The Student Room Group

Whats the most ridiculous statement you have ever put in a exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BramsSTFU

In General Studies at college I didn't answer the questions I just wrote about how my mother is a lunatic, then I wrote some questions of my own and put my email, in case the person marking my paper wanted to answer them. Which they didn't.

I really really REALLY hope this is true. if it is you're probably my favourite person ever.
Reply 421
GCSE Religious Studies: we were asked to discuss whether Britain was a secular society. You can guess what was written.
Reply 422
For a first year Uni exam I had a complete mind blank on what IAEA stood for so put down that it was the International Agency for the Evidence of Aliens. Needless to say I didn't get the mark but did get a note on the paper from the marker saying that it was funny, and had brightened up some very dull marking :tongue:
Original post by Miracle Day
What did you get? haha

An A* :biggrin: the examiners must have been Pastafarians :wink:
Reply 424
I wrote about Charlie Sheen in my English exam; got an A* for it though so WINNING.

My friend wrote about Martin Luther King being an actual king... He failed.
"Gary Numan" when I had to name a molecule in an A2 Chemistry exam.
Reply 426
GCSE English language, it asked me to 'inform' the examiner of my plans for next year. I proceeded to explain my life ambitions and I even wrote, "I've been told I can get at least 2 A*s at A-level, I consider myself gifted". Yeah, I was a ****er. Got an A though (yn).
(edited 12 years ago)
I have:

Made up random statistics for My GCSE Religious Studies paper

But still got an A (2 marks off an A* :rant: **** YOU EDEXCEL! :colonhash:)
This is from my GCSE Business Coursework but...

I somehow ended up writing 'the customers will be made to serve the customers'

And in class I autocorrected every 'a' to 'chicken'; and forgot to delete all the... chickens. No doubt my teacher had a big red circle with 'What!?' on where I'd written 'the business will make chicken profit' :K:
Reply 429
I can't remember exactly what I put but I remember comparing of mice and men to a toilet in my GCSE English lit exam.

I got an A.
Reply 430
Original post by mad.shell
NO WAY! LOOOOOOOL

In my TOEFL exam I had to read an excerpt or something, and since the exams was like 4 hours long, I spaced out. I had to summarize the excerpt in like 1 minute, something about possums, and since I spaced out I just spoke for like 40 seconds. The next 15 seconds was just awkward silence, then I used the last 5 seconds to say: "And that's the way it is."

I thought: "Kill me now."

LMFAO!!! Total Forrest Gump moment xD love it.

I wish my exams would ask me about possums. They seem like a lot more fun than immunohistological sections :/
Reply 431
MUN is the proper place for ridicule. :wink:

My most ridiculous answers are always when I subtly (unprovably but still perceptibly) imply shockingly controversial things. I can't think of any examples.
On one of the A* Maths question for my GCSE's I put E=MC2
Uhm, my A2 Spanish mock was passed around the teachers due to the 'hilarity'
In the research part, I was not expecting the question (we'd only just started our research phase, so I wrote about how if global warming continues, then Cuba will become completely flooded and cease to exist.
I also wrote all about how I wished I was Winston Churchill...

And in a GCSE physics exam I answered "Why does Saturn have rings?" with: "On the 4th day, God made Saturn, and he liked it, so he put a ring on it."

Physics was never my strong point...
English language GCSE = basing everything around +44 quote... and getting full marks. I don't even know how it happened...

RE mock exam, question was something along the lines of: "why might a Muslim not agree with deforestation?"
Soo I regurgitated the passages I'd remembered: The prophet said "If you kill anything larger than a sparrow without just cause, then Allah will hold you responsible." A tree is larger than a sparrow and so Muslims may not agree with deforestation, as they try to follow his teachings.

I got marks for this... And a massive smiley face, saying that it was a great new angle..
Original post by Nick_000
Inspired by the General Studies thread where people are talking about how they just wrote crap.

So, what is the most ludicrous thing you have ever wrote in an exam? Also, which exam was it?

Cheryl Cole. No competition.
Spanish exam: mi pueblo es muy burro (my village is very donkey)

Science exam: How do you test for oxygen in a room?
Go inside. breathe. If you die there is no oxygen
In my practice writing French exam I was writing about my mother. My teacher told me to make comparisons and share my opinions so...I wrote:

(Translated)
I am jealous of my mother because she is skinnier than me and I am round like a snowman.
:confused:
Reply 438
In the creative writing part of my English exam I was writing about Stockholm syndrome, which I didn't say but implied.

About 30 seconds before the end I realised I'd actually been hinting at Germany and had to scribble a note saying "it just occured to me Stockholm is actually in Sweden. Please replace any references to Germany with ones to Sweden, eg. Ikea."

I got an A*, so I give the little details don't matter too much.
Went into my AS Psychology exam without having revised and obviously didn't know what to write, so I wrote about why I had failed the exam and how much the person who was sat in front of my was annoying me. The person in front of me was eventually ejected from the exam hall for disruption.

Quick Reply

Latest