year in my degree?

Meaning that I will only have 1 year left, when I come back?
Reply 5
Original post by unoseis
Does that mean that if I for example take a year in Italy at year 3 while in a Scottish uni, it will count as a year in my degree?

Meaning that I will only have 1 year left, when I come back?

Yes however do note that the program can be very competitive.
Reply 6
Original post by roar558
Yes however do note that the program can be very competitive.

In what way?
Reply 7
Original post by unoseis
In what way?

If I remember correctly, there's a limited number of places and so commonly interviews must be held to determine the most suitable candidates for the program.

Quick Reply

Latest