The Student Room Group

Wolverhampton Child nursing interview!!! please help

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering can anyone help me with possible questions that they ask at a child nursing interview in particular at Wolverhampton uni :smile:?????

thanks xx
Reply 1
Hi!

I have my interview for children's nursing at Wolverhampton on Tuesday 6th December! So nervous:frown:. If you have yours before mine could you let me know what happens?

Original post by TerriH
Hi!

I have my interview for children's nursing at Wolverhampton on Tuesday 6th December! So nervous:frown:. If you have yours before mine could you let me know what happens?

i have had my interview today at wolverhampton for children's nursing and i was really nervous too. but don't worry about it, it really wasn't that bad, juts keep calm and relax:smile:
they just ask you about yourself and a few questions about the course.

good luck for tomorrow
Reply 3
hey..

thanks for that. I have my interview in jan.. can you give a few examples of the questions? Also how many questions did they ask?
thanks guys :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by TerriH

hope ur interview went well. could you give me a few tips pls it will be well appreciated :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by pretti

Original post by pretti
hope ur interview went well. could you give me a few tips pls it will be well appreciated :smile:

i had my interview 8th december they askd me:
tell us bit about yourself and what you currently do?
why do you want to do nursing?
why this particular branch?
how do you put time aside for study?
what qualities does a nurse need?
what would a nurse do?
how would you work effectively in multi-discipliary teams?
whats currently in the news about nursing or health?
and then i was given 3 scenarios..
Reply 6
Original post by natalie-louise

Original post by natalie-louise
i have had my interview today at wolverhampton for children's nursing and i was really nervous too. but don't worry about it, it really wasn't that bad, juts keep calm and relax:smile:
they just ask you about yourself and a few questions about the course.

good luck for tomorrow

hi there just wondering did you get an offer? if so when for?i got an offer for sep 2013! :angry:
Reply 7
Original post by TerriH

Original post by TerriH
Hi!

hi there just wondering did you get an offer? if so when for?i got an offer for sep 2013! :angry:
Reply 8
Original post by K.S_93

Wolverhampton do this a lot - give offers for the following year. However, a significant number of the people with offers for a year later end up getting in that year anyway (ie 2012) because of people not accepting their 2012 offer, or not getting the grades, or dropping out early on, so there is still a chance that your offer might change to 2012!
Reply 9
Hi

I hope you interview went ok, i had mine on the 5th of december 2011 and ive been offered a conditional offer for septemeber 2013 aswell but hope for this year. It is a lovely uni. I have an interview at coventry and BCU in a couple of weeks so hoping to do well at both of those interviews. Just trying to find out if i actually have to carry out the numeracy and literacy test at BCU

Good luck everyone!!!
Reply 10
thanks. do you have to do a maths/english test?
Reply 11
hey, i have an interview for child nursing at wolverhampton too but its not in wolverhampton its in BURTON i dont know where it is? and why is it there did anyone go there for their interview too?
Reply 12
Original post by CatRox
Wolverhampton do this a lot - give offers for the following year. However, a significant number of the people with offers for a year later end up getting in that year anyway (ie 2012) because of people not accepting their 2012 offer, or not getting the grades, or dropping out early on, so there is still a chance that your offer might change to 2012!

Hi

yep people must have dropped out my offer has now changed to jan 2013 and i phoned to ask about the sep 2012 intake but they claim they are FULL!

dont blame em reli BCU have been ridculous declining people :frown: and coventry
wolves have low entry requirements so hey! everyone just applies ''/ oh well
close to home i suppose :d
Reply 13
Original post by K.S_93
Hi

yep people must have dropped out my offer has now changed to jan 2013 and i phoned to ask about the sep 2012 intake but they claim they are FULL!

dont blame em reli BCU have been ridculous declining people :frown: and coventry
wolves have low entry requirements so hey! everyone just applies ''/ oh well
close to home i suppose :d

There's still a chance it might get changed to september 2012, even right up until a couple of weeks after the course has started (you can say no, you'd still rather stick with jan 13). Because there will be people who don't get the grades on results day, or who don't turn up to start the course (can you believe it) or who drop out very early on.
Reply 14
Original post by K.S_93
i had my interview 8th december they askd me:
tell us bit about yourself and what you currently do?
why do you want to do nursing?
why this particular branch?
how do you put time aside for study?
what qualities does a nurse need?
what would a nurse do?
how would you work effectively in multi-discipliary teams?
whats currently in the news about nursing or health?
and then i was given 3 scenarios..

Please can you tell me what the scenarios were? and how did u answer to them?
Reply 15
Original post by uuknown
hey, i have an interview for child nursing at wolverhampton too but its not in wolverhampton its in BURTON i dont know where it is? and why is it there did anyone go there for their interview too?

Burton?! Thats odd considering the campus is in walsall!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending